BostonCajun

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Man I was just rosterbating to him being on all my redraft teams this season and came across this, compared against other big top 10 preseason bats who are also having good seasons:

 

He has hit as many homers as Harper, and more than any other top 10 bats.

He is only behind Altuve and Trout for steals.

He is only behind Harper in AVG.

He is only behind Harper in OPS.

He is only behind Harper in Runs.

And he is outside the freakin top 50 in RBIs. LOL. goddamn braves.

 

All in all, I concluded that this dude should be a perennial top 10 pick in redrafts every season and that Harper is a fking beast this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

Man I was just rosterbating to him being on all my redraft teams this season and came across this, compared against other big top 10 preseason bats who are also having good seasons:

 

He has hit as many homers as Harper, and more than any other top 10 bats.

He is only behind Altuve and Trout for steals.

He is only behind Harper in AVG.

He is only behind Harper in OPS.

He is only behind Harper in Runs.

And he is outside the freakin top 50 in RBIs. LOL. goddamn braves.

 

All in all, I concluded that this dude should be a perennial top 10 pick in redrafts every season and that Harper is a fking beast this season.

 

 

The only real negative with Freeman is his K%. He was at 24.7% last season but has dropped to 15.8% so far this season. If he can stay at 20% or less for the rest of the season, I don't see him hitting any less than .315. But for the love of God, can he please hit with more runners on base?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

 

The only real negative with Freeman is his K%. He was at 24.7% last season but has dropped to 15.8% so far this season. If he can stay at 20% or less for the rest of the season, I don't see him hitting any less than .315. But for the love of God, can he please hit with more runners on base?!

 

I wouldn't worry about the RBI totals just yet. Last year he had 3 HR and 7 RBI at this point of the season.

 

At the end of May, he had 8 HR and 15 RBI on the season. FIFTEEN.

 

How many RBI did he finish the entire season with? 91. That's still a fairly respectable amount of RBIs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CFN said:

 

I wouldn't worry about the RBI totals just yet. Last year he had 3 HR and 7 RBI at this point of the season.

 

At the end of May, he had 8 HR and 15 RBI on the season. FIFTEEN.

 

How many RBI did he finish the entire season with? 91. That's still a fairly respectable amount of RBIs.

15 after two months is just insanely ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

 

 But for the love of God, can he please hit with more runners on base?!

 

He's raking with runners on base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

He's raking with runners on base.

Didn't say he wasn't. He hits when they ARE on base, the problem is there aren't runners on base very often thus far. I'm sure that will change as Inciarte heats up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They took Dansby out of the two spot, mercifully.  If they even put Brandon Phillips or move Markakis up there, it will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Didn't say he wasn't. He hits when they ARE on base, the problem is there aren't runners on base very often thus far. I'm sure that will change as Inciarte heats up. 

 

Misread your comment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Bowman‏ @mlbbowman  1m1 minute ago
Freeman now has 42 HRs over his past 162 games (14.63 AB/HR) and 35 HRs over his past 122 games (12.86 AB/HR).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be an awesome race for MVP between him and Harper. Freeman is a bonafide monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can he keep stealing bases at this rate? 

 

40/20 is in reach if he does. New ballpark seems perfect for him.

Edited by tootallball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, Pap said:

Those RBIs just hurt to watch, only 13 with 8 HR :(

I agree.  It will get better once Acuna and Albies are ready although I'm afraid that won't be till next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 2:02 AM, tootallball said:

Can he keep stealing bases at this rate? 

 

40/20 is in reach if he does. New ballpark seems perfect for him.

 

Am loving that he has taken to running but, realistically, I can't imagine him having any more than 10 bags.  Even if he does exceed 10, definitely wouldn't be anywhere near 20.  I'd love to be wrong though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snitker batting Adonis Garcia 2nd has to be one of the dumbest line up moves in all of baseball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To bad Swanson is sucking, he would be nice as #2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

absolute monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 1:02 AM, tootallball said:

Can he keep stealing bases at this rate? 

 

40/20 is in reach if he does. New ballpark seems perfect for him.

 

 

The new ballpark is perfect for him.  It was practically designed for him.

 

Freddie very likely will not steal 20 bases though, unfortunately.  I dont see the Braves allowing him to run that much.  10-12 SB's is most likely the absolute most he will ever get in a season if I had to guess.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Mid 1st rounder next year?

 

I have to think so. What's not to like? His lineup? Trout has the same problem.

 

He has developed into a pure hitter. Basically Joey Votto but more HRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

 

 

The new ballpark is perfect for him.  It was practically designed for him.

 

Freddie very likely will not steal 20 bases though, unfortunately.  I dont see the Braves allowing him to run that much.  10-12 SB's is most likely the absolute most he will ever get in a season if I had to guess.

 

 

 

 

Wow.. maybe I'm wrong.  They literally just let him run with two outs and Kemp up to bat.

Edited by Zig Zag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

 

 

Wow.. maybe I'm wrong.  They literally just let him run with two outs and Kemp up to bat.

 

Caught stealing 'cause he over-slid. Got to the base in plenty of time. The SB rate is exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.