BostonCajun

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

10 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I know it's past visitin' hours,

But can I please give him these flowers

/thread 

Some bones in the hand/wrist area are so small, and if there is lots of swelling, you won't see a break, such as a hairline fracture. Inconclusive tells me there is swelling and need a more detailed look of the hand/wrist area. Reason for a MRI.  Doctor could also request a MRI just to be safe than sorry, and there is no break, just bruised.

Edited by Z06vette

5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Some bones in the hand/wrist area are so small, and if there is lots of swelling, you won't see a break, such as a hairline fracture. Inconclusive tells me there is swelling and need a more detailed look of the hand/wrist area. Reason for a MRI.  Doctor could also request a MRI just to be safe than sorry, and there is no break, just bruised.

love the detailed analysis + optimistic attitude lol

O'Brien (beat writer) believes it may involve the pisiform bone directly above wrist - which is tiny and would be difficult to detect a fracture without a CT/MRI

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

His hamate is broken 

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

3 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

Fellas have a beer and watch MLB Network. Ain't $hit we can do but wait and hope for the best.

To make matters worse there is no Heidi Watney on MLB tonight now I am really depressed.

18 minutes ago, eaglefly1 said:

To make matters worse there is no Heidi Watney on MLB tonight now I am really depressed.

Kelly Nash is gorgeous. Nothing worse about her. Hubba bubba! Get well soon Freddie!

Jim Bowden who sometimes lies said he's learned that Freeman has a fracture and will be out months on Sirius xm

Sick to my stomach. Heyman reporting on Twitter that Braves are exploring outside options for 1B, as Freeman is expected to miss a significant amount of time.

I think we all knew he would miss a decent amount of time at this point. Lets just hope its around a month or less and not 2-3 months

3 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Sick to my stomach. Heyman reporting on Twitter that Braves are exploring outside options for 1B, as Freeman is expected to miss a significant amount of time.

Definitely not a great thing to hear but it honestly sounds like he is re-hashing the same news that we have already heard.   Obviously I'm still not confident in good news but I am going to hold my breath until we get an actual update.

The Braves aren't going to give up much for a first baseman.  They were expected to eventually fall out of the race and sell off pieces like Kemp.

Is there a chance that it's season ending?

3 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

yes, there is a chance

4 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Please don't go there. :(

5 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Would have a hard time thinking this is a 4 month injury. Typically a 6-8 week thing.