BostonCajun

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

Adams starting in LF to accommodate Freddie back at 1b. 

Think the Braves realized they weren't getting elite Freddie at that position and wisely changed course 

Edited by cad300

1 minute ago, cad300 said:

Adams starting in LF to accommodate Freddie back at 1b. 

Think the Braves realized they weren't getting elite Freddie at that position and wisely changed course 

Freeman has a bum shoulder.

Freddie Freeman is moving back to first base full-time.

Freeman's third base experiment has come to an end. With top prospect Ozzie Albies taking over at second base, Atlanta's third base reps will now be split between Brandon Phillips and Johan Camargo. Matt Adams, who had been covering for Freeman at first, figures to play left field on a regular basis.

Aug 1 - 6:42 PM

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Freeman has a bum shoulder.

Any truth to this or are you just speculating?

watched the game, announcers commented, and it looked like he was rolling it when walking like you do to work out the kinks. So I guess really speculation by a couple of different opinions.

Just now, Low and Away said:

watched the game, announcers commented, and it looked like he was rolling it when walking like you do to work out the kinks. So I guess really speculation by a couple of different opinions.

Luckily it's pretty safe to say the Braves wouldn't jeopardize Freeman's career if he really did have a serious issue with his shoulder.  So hopefully if there is something wrong it is just temporary.

Just now, bomber0104 said:

suck it up and play.. didn't seem to bother him when he hit a HR

Huh?  He plays daily despite having a bad wrist right now. 

Wrist injuries are no joke.  It can take a year or more to regain full strength depending on the injury.  That is why his power has been down a lot since returning.

I wish Atlanta would give him some days off and not push him as much since their season is over at this point.  But he wants to play every day.  That is why it is important for the manager to step in and make sure his wrist isn't further damaged and he will be 100% for next season.  (And I'm starting playoffs next week with this guy as my 1B too but real health moving forward is more important than my fantasy team).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Wait what?? how is real health more important than our fantasy teams?????? cmon....its not like he has cancer....who cares about his real life wrist health! hahahaha unless you own him in a dynasty or keeper

On 9/3/2017 at 11:30 AM, David Aames said:

Wait what?? how is real health more important than our fantasy teams?????? cmon....its not like he has cancer....who cares about his real life wrist health! hahahaha unless you own him in a dynasty or keeper

I do own him in a dynasty and a number of other people in this thread do too.

And he is doing pretty damn well with that weak wrist of late.

3 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

I wonder what this guy could do with a healthy wrist... sheesh lol 

We've seen it: second half of last year into first half this year till his HBP.