BeantownBashers

Danny Salazar 2017 Outlook

Watched him pitch... Has a great split-change that he has trouble locating. His fastball is very flat. He doesn't have consistent command. He routinely shakes off the catcher. Not buying. I don't like SP that you have NO CLUE what you are going to get from them. 

I mean he's gotten rocked twice in same month span by just a pitiful Royals club putting up historical worst production.  At what point do we just say this guy sucks and move on?  He was awful in second half last year.  Carried over to this half.  He's essentially been worthless for a full calendar year.

Edited by Cmilne23

Problem is he'll throw a great game and get you excited then throw two clunkers back to back. You would have to be desperate for K's to own him and ruin the other cats. Every year I read this is the year he breaks out. And its the same old crap. I bid him up in my auction league. It got down to a second left and I thought I was getting stuck with him. Won't make that mistake again. With him anyway.

Im not sure I can take this any more. Upside plus....but in the end not worth the trouble....

55 minutes ago, herschel said:

So are people hanging on to him?

In keepers, as much as I'd like to rage drop right now, it would be a mistake.  Best move is to bench and see what they do w/ him.  We don't have much info to go on at the moment.

Odds are he moves into the pen and skips 1 or 2 starts to get things figured out.   He won't sniff my active lineup again until he strings together 2 rock solid starts.

He's a drop in non-keeper </= 12 team leagues. CLE's pen is already one of the better ones in the majors so the time it takes to figure out where he figures in with the Miller/Allen-et al arrangement will leave you feeling pretty dumb holding onto him is my prediction. He needs Clevinger to implode or an injury to someone else to be relevant again because that's what this is - a crystal-ball-reading exercise. Drop and try to scoop him again later if need be.

Edited by SuperJoint

I think they'd send him to AAA if they could. Have to hold in keepers & deep leagues.  He's shown he can be an ace with his head on straight.  Don't trust Bauer Tomlin cleavinger either

13 hours ago, motown magic said:

Problem is he'll throw a great game and get you excited then throw two clunkers back to back. 

When does he have the great game again?

This ride is over for me. Its week 9 tomorrow, how much can you screw up before you let go 

Feels so good to move on from him. He's been a keeper of mine for three years. Used him as a throw in for a package trade. I highly recommend doing the same. 

Could they just be trying to snap him out of this funk? I'm tempted to hold in hopes that he turns things around and gets his starting role back soon. There certainly aren't any waiver wire guys with his upside...

18 minutes ago, Fister?Ihardlyknowher said:

Could they just be trying to snap him out of this funk? I'm tempted to hold in hopes that he turns things around and gets his starting role back soon. There certainly aren't any waiver wire guys with his upside...

On point.

1 hour ago, Eddy24 said:

Feels so good to move on from him. He's been a keeper of mine for three years. Used him as a throw in for a package trade. I highly recommend doing the same. 

Problem with that is unless you are trying to trade with a newbie you may only get 10 cts on the dollar

Yeah, I am in a league with pretty smart people,therefore I didn't bother offering him, and just simply dropped him

44 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Problem with that is unless you are trying to trade with a newbie you may only get 10 cts on the dollar

that's why you make it so that the deal is not centered around him. He's the piece that helps bridge a perceived gap. Find the owners who are rebuilding and willing to take a low-risk chance on a young SP with some name value still. Then make a 3 for 2 type deal where Salazar is your 3rd piece, not the two main pieces. 

Edited by Eddy24
puncuation