BostonCajun

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

Still no respect for some reason.  I have had some horrible offers for him in my main dynasty league.

Suntrust was tailored for him.  Excited to see what he'll do when some of our young great hitters get the call (Albies and Acuna) I really don't think they're as far away to getting the call as people think.  

9 minutes ago, DMurphy77 said:

Suntrust was tailored for him.

Good to hear that. I can't help but recall some of the new parks in the past that, you could argue, hurt their young star tenants--David Wright/Citi Field, Joe Mauer/Target Field, etc

The steals are a nice surprise. 3 SB already after stealing a career high 6 bags all of last year.

This guy is reaching Trout levels of consistency, rarely has a bad day at the office

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Stud. He's going to be a first rounder next season.

I cant think of a single first baseman I'd take over him in a dynasty... he's surpassed Goldschmidt and Rizzo for me.  I read that in the past calendar year, he's the only player to have 40 homers and 40 doubles. Once the Braves get some better pieces in front of him, the RBIs will flow. 

11 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I cant think of a single first baseman I'd take over him in a dynasty... he's surpassed Goldschmidt and Rizzo for me.  I read that in the past calendar year, he's the only player to have 40 homers and 40 doubles. Once the Braves get some better pieces in front of him, the RBIs will flow. 

Rizzo>Freeman, but

Freeman on the Cubs>Rizzo on the Cubs

58 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

Rizzo>Freeman, but

Freeman on the Cubs>Rizzo on the Cubs

I'd love to see why anyone thinks this. The only things Rizzo is better than Freeman at is being famous and avoiding strike outs. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Freeman is better than Rizzo now. 

This. 

I'll spell it out this time. Rizzo is better than Freeman from a fantasy stand point because he plays in a much better lineup. That is all. Hell, I was higher on Freddie than most this year. Have him on a lot of teams, but that lineup is dog crap. 

This guy instantly became my favorite player. Took all of a month.

18 minutes ago, CFN said:

This guy instantly became my favorite player. Took all of a month.

If you owned him last year, his second half should've won you over. Guy was unreal. He isn't wasting any time this year thought. And, I love it. 

Runner up MVP to Bryce Harper.

I overpaid for him in 1 league - $40,  

Then in a second league he tops out at 24 - no Buzz! - Then I really have to hate my diversification rule.  (I never buy the same player in different leagues).

5 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

If you owned him last year, his second half should've won you over. Guy was unreal. He isn't wasting any time this year thought. And, I love it. 

I actually did.

But for some reason kind of forgot during the offseason and the first half of '16 gave me some uneasiness. But after all my draft prep I was back to being all over him. But I wasn't expecting him to be this good obviously.

I'll admit, I was dead wrong on this guy.  Thought he was just a younger version of current Adrian Gonzalez.

In my defense, that's what he WAS.  Certainly not what he IS though.

7 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

I'll spell it out this time. Rizzo is better than Freeman from a fantasy stand point because he plays in a much better lineup. That is all. Hell, I was higher on Freddie than most this year. Have him on a lot of teams, but that lineup is dog crap. 

Freeman ranked higher than Rizzo in fantasy last year, and so far it's setting up for the same thing this year. 

Regardless of what team they play for, Freeman is better than Rizzo in any format right now. 

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Freeman ranked higher than Rizzo in fantasy last year, and so far it's setting up for the same thing this year. 

Regardless of what team they play for, Freeman is better than Rizzo in any format right now. 

Probably comes down to Rizzo running again. If he rips 15-20 bags, I'll side w him and that lineup.  And, fwiw, I'm a Cardinal fan. 

6 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

Probably comes down to Rizzo running again. If he rips 15-20 bags, I'll side w him and that lineup.  And, fwiw, I'm a Cardinal fan. 

Looking like Freeman will rip 15-20 bags at this pace. Up to 4 SB now 

1 hour ago, CFN said:

Looking like Freeman will rip 15-20 bags at this pace. Up to 4 SB now 

I've been wrong before. 

Was just on his ESPN page and they have a projected stats column that just multiplies their current stats out to a 162 game pace. Freeman's numbers are just silly at this point – up there with Eric Thames' projected pace.

Screen_Shot_2017_04_30_at_12_22_31_PM.pn

56 HR and 28 SB. Somebody hold me.

Edited by CFN

Those RBIs just hurt to watch, only 13 with 8 HR :(