Rotoworld.com Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.masnsports.com/byron-kerr/2017/08/updates-on-scherzer-madson-harper-werth-and-turner.html

Baker noticed progress for right fielder Bryce Harper and his hyperextended left knee.

“He’s not limping as badly,” Baker said. “But a bone bruise is not like a muscle. It takes longer. He’s been drinking a lot of milk, calcium, and magnesium and potassium. He said he was doing all of the above to get that thing right. I’m not going to ask him every day. How much can you heal from one day to the next? But who knows? He’s kind of a miracle man, so we’ll see.”

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh, finally becoming resigned to the fact that Bryce probably won't be coming back to save my season.  One more push, for Bryce - "Remember the Alamo!"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2732497-how-bryce-harper-never-coming-back-in-2017-would-shake-up-postseason.amp.html

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/bryce-harper-jogging-on-anti-gravity-treadmill/

This season has been such a disaster for my keepers and draft picks. Literally rolling with goldie and all WW bats right now. Sure would be nice to have Bryce, Cespedes, Beltre, etc at my disposal...

At least Bryce looks like the same old MVP monster he was two years ago, gonna be a fun ride in my keeper with him.

5 hrs ago
Nationals' Bryce Harper: Has been hitting off tee and running

by RotoWire Staff
Harper (knee) has advanced to soft toss and hitting off a tee in recent days and is participating in "some light running" prior to Wednesday's game against the Braves, Chelsea Janes of The Washington Post reports.

Harper continues to progress from a knee injury that has sidelined him since mid-August. It's a positive sign that Harper has been able to expand his exercises, but it appears as though he still has a little ways to go before getting back on the field. A better sense of a timetable should develop for Harper's return once he's cleared to take live batting practice.

23 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Still holding in hope he comes back the final couple weeks. 

Is that dumb? I can handle the truth.

Well, I have him on DL and I got 2 more weeks left after this week ends. If you got him on DL it's nbd but if he's just on your bench.. Yeah I think it's kinda dumb unless its a keeper league. But if it's H2H PO, I'd consider droppin for a hot bat that can help you win now.

Edited by fingy
36 minutes ago, fingy said:

Well, I have him on DL and I got 2 more weeks left after this week ends. If you got him on DL it's nbd but if he's just on your bench.. Yeah I think it's kinda dumb unless its a keeper league. But if it's H2H PO, I'd consider droppin for a hot bat that can help you win now.

I have him DL too and have a bye this week so either of the next two weeks willing to wait. But the reports on him have been pretty negative in that respect.