Rotoworld.com Forums

Starling Marte 2017 Outlook

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspension will be just about half over at the end of this month. If he's still hanging out there in my league with 25 games to go, I'm going to take a stab. His upside will dwarf whoever's in my 4th/5th bench spot over the last 10 weeks of the fantasy season.

8 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Suspension will be just about half over at the end of this month. If he's still hanging out there in my league with 25 games to go, I'm going to take a stab. His upside will dwarf whoever's in my 4th/5th bench spot over the last 10 weeks of the fantasy season.

Absolutely should be rostered at this point.

12 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Marte was dropped in my league after he was suspended and I insantly scooped him up, their is just no way he should be sitting on waivers now. His suspension is essentially 2 more months which isn't bad considering the game breaker you are getting once he comes back.. The guys is an absolute beast and was likely drafted in the the 2nd-4th rounds of drafts this year. You never find that type of upside just sitting out on waivers... 

I also own Moncada (with no NA slots in my league), Wilson Ramos and David Price taking up both of my DL slots all year and I still made the move to pick up Marte a month ago.. 

1 hour ago, Stein said:

Absolutely should be rostered at this point.

I guess if you have a ton of DL slots. Lots of people simply don't have the room. He's sitting on waivers in my 10 teamer right now and I'd like to grab him but can't waste a spot for two more months

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I guess if you have a ton of DL slots. Lots of people simply don't have the room. He's sitting on waivers in my 10 teamer right now and I'd like to grab him but can't waste a spot for two more months

I feel like you kind of have to make room than and get this guy on your roster. I have 5 guys hurt, Moncada rostered and Marte rostered. I look at it as full survival mode in the first half and than I should make a massive run in the 2nd half. I have had so many injuries why not just take the risk?? That is just my perspective but I don't think anyone is really cutting Freddie Freeman regardless of there current situations..

We know he used to be a beast. Who knows what we'll get when he returns?

i'll let someone else burn a spot for him for another 2 months.  If he's available in early July i'll make the add and hope he he quickly returns to form. 

But i have my doubts. 

Edited by Braves16

once you juice it changes you permanently, (forgotwho was talking about that)

is there an example of a player not doing well after getting popped for peds? cruz best years have come after he got caught 

very easy to roster.... especially if you punt saves, or punt sp, (h2h)

Edited by colepenhagen
On 5/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, colepenhagen said:

once you juice it changes you permanently, (forgotwho was talking about that)

is there an example of a player not doing well after getting popped for peds? cruz best years have come after he got caught 

Braun has been constantly injured since.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Melky has been okay, but not like he was in 2012, when he got caught

Edited by rich22
On 5/15/2017 at 2:13 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm holding both, hopefully Dahl. Whats the count down looiking like for Marte anyways? 50 something games left?

July 18th.  Barring rainouts

On 2017-06-02 at 10:33 PM, PurpleHaze479 said:

How many leagues is this guy available in? Is it def time to scoop him up??

I feel like I'm playing chicken with the rest of my league regarding picking him up.  OF is super deep and everyone has more DL players than DL slots so it's not easy to get a suspended player onto your roster.

I dropped Dahl for him yesterday. Figured since I've been wasting that roster spot all year so far, I might as well waste it for another month and a half. 

My two biggest categories of need are runs and sb. Felt like I couldn't wait it out any longer, and with Dahl's setback it felt like a no brainer.

I drafted him in the 3rd in my 10-teamer and cut bait as soon as he was suspended.  I just picked him back up this morning after reading chatter on here and in the Dahl thread about guys cutting bait on Dahl and adding Marte.  I couldn't wait any longer and risk someone else adding him.  We only have 1 DL spot and I have Freeman on the shelf as well.  

Edited by the_real_ab

A lot of these posts are annoying - I really hate all of you so lucky to be able to pick him up this late (especially when you didn't draft him). Been holding him since he got suspended, despite suffering 12+ injuries this season. 

Anyway, obviously pick him up if he's available. A huge game-changer down the stretch. That said, I'm not expecting 2nd round numbers when he comes back thanks to the Pirates being so putrid. Terrible lineup for counting stats. 

On 5/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, colepenhagen said:

Have had to do this out of necessity (punt SP) after Kluber, Paxton, Maeda and Taillon hit the DL.  Swap out a SP6/7 for a closer or elite middle reliever and focus on ratios/saves with what is essentially a shortened roster.  Pick your start(s) for the week based on best matchups to meet the innings minimum.  It's allowed me to stay afloat in H2H while waiting to get back to near full-health. 

Should work the same if burning roster spots for ailing hitters.