urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

He started just as hot last year so lets not get too excited guys. 

He's not carrying over his funk/injury/voodoo curse from last year, so that's a definite plus.

10 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Good point, but...

debbie-downer.jpg

10 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Hot doesn't describe what he did last year in April. He looked like he was easily the best hitter in the game. Lets not forget the Cubs refused to pitch to him all series because he was God like In April..

The MLB is back on notice. 1 for 2 with a double and 3 walks. 

The preseason hate on this stud was just unreal. With Turner/Eaton hitting in front of him and Murphy behind. Barring health he will win NL MVP.

Edited by TTRA1N

So, Pedro was just breaking down how he would pitch to Harper and his holes and I don't think I have had heard a better explanation.

Pedro was pointing out how Harper sits back on his butt and loads up on the pitch inside so he is able to crush the ball because he is so aggressive. They showed a replay of Pedro vs Palmero and it looked exactly like Harper, as Pedro pointed out because they are similar hitters. He explained he would pitch the same exact way and I believe thats' how the league has figured out how to pitch to Harper, it takes a few games every year, but they notice he can't hit the outside opposite field on outside pitches and is too aggressive to lay off the pitch. (Yes, I understand his OBP is amazing, but I'm trying to point out something specific)

Btw, I am one of the biggest Harper homers out there.

But anyways, when his butt drops he to load up he isn't able to hit anything back door or low and away on the black. From watching all Harpers at bats its literally the perfect explanation.

I wonder if he needs to make an adjustment to his swing or he just needs to load up less or what. Looks like what people have been doing the past couple games after refusing to pitch him inside again. I hope he does because the potential is just so amazing. 

Edited by S1mcity

9 minutes ago, S1mcity said:

So, Pedro was just breaking down how he would pitch to Harper and his holes and I don't think I have had heard a better explanation.

Pedro was pointing out how Harper sits back on his butt and loads up on the pitch inside so he is able to crush the ball because he is so aggressive. They showed a replay of Pedro vs Palmero and it looked exactly like Harper, as Pedro pointed out because they are similar hitters. He explained he would pitch the same exact way and I believe thats' how the league has figured out how to pitch to Harper, it takes a few games every year, but they notice he can't hit the outside opposite field on outside pitches and is too aggressive to lay off the pitch. (Yes, I understand his OBP is amazing, but I'm trying to point out something specific)

Btw, I am one of the biggest Harper homers out there.

But anyways, when his butt drops he to load up he isn't able to hit anything back door or low and away on the black. From watching all Harpers at bats its literally the perfect explanation.

I wonder if he needs to make an adjustment to his swing or he just needs to load up less or what. Looks like what people have been doing the past couple games after refusing to pitch him inside again. I hope he does because the potential is just so amazing. 

The Phillies 7th inning man just literally did exactly what Pedro said to do to pitch him. Pitched him on the outside and tried to back door and nibble. If the nibbling doesn't work, just walk him and take it. (Which happened and couldnt throw a strike because Phillies). The league is figuring him out and he needs to adjust.

19 minutes ago, S1mcity said:

The Phillies 7th inning man just literally did exactly what Pedro said to do to pitch him. Pitched him on the outside and tried to back door and nibble. If the nibbling doesn't work, just walk him and take it. (Which happened and couldnt throw a strike because Phillies). The league is figuring him out and he needs to adjust.

You realize this is how most pitchers go at all elite sluggers? Not just Harper

23 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

You realize this is how most pitchers go at all elite sluggers? Not just Harper

Not to mention that those elite hitters then adjust... then the pitchers adjust... then the hitters... etc etc etc. A few seasons ago Trout couldn't hit anything in a certain spot (I think it was inside and top? could be mistaken). Well the next season he crushed that spot.

1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

I think he surpasses his MVP numbers couple years ago this season and gets another one.

I said the same thing but it was deleted for some reason. I agree. Loving his protection thus year.

Is it just me, or does it seem like he's always destroyed Philly pitching?

27 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

I said the same thing but it was deleted for some reason. I agree. Loving his protection thus year.

I feel like he got a chip on his shoulder because some folks thought he didn't deserve MVP which I admit i was one of them. Also for the "down" year he had last year.

1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

I feel like he got a chip on his shoulder because some folks thought he didn't deserve MVP which I admit i was one of them. Also for the "down" year he had last year.

How didn't he deserve the MVP?