urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

I'd give it a 75% chance he's done for the year, with a long road to recovery ahead. That's as a very optimistic Harper owner, that was relying on him for my H2H playoffs. Realistically I'd be shocked if he had another AB until next year. 

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Keep in mind I believe it was last season everyone thought Carlos carrasco died covering first base.  Ended up being fairly minor.  Hopefully Bryce has similar luck.  

True. Let's hope for a hyperextended knee/sprain type scenario. 

I'm not a knee expert whatsoever butisnt it a good sign that his knee didnt twist to either direction. Seems like a lot of tears occur when the knee twists, as opposed to here where it just kind of locked up and is more of a hyperextension..

1 minute ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Torn ACL with broken ankle ....medical doctor here that isn't an injury to be optimistic about... watch the replay (not minor by any means)

Lol shows what I know, basically said the opposite 

10 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

I don't own him - but that was one of those injuries that makes you want to throw up...hoping it doesn't alter his career...

I dont see how it would. This would put to end his running which is ok.

Get well Bryce.

This year's been sheer devastation for baseball. Fkn Padres can win the World Series and the big story would still be injuries.

7 minutes ago, Mcova23 said:

14xnn0k.jpg

Sadly not being able to weight on your leg is almost always a ligament tear. I just hope the damage isnt too extensive.

Dammit, what a comeback year from Bryce, people said I was an idiot for drafting him with my 6th overall pick, one hell of a way to go. I think it's safe to say the Nationals are going to flop without the NL MVP out there. I had no doubt in you man. Come back next year and keep showing all these doubters up. A sorrowful goodbye from my roster. Get well soon Bryce. 

ok if you own bryce and you want to win your league.. WTF do you do? thinking about trading the rest of my hitting and loading up on all pitchers for playoffs 

3 minutes ago, mikejohn said:

ok if you own bryce and you want to win your league.. WTF do you do? thinking about trading the rest of my hitting and loading up on all pitchers for playoffs 

Rush 2112 would not approve of this approach

1 minute ago, mikejohn said:

Head to head is so variable. The purpose of the big names is to get you this far. When it comes down to any one week, anyone can go off. Do research on which team will be facing a terrible batch of pitchers or be in Coors for each week and piece it together.  Find a lefty killer who faces a bunch of lefties, etc.   I have been doing that a bit and this week selected Eddie Rosario, and he has been amazing (I only mention this because maybe he can even be a full set replacement? I'm sure he is available)

2 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Head to head is so variable. The purpose of the big names is to get you this far. When it comes down to any one week, anyone can go off. Do research on which team will be facing a terrible batch of pitchers or be in Coors for each week and piece it together.  Find a lefty killer who faces a bunch of lefties, etc.   I have been doing that a bit and this week selected Eddie Rosario, and he has been amazing (I only mention this because maybe he can even be a full set replacement? I'm sure he is available)

Yup.  The odds of no Bryce Harper causing you to lose in a week long head to head is fairly small if you search for a good replacement. If you are in a race for a playoff spot then yea it's a brutal loss.

8 minutes ago, mikejohn said:

Hope he comes back in a couple weeks, becomes the legend, goes into the hall of fame having the best career of any major leaguer ever, that's who this guy is. Mark my words. He's a fighter. Get well soon Bryce.

16 minutes ago, mikejohn said:

if Michael Taylor is available could be good.

It's gotta be the city.  Washington DC must be baaaaaaaaad swamp mojo lol