urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

25 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

In the face?

Lmfao

Why do you keep saying "in the face" in post after post. Nobody got hit in the face. Either guy could have been hit in the face.

In the face

8 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I may be confusing sports but my understanding is you can play through an appeal

if he appeals he can play through .... he might just take the suspension and not appeal

It would be dumb to throw at him first pitch with Samardzija. Now if they start the game with some scrub from the bullpen and hit him first pitch then ok. That makes a little sense.

before the first pitch is thrown ...both teams will be warned and the pitcher will be tossed no matter

I hope he sends the first pitch that he sees into the effing bleachers.  Of course that would probably only escalate the situation, but it would make for some great baseball.

32 minutes ago, Stubudd said:

Lmfao

Why do you keep saying "in the face" in post after post. Nobody got hit in the face. Either guy could have been hit in the face.

In the face

Image result for in the face the hangover

5 hours ago, jdbob11 said:

Played for many years.  I know what its like to be hit by a pitch.  Im definitely choosing that over letting someone strike me in the face with anything. 

Tell you what, I'll line up to have Bryce Harper throw his helmet at me, and you line up to have Hunter Strickland throw a baseball at you.

After I easily deflect or dodge Harper's helmet, he & I will grab you a beer for when you come to.

How about this:

Would you rather get hit in the face by a 98mph fastball or by a batting helmet?

Would you rather get hit on the hip by a 98mph fastball or by a batting helmet?

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Tell you what, I'll line up to have Bryce Harper throw his helmet at me, and you line up to have Hunter Strickland throw a baseball at you.

After I easily deflect or dodge Harper's helmet, he & I will grab you a beer for when you come to.

Careful; you're not supposed to drink with a concussion

Ok, let me break it down as simply as possible.  Harper's INTENT was to throw his helmet and strike Strickland in the face.  Had the helmet not slipped out of his hand the helmet would have struck Strickland on or about his facial area.  Which could have resulted in any number of injuries, broken nose, fractured eye socket etc.  Therefore because he took his helmet to the mound with the INTENT to strike Strickland in the face he will have games added on to his suspension that would not have been added otherwise.  

Also the probability of dodging an object thrown at your face at a high velocity when the person throwing it is 4 feet or less form you is highly unlikely. 

Edited by jdbob11

But the intent and the actual events did not pan out. Would an alleged killer who tried to kill his victim and failed with the victim not being harmed face the same penalty as if he succeeded in his attempt?

16 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

But the intent and the actual events did not pan out. Would an alleged killer who tried to kill his victim and failed with the victim not being harmed face the same penalty as if he succeeded in his attempt?

Absolutely not, the killer is charged with attempted murder instead of murder but he is still punished.  As Harper will be.  His owners better hit their knees and rejoice that helmet didnt hit its intended target or you might not see him for 35 games. 

Edited by jdbob11

4 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Absolutely not, but he is still punished.  As Harper will be.  His owners better hit their knees and rejoice that helmet didnt hit its intended target or you might not see him for 35 games. 

Don't be ridiculous. Show me one incidence of anyone being suspended for 35 games (not PED related). And there have been some ugly brawls. Cueto kicked a dude in the face with his cleats, clearly intentionally, and got 7 games. 

I mean, don't just make stuff up. You look silly.

36 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Ok, let me break it down as simply as possible.  Harper's INTENT was to throw his helmet and strike Strickland in the face.  Had the helmet not slipped out of his hand the helmet would have struck Strickland on or about his facial area.  Which could have resulted in any number of injuries, broken nose, fractured eye socket etc.  Therefore because he took his helmet to the mound with the INTENT to strike Strickland in the face he will have games added on to his suspension that would not have been added otherwise.  

Also the probability of dodging an object thrown at your face at a high velocity when the person throwing it is 4 feet or less form you is highly unlikely. 

This whole angle you're pursuing is very odd.

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Don't be ridiculous. Show me one incidence of anyone being suspended for 35 games (not PED related). And there have been some ugly brawls. Cueto kicked a dude in the face with his cleats, clearly intentionally, and got 7 games. 

I mean, don't just make stuff up. You look silly.

Find me incidents where a player actually struck someone with equipment, it doesnt happen, but if it ever did there is going to be a HEAVY suspension and he came close to it.  The only thing I can remember in recent history is that guy who used his hockey stock as a weapon and that was a lengthy time gone. 

Guys you can't prove intent to begin with.  Bryce can argue that he was simply trying to remove the helmet to fight Strickland and he will win

In hockey Todd Bertuzzi who was really good at the time ended a guys career in a brutal assault.  Nowhere near that level here

The dude might have actually hit Joe Panik with the helmet, but you're certain you can determine a 10 inch radius of where he was aiming?

I'm not a huge Harper fan but I don't blame him for chucking his helmet at Strickland if that's what he indeed was trying to do (we'll just assume it was a piss poor throw so we don't get bogged down with seventeen pages of intent). Pitchers get to throw at batters with little to no consequences outside of a missed start or two. I bet you'd see less of it if they knew they were getting a ball/helmet/bat flying their way in return.

4 hours ago, jdbob11 said:

I never knew that people would choose a hit to the face over the hip, with any object.  Interesting. I bet Stanton would choose the hip.  

Harper was just trying to hit him in the hip with the helmet. Pretty harmless I'd say, nothing to get upset about. 

11 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Find me incidents where a player actually struck someone with equipment, it doesnt happen, but if it ever did there is going to be a HEAVY suspension and he came close to it.  The only thing I can remember in recent history is that guy who used his hockey stock as a weapon and that was a lengthy time gone. 

Cleats aren't equipment? Those metal spikes on the bottom aren't dangerous?

And the Pedro incident that someone else posted. 8 games.

Get serious with 35 games ??

Just now, mmcc1029 said:

Is he playing tonight? When will suspension be announced? 

There's a union. They appeal suspensions. He'll play tonight.

17 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

A baseball is equipment?  Previously mentioned incident: Cueto's cleat is equipment?