Rotoworld.com Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Something tells me the Nats will shut him down for the rest of the regular season if he does indeed recover so he can be fully 100% for the postseason.

Makes sense.

13 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Knowing Dusty, probably can count on that.

???

Knowing Dusty, probably you can count on the opposite.

2 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

CBS is pretty optimistic seeing how they removed his DL tag and have a full week of stats projected for next week. Lol

IDK how CBS works but on ESPN if you have a non-DL guy in your DL spot, you can't make any roster moves.  Meaning this would be a HUGE f-up on their part, especially in these very crucial weeks where teams are fighting for the playoffs.  Wow.

Anyone have a slight clue when he might be back in MLB lineup?

I have to decide whether to hold or drop in redraft (auction) and could really use the cap space to pick up someone else. Or just pick up a $1 player like M. Taylor, Hicks, etc...and wait for Bryce in the next 2-3 weeks.

27 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Any news yet? Seems odd that we don't have any sort of updates on one of the best young players in MLB.

No official statements from Harper or the team have come out. A nationals beat reporter said this on August 21st :

"Harper (left knee) is traveling with the team, although he has not been cleared to participate in baseball activities or do much. He was still walking with a limp."

Edited by hangin n wangin
3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Drop in redraft or hope he actually plays before playoffs and contributes enough?

I'm not going to drop him, but I doubt he comes back in time for the start of my playoffs. He may come back in the later playoff rounds, which make him worth the hold.

I mean, he's still limping. It's 8/22.

Let's say aggressively that he resumes baseball activities in 10 days..by the time he ramps up and is ready to play again in MLB, that may be 9/12-9/18 if we're lucky? And then has to shake the rust off.

Man I'm really struggling to hold, especially in auction league with no cap space on my roster to pick someone else up for more than $1....

I'm trying to hold onto 2nd place in big money league.

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I mean, he's still limping. It's 8/22.

Let's say aggressively that he resumes baseball activities in 10 days..by the time he ramps up and is ready to play again in MLB, that may be 9/12-9/18 if we're lucky? And then has to shake the rust off.

Man I'm really struggling to hold, especially in auction league with no cap space on my roster to pick someone else up for more than $1....

I'm trying to hold onto 2nd place in big money league.

It depends on the situation, obviously. Yours is a lot different than mine. Mine isn't an auction league and I have a DL slot to put him in, so he doesn't hurt me. 

19 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm not going to drop him, but I doubt he comes back in time for the start of my playoffs. He may come back in the later playoff rounds, which make him worth the hold.

Yeah I'm holding in the off chance I make the championship and he comes back.