urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

41 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

haha good luck with that. it's like trying to find a pinch of salt at a ski resort. 

some folks think it doesn't warrant all the hype. Personally? it's everything I could ever want in a beer. Perfection. 

but uh... about Bryce Harper. where does all the power come from? legs? arms? steely eyes? 

The hair.

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I will now be getting some Pliny the Elder ASAP as I have not yet had the honor. Maybe I should crack my first one on opening day watching Bryce as a first time owner this year, cheers.

Yum!  Up there with Zombie Dust as my favorite beer.

7 hours ago, frankhoward said:

The hair.

bryce-harper-hair-flip.gif?w=489&h=276

11 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

but uh... about Bryce Harper. where does all the power come from? legs? arms? steely eyes? 

Well, back in 2015 it was being called "over-rated" by his peers.

Edited by Gryfter

1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

Well, back in 2015 it was being called "over-rated" by his peers.

Which is the height of jealousy. His backside explosion is unreal. To the point he's had to dial it back a little to get some bat control back. His core strength is video game material

1 hour ago, WahooManiac said:

Which is the height of jealousy. His backside explosion is unreal. To the point he's had to dial it back a little to get some bat control back. His core strength is video game material

I watch pretty much every Nats game.He's keeping his head steady like he did in '15.He was uncoordinated looking(for him) last year.

1 hour ago, WahooManiac said:

Yikes...

3 minutes ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

Yikes...

The non diarrhea variety lol. 

I just took over a "rebuilding level" keeper team.

My first order of bidness was trading for Harper for a reasonable price.

Assuming he bats 3rd, behind Turner and Eaton, and can stay on the field, his counting stats could be ridiculous.

Took him 6th over Goldy. Wasn't planning on that at all just a few weeks ago, but the hype got to me. He burned me last year, but hey, I'll get on the bandwagon again.

I got him with the 15th pick overall.  Thrilled with that.  It's a daily ESPN H2H by categories.  I think he returns to near MVP level.

Oh boy! 

Gonna be real fun owning Harper and Stanton on the same team. I saw the rare opportunity owning both on the same team so I pulled the trigger on Harper and overpaid a tad on Stanton. Next year if both are healthy, there's a 0% chance of that happening again

1 minute ago, ZeroCool22 said:

Oh boy! 

Gonna be real fun owning Harper and Stanton on the same team. I saw the rare opportunity owning both on the same team so I pulled the trigger on Harper and overpaid a tad on Stanton. Next year if both are healthy, there's a 0% chance of that happening again

I've owned Harper/Stanton on the same team for the past 43-4 years...it wasn't fun..

Well, 50% of time ti was cause Harper was great, but Stanton was always hurt. Shipped him off. 

12 minutes ago, KrunK said:

He's baaaaaaack....I hope

Lets not .... (well you know the words of Mr Wolf)  BTW he kills it on Opening Day, had a HR last year, one the year before that, and 2 in 2013.  

Just now, parrothead said:

Lets not .... (well you know the words of Mr Wolf)  BTW he kills it on Opening Day, had a HR last year, one the year before that, and 2 in 2013.  

I've had Harper in a dynasty league since before his call up, I'm aware lol.

Bryce just ordered some tater tots for lunch, beautiful.

ESPN is showing he hit another HR, second of the game. But, the score is 1-0 they're saying as well. Obviously that doesn't add up. Anyone watching the game know what's going on?

Edit: Nevermind, they just updated it. Figured he didn't hit another one but was just checking. ESPN just going crazy, as usual.

Edited by RedRaider27