Rotoworld.com Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the video I wonder if his helmet flying off his head had anything to do with it.  It's almost like he couldn't see as well where he was going, combined with the fact that he was running at full speed and it was wet.  Ultimately it really doesnt matter much because thats the way Bryce plays but just an observation.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I'm sure there have been others as well. Doesn't make it the norm, Carlos Correa. Get off the boards, you need to rehab that thumb.

Actually, it is the norm. You can walk on ACL tears, especially athletes with highly muscularly-developed legs. Now, I still agree with what you said because Harper probably would have been on crutches exiting the stadium as a precaution rather than walking out. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Actually, it is the norm. You can walk on ACL tears, especially athletes with highly muscularly-developed legs. Now, I still agree with what you said because Harper probably would have been on crutches exiting the stadium as a precaution rather than walking out. 

My understanding is they can't diagnose acl tears without an MRI but they can certainly test for stability.... would have had him on crutches is they felt instability....that's why my money and my Hope is it's hyperextension and he's out for a few weeks

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

This Nationals team must be cursed or something. Eaton, Turner, Taylor, Strasburg, Harper...

Dont recall this many injuries to this many stars on the same team.

Mariners have had it pretty bad this year. Smyly, Iwakuma, Felix x2, Paxton x2, Phelps. Ms have had 15 total starting pitchers this year, the fact that they are even mentioned in the wild card race is absurd. Starting rotation right now conisists of Miranda, Gallardo, Erasmo Ramirez and marco gonzales...pathetic.

Throw in various DL stints from Haniger x2, Segura x2, Cano and a banged up Cruz.

12 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

It's mid August.  If his knee is shot, you have to start worrying about him missing time next year too

Yeah, that's all I am really caring about at this point. He's my prime keeper and this injury could sap alot of his value moving forward. 

I think there will be positive news..I ve seen many ACL tears in my life when on football field..his knee seemed pretty stable during that "fly" and the fact that it was more of a slide (his ankle took much of the pressure off his knee after that slide) makes me feel good about that. Again - just my two cents based on my experience.

I think no matter what he's done for fantasy purposes this year (sigh), but I think it's possible he's in the lineup for the NLDS. You hate to see an excellent team get bounced early in the playoffs because their best players aren't out there.