urban2014

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

Looks like hes comin back next week. Are people starting him? Im just cautious that he may have some rust to shake off and its the final week for us fantasy players. But then again,  how can one not start Bryce.. :S

Bench him he'll hit 4 HR and stuff the stat sheet. Start him and he'll be rusty. Might only play 3-4 games next week too. Tough choice in weekly. 

Even if it means sitting Jay Bruce or something, you're playing Harper in just about any format. But for most people it's a much easier decision than that.

Weekly is always kinda different. I'd wait until Sunday after he's done working out all weekend. But it sounds like they're going to bring him back for the whole week.

Edited by Fiveohnine

I saw a report yesterday about a potential weekend return. I'm not getting my hopes up.

9/21:Bryce Harper flew with the team to New York for their upcoming series and may be activated this weekend. The all-star outfielder has been out with a bruised knee but has ramped up his baseball activities this past week. He'll hit on the field on Saturday and the team will make a determination after. With only one week left in some fantasy playoffs, a thumbs up or down for Harper in the final week could make the difference for some owners.--Mario Hernandez - RotoBaller

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

He's being activated Monday. Will he play?

I don’t see why he wouldn’t, they want to get him some at bats to get him in rhythm for the playoffs. 

To avoid temptation I may not even activate him till I have an SP to drop. Daily league

In a weekly, unless you think he can make a difference and with 7 games scheduled, with good matchups it would depend on your drop. Da*n now I am rethinking what I planned on doing in my daily.

Good luck with your decision.

!!!

Bryce Harper (knee, illness) is expected to return from the disabled list on Tuesday.

Harper was originally lined up to return on Monday, but plans changed due to an illness. He's already feeling better as of Tuesday afternoon, so all signs point to him being in the lineup. Harper has been out since mid-August with a bone bruise in his left knee, but the Nats are hoping to get some at-bats under his belt going into the postseason.
Sep 26 - 2:01 PM

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Carry me, please

He's out of game now :(

Man, he's been bad these last few days. It's a little close for me this weekend but I guess I'm going to leave him in there.

He's Bryce Harper. That's what I keep telling myself.