Rotoworld.com Forums

Starling Marte 2017 Outlook

53 minutes ago, rich22 said:

15 HR compared to 3 is much more.   .446 SLG compared to .363 career SLG is much more power

i doubt he hits 15 HR in the second half but good point. maybe 7. 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he will be traded this season, but perhaps in the offseason. The Pirates can sell it as getting rid of a cheat. Any time they can excuse a cut in payroll, they are likely to do it. 

21 minutes ago, Heisenberg90 said:

Any word on if he's actually returning tomorrow when eligible?

This is all I could find but I don't see a reason why the team wouldn't get him back out there immediately.

On Tuesday, Pittsburgh outfielder Starling Marte is eligible to return from an 80-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs. He is expected to be slotted in left field, with Andrew McCutchen remaining in center and Gregory Polanco in right.

“That’s going to give us a boost,” Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer said of Marte’s return.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/pirates-get-chance-to-make-up-ground-on-brewers-071717

53 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This is all I could find but I don't see a reason why the team wouldn't get him back out there immediately.

On Tuesday, Pittsburgh outfielder Starling Marte is eligible to return from an 80-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs. He is expected to be slotted in left field, with Andrew McCutchen remaining in center and Gregory Polanco in right.

“That’s going to give us a boost,” Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer said of Marte’s return.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/pirates-get-chance-to-make-up-ground-on-brewers-071717

A bit more information here: http://piratesbreakdown.com/2017/07/14/starling-marte-batting-order-return/

Sounds like he will be playing RF and hitting 6th on Tuesday. I am rolling with him in a weekly league - three games @COL are too good to pass up...

40 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

A bit more information here: http://piratesbreakdown.com/2017/07/14/starling-marte-batting-order-return/

Sounds like he will be playing RF and hitting 6th on Tuesday. I am rolling with him in a weekly league - three games @COL are too good to pass up...

Left field, but he does have a chance at locking up CF eligibility for next season in ESPN leagues. Needs 7 more appearances out there.

I dont see him hitting 6th, but we'll see. I think it will be Harrison, Marte, McCutchen, Bell, Freese, Polanco, Cervelli, Mercer, P 

Edited by mpbaseball22
On 7/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, urban2014 said:

What actual motivation will Marte have though? The Pittsburgh Pirates aren't going anywhere and even if they make a run and make the playoffs, he can't even contribute there. Kind of  hard to trust 

His motivation is higher than 90% of the players.   He should be more motivated than almost anyone.   If he does poorly, people will say he was good because of 'roids.  That is plenty of motivation.   The dumbest thing is saying "he has no motivation"

Edited by rich22
On 7/17/2017 at 10:35 AM, mpbaseball22 said:

Left field, but he does have a chance at locking up CF eligibility for next season in ESPN leagues. Needs 7 more appearances out there.

I dont see him hitting 6th, but we'll see. I think it will be Harrison, Marte, McCutchen, Bell, Freese, Polanco, Cervelli, Mercer, P 

I was close. Marte leading off

25 minutes ago, mpbaseball22 said:

I was close. Marte leading off

Damnnnnn. Great deal. Unfortunate for the RBI plunge, but I need runs in the worst way. I guess they're throwing him right into it. They don't really have a legit leadoff guy otherwise, so this makes a lot of sense.

22 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Damnnnnn. Great deal. Unfortunate for the RBI plunge, but I need runs in the worst way. I guess they're throwing him right into it. They don't really have a legit leadoff guy otherwise, so this makes a lot of sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if Freese and Frazier split time. They'd probably have Frazier lead off and Marte could be moved down then. Whether he moves to #2 or #5, I don't know 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:01 PM, mpbaseball22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Freese and Frazier split time. They'd probably have Frazier lead off and Marte could be moved down then. Whether he moves to #2 or #5, I don't know 

Frazier batting 5th, Marte still leading off. Looks like Marte is the Pirates lead off hitter