urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

I'm confused. You are saying Bryce is far better than Trout? Because Arod was far better than Jeter...

i was talking more about likeabilty 

The pitch was clearly low. Obviously it's never good to get tossed. But calling a ball down by the ankles for a strike is a lot to ask someone to swallow.

49 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

The pitch was clearly low. Obviously it's never good to get tossed. But calling a ball down by the ankles for a strike is a lot to ask someone to swallow.

Pitch-track had both in the strike zone.

watch the replay. it's definitely low. If the catcher had let the ball go, it would have hit him in the foot.

I find that the computers are just as bad as the umps with the high-low strike. Maybe even worse. At least the umps try to adjust based on the hitter. I've seen some computers that seem to just use the same square for Aaron Judge as they do Jose Altuve. The inside/outside zone is where the computers seem perfect though.

Edited by Fiveohnine

Kept his hitting streak alive. Don't really care that he got tossed. His fiery attitude is part of what makes him such a beast.

This thread was better when posters were panicking over a 10 game slump in May. Haven't seen those guys in a while. Probably because they traded Harper for Thames and Nova. 

2 of my 6 hitters were benched today. Bryce be all like no worries I got you bro :P

The guy I am in a fight with for the final playoff spot has Harper.  When I saw the match up this morning I knew I was in big trouble.

Ugh he hurt his arm in the 9th throwing ro second during game 1 today. 

53 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Ugh he hurt his arm in the 9th throwing ro second during game 1 today. 

He wouldn't be playing regardless 

19 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

He wouldn't be playing regardless 

It doesn't matter to me if he played the second game or not. I just hope he doesn't miss games after today.

11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

It doesn't matter to me if he played the second game or not. I just hope he doesn't miss games after today.

I saw that too. He is the king of playing through something that doesn't require a DL, but throws off his swing just enough to slump at the plate. Dusty should give him Monday off too and let him heal on the beach in Miami. 

12 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Pinch hit in the night cap. He's probably fine.

He hit a grounder to second base and didn't run it out.  He went a quarter of way to first and then ran to the dugout.

Edited by gordonsolie
misspell

1 minute ago, gordonsolie said:

He hit a grounder to second base and didn't run it out.  He went a quarter of way to first and then ran to the dugout.

And? It was his arm that he hurt. 

1 minute ago, gordonsolie said:

Well it's a good thing that Matt F Williams isn't his manager anymore. Otherwise he'd be running foul poles until he puked today.