urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

Just now, mikejohn said:

i pray that this is just a hyper extension, missing 1 week

He'd still miss more time than that IMO. That was a pretty violent hyperextension. If he avoided any significant ligament damage, we're still likely talking about a multiple week absence.

Hey everyone. Make sure to take Bench Coach questions to the bench coach area (what do I do, who do I drop etc...) and take the vents to the vent area. If you own him I understand a little venting in here so I'm not going to be crazy about hiding stuff, but if it becomes 5 pages of darn it all, then... well you know the drill. 

Could be hyperextension which isnt that bad. I've had it and it feels terrible at the time, but then it gets better. It's wishful thinking but its possible.

45 minutes ago, mikejohn said:

ok if you own bryce and you want to win your league.. WTF do you do? thinking about trading the rest of my hitting and loading up on all pitchers for playoffs 

Pick up Ronald Acuna and pray for a miracle.  

1 minute ago, BackwardsKRay said:

Pick up Ronald Acuna and pray for a miracle.  

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing...

I'm not a doctor - but that doesn't look all that bad to me. He'll miss time for sure - but it doesn't look like anything long term. Trainer probably told him not to put any weight on it.

3 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

I'm not a doctor - but that doesn't look all that bad to me. He'll miss time for sure - but it doesn't look like anything long term. Trainer probably told him not to put any weight on it.

You're joking right?

This Nationals team must be cursed or something. Eaton, Turner, Taylor, Strasburg, Harper...

Dont recall this many injuries to this many stars on the same team.

And we haven't even gotten to the Zimmerman injury yet.

1 hour ago, davidlight said:

Could be hyperextension which isnt that bad. I've had it and it feels terrible at the time, but then it gets better. It's wishful thinking but its possible.

I had a pretty bad hyperextension in high school, and it took a few weeks before I could walk without a limp and several more weeks before I had no more pain. I didn't have MLB resources, but a bad hypext is tough to overcome. 

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

And we haven't even gotten to the Zimmerman injury yet.

I was hoping no one would mention his name...

He most likely would not be walking on it if there were any tears in his knee. A hyperextended knee can take 2-4 weeks to heal if there are no ligament or cartilage tears.

Lol this Jamal guy's reports are 10x better than the rest of the Internet. Half expect to wake up in the morning with a "Harper took a Tylenol, good to play tonight" update.

I had that kind of injury a few years ago. My knee moved 99% similar. Initial diagnosis was ACL tear. Long story short - all kinds of knee ligaments strains, no tear.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He most likely would not be walking on it if there were any tears in his knee.

Jordy Nelson says hi. He jogged off the field without assistance after he tore his ACL.

Edited by Carlos Correa