Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LarryChip10 said:

In high school, I took a charge from a center trying to go coast to coast... his knee (being 6' 7"+ vs. my 5' 10") hit me square in the quad. I had a severe bone bruise on my femur. It felt like being hit w/ a sledgehammer, and bottom line I literally couldn't walk for almost 3 weeks. Electro stimulation and anti inflammatory meds were all the doctor could do. 

 

Im not saying this is apples to apples, but I'd be shocked if this isn't a month minimum. (All things considered, it's great news!) 

I would say 6 weeks at least..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple months ago I saw Jean Segura come back from a high ankle sprain after about the minimum. This astounded me as I personally had the same injury many many years ago and can still feel it.

All that to say, these guys are major leaguers for a reason. Not only are they top athletes, they also have the best medical treatment money can buy. So it's not necessarily wise to gauge their recovery times based on those of us mere mortals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cad300 said:

For those in re-drafts I guess it doesn't matter either way, but us in keepers are breathing a huge sigh of relief, even though I know my playoff hopes are dashed without him 

 

It puts us in a weird situation sell low at 75% of value? Try to get a solid top 30-50 young keeper plus depth and keep pushing? 

 

Ah 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

A couple months ago I saw Jean Segura come back from a high ankle sprain after about the minimum. This astounded me as I personally had the same injury many many years ago and can still feel it.

All that to say, these guys are major leaguers for a reason. Not only are they top athletes, they also have the best medical treatment money can buy. So it's not necessarily wise to gauge their recovery times based on those of us mere mortals.

 

To counter that, no injury is the same for every person. Also, some people's bodies react differently to injury and pain than others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

What is everyone doing with him? 

 

Say 4-6 weeks...moving him to try and win this year if your in that situation? Hold anyway. 

 

What about keeper? Don't want to talk too much bench forum just in general, I know the trade offers must be coming in like crazy for others as well 

I can't see anybody trading for Harper in any redraft league.... how the hell can you trade him? 

 

In keeper leagues yes you should/might get some trade offers... but it is up to you on what might be a good trade offer

 

4 minutes ago, pittsports87 said:

Has anyone else spent the last hour or so researching bone bruises or is it just me?

NO ... why bother

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Torn ACL with broken ankle .... medical doctor here that isn't an injury to be optimistic about... watch the replay (not minor by any means)

I wouldn't suggest going to this medical doctor. 

Patient- "Doc, I got a cough."

Silverdome- "This isn't something to be optimistic about. Sounds like quadruple bypass heart surgery. Let's prep you now!"

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I wouldn't suggest going to this medical doctor. 

Patient- "Doc, I got a cough."

Silverdome- "This isn't something to be optimistic about. Sounds like quadruple bypass heart surgery. Let's prep you now!"

 

 

I doubt any real doctor would rush to such a judgement so my money is on some clown on the internet calling himself a doctor.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I wouldn't suggest going to this medical doctor. 

Patient- "Doc, I got a cough."

Silverdome- "This isn't something to be optimistic about. Sounds like quadruple bypass heart surgery. Let's prep you now!"

 

 

Been wrong twice now - Prince's Overdose now B Harps bone bruise #fake news 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

I doubt any real doctor would rush to such a judgement so my money is on some clown on the internet calling himself a doctor.  

What do you mean, real doctors don't make career altering diagnoses by watching a 10 second clip on the internet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I wouldn't suggest going to this medical doctor. 

Patient- "Doc, I got a cough."

Silverdome- "This isn't something to be optimistic about. Sounds like quadruple bypass heart surgery. Let's prep you now!"

 

 

 

images-2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...