urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

12 minutes ago, joeg414 said:

that has to start tonight , correct ?

Will be back on Sunday

6 hours ago, shakestreet said:

same thing different year from @EmbargoLifted.... the defender of the mega-star. The one that will stick by his man.

lets not forget the Andrew McCutchen & Bryce Harper 2016 threads ....

consistency is the key for us in fantasy. I get frustrated when I click on the last 15 days and see one of my players mired in a deep slump. It doesn't matter if the guy is a first or tenth round pick. I want production the more the better. 

you have a good day

You mean in H2H. End of the season stats is the key to roto. If you play in a league where a guy hits 3 HR one week and you instead wish they were spread out because those don't count the other 2 weeks when he doesn't, that sounds like a you problem, not a Bryce problem. 

8 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

Is today, Saturday, the last day of Harper's suspension? 

Yes, should be back tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

First SB of the season 

He was darn near 1/2 way to 2B with the 1B not holding him on... Turner on 2B getting all the attention... double steal. (I could see this happening often, surprised it took this long honestly.)

Edited by LarryChip10

5 minutes ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

2-20 slump.

God damn Hunter Strickland

To be fair he was slumping before that. His average has dropped like a rock since around the middle of May. Do we think this is going to go like 2016 or just some regression from a .400 avg?

Harper has always been streaky.

Feels like I fell for it again with Bryce. Has his usual supernova start to begin the year and now back to some pretty pedestrian numbers over the last month+. Hitting .256 w/ an .822 OPS, 5HR over the last 30 days. I don't think it's related to his groin either. He had those 3 additional days off to heal from his suspension and he's stolen a couple bases recently. I wish he could maintain whatever mentality he has to start a season because he's the best hitter in baseball when he's got that going. Too inconsistent to be a top 5 player.

Post-big-payday regression?

Edited by borindia

On 6/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, whitekenyan24 said:

Feels like I fell for it again with Bryce. Has his usual supernova start to begin the year and now back to some pretty pedestrian numbers over the last month+. Hitting .256 w/ an .822 OPS, 5HR over the last 30 days. I don't think it's related to his groin either. He had those 3 additional days off to heal from his suspension and he's stolen a couple bases recently. I wish he could maintain whatever mentality he has to start a season because he's the best hitter in baseball when he's got that going. Too inconsistent to be a top 5 player.

He's on pace for 42/124/.311/.417/.598/1.016

Yeah, some of that is frontloaded, but there is no reason to think he can't get hot again in July or August

31 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

He's on pace for 42/124/.311/.417/.598/1.016

Yeah, some of that is frontloaded, but there is no reason to think he can't get hot again in July or August

Agreed. As long as he stays on the field he will likely crush for a long streak soon enough

I pay almost no attention to him in either roto or h2h. You should really spend your time thinking about guys who you -might- consider benching and/or dropping. Guys like Harper are just never touched unless it's an off day.

57 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

I appreciate him and many stars more in roto. 

If you play h2h it can get frustrating only because you care about current week stats 

But this is ridiculous. Literally no one in baseball is consistent week to week. It's a game of highs and lows. You (not you literally) want to play H2H because roto's "booorrriiing," then cool. All you. But to sit here and whine about the #11 player in all of baseball because he didn't hit HRs in the weeks you needed him makes you look foolish. 

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

But this is ridiculous. Literally no one in baseball is consistent week to week. It's a game of highs and lows. You (not you literally) want to play H2H because roto's "booorrriiing," then cool. All you. But to sit here and whine about the #11 player in all of baseball because he didn't hit HRs in the weeks you needed him makes you look foolish. 

Well I agree with you regarding people bashing Harper but in H2H I most likely wouldn't draft him unless he fell in the draft which wouldn't happen. I do believe some players are more consistent for roto.

Which is funny because I got Harper in H2H but it's a keeper. 

I should be posting in roto versus H2H but some players carry more value pending which style you play 100% not directed at you but some people here need to research before they hit " draft " then bitch and moan all season

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

I pay almost no attention to him in either roto or h2h. You should really spend your time thinking about guys who you -might- consider benching and/or dropping. Guys like Harper are just never touched unless it's an off day.

He is a top player in any style/format but I think his value is greater in roto then H2H 

The best thing about fantasy baseball is when you see the team of your best player scored 18 runs and, with great excitement, you check the box score only to see said player has nary a run or RBI. 

Edited by IceGoat

He's still been great overall but worth pointing out:

April: .391/.509/.772/1.281 OPS

May: .256/.351/.524/.875 OPS

June: .263/.360/.434/.794 OPS