Rotoworld.com Forums

Starling Marte 2017 Outlook

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

if Nandrolone is something that can only be injected and he had to know what he was doing, how could he be so stupid. only an idiot would think they're not going to get caught with something like this. I don't understand.

My honest opinion, and it won't be popular, I think the majority of players still juice or use something similar for enhancement. I think they've gotten better at being able to hide it from being detected on drug tests. 

3 minutes ago, Rammer28 said:

My honest opinion, and it won't be popular, I think the majority of players still juice or use something similar for enhancement. I think they've gotten better at being able to hide it from being detected on drug tests. 

People have to be naive to think this is not the case.  All of the previous cheaters are still doing what they did when they were on the drugs. Obviously there are better drugs. Usually the only guys getting caught are the dumb ones. 

Edited by chud12
59 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Right, doesn't mean they're legit, either "fake" or online scammers. Legit deca will only be injectable.

Would the fake ones cause a failed test though is what we'd need to know. 

26 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Dee Gordon all over again! High AVG speedster, feels like almost the exact same stage in the season too is it?

Almost! It was the end of April or maybe even first part of May. Either April 28 or May 5, 2016.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

People have to be naive to think this is not the case.  All of the previous cheaters are still doing what they did when they were on the drugs. Obviously there are better drugs. Usually the only guys getting caught are the dumb ones. 

Color me naive then man. 

I think most of these guys bust their a**, are disciplined, and have sacrificed time and effort most of us don't appreciate to be where they are. 

That's not to say they aren't looking for an edge, they all are be it training or supplements. Creatine, protein, the latest and greatest nutritional advances, etc. I just dont think the vast majority of them are using actual anabolics.

Masking agents and diuretics are easily detected and trying to cycle the juice and post cycle agents is really tough in any way that beats random testing.

HGH, RBC enhancers, stimulants, etc may be a little easier to get away with but effects differ and I still can't see em being overly prevalent. 

Unless we call caffeine a PED I just don't see them being used by anything other than small minority of players. 

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

no because there's no actual real nandrolone in fakes.

I mean unless a millionaire athlete is shopping the black market for pills being cooked in someone's basement. 

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

This doesn't happen on accident, folks. Nandrolone is not a pill someone can "slip" you or put in your protein shake without your knowledge. It's injectable.

You haven't accidently injected yourself with nandrolone when you meant to tweeze an ingrown hair? Happens all the time.

30 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So what's everyone drinking tonight? This kind of news usually calls for Rye but it's getting warm out here in the mid Atlantic so maybe...Gin?

Please advise. WHIR

Bad tequila warmed to 100 degrees and strained  through a sock.

44 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So what's everyone drinking tonight? This kind of news usually calls for Rye but it's getting warm out here in the mid Atlantic so maybe...Gin?

Please advise. WHIR

Mid Atlantic?  Newfoundlander?

46 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Bad tequila warmed to 100 degrees and strained  through a sock.

Mmmm...college

28 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Mid Atlantic?  Newfoundlander?

Im assuming Canada and America has a different definition of mid Atlantic because, I'm in Philadelphia. 

And be I went with a Corpse Reviver #2 and I'm feeling much better. Appreciate all the help guys. 

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Im assuming Canada and America has a different definition of mid Atlantic because, I'm in Philadelphia. 

Us crazy canucks consider Mid-Atlantic to mean the middle of the Atlantic ocean because Mid means middle and Atlantic is an ocean.  But your way makes sense too!  ?

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Us crazy canucks consider Mid-Atlantic to mean the middle of the Atlantic ocean because Mid means middle and Atlantic is an ocean.  But your way makes sense too!  ?

...you got me there. I'd argue but I'm full of gin, absinthe, and self loathing 

49 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

If true this is absolute BS - why should this information be kept quiet until now - if an appeal is ongoing that needs to be made public.

Doesn't work that way, that would be illegal. Can't announce until appeal process is through

10 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Doesn't work that way, that would be illegal. Can't announce until appeal process is through

Did that change recently - I feel like I clearly remember other players - Braun, Gordon going through appeals that were known about publicly...

53 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Mmmm...college

And be I went with a Corpse Reviver #2 and I'm feeling much better. Appreciate all the help guys. 

Good lord I had to look up a corpse reviver 2....high falutin...I mean it sounds good but damn I'm not even sure a bar around me has half the stuff needed for that drink....I gotta get to a big city...

Edited by hard1
17 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Did that change recently - I feel like I clearly remember other players - Braun, Gordon going through appeals that were known about publicly...

I could be wrong, but I believe the process is designed to be private through appeals...There's def better guys to ask than me but im pretty sure that's how it works

1 hour ago, mudrummer said:

I know Gordon got popped in March, 2016 and then went thru the appeal process.  The general public (us) had no idea until his 80 game suspension was announced in mid to late April.