SpecialFNK

Kris Bryant 2017 Outlook

8th pick vs 4th-5th pick = later pick.  Could have worded it better, yeah.

Sooo youre saying Harper being picked 5-6 spots behind Bryant is irrelevant when Harper is on an MVP type campaign and the Harper owner got a better pick for his second round as well?  OK.

56 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Cubs hang 10 runs in 5 innings and of course Kris Bryant is the only one to strike out besides the pitcher.

BUT BUT BUT...check his stats at the end of the year!  Reigning MVP!  BUT BUT BUT

Dude is hot garbage and is the worst first round pick in recent memory.

Yellow card, for saying dumb things.

Wait, now after moving the goalposts from "worst first round pick" to "wort top 5 pick", the argument is about Bryce Harper?  Of course you can cherry-pick better values, but there's a reason you and I both picked Bryant when Harper was still on the board.

And Harper had some cold streaks last year that put Bryant's cold 20-ish game stretch to begin the season to shame.  Of all the guys to pick for the latest iteration of your flawed argument, you pick a guy who batted .200 in May and .176 in July last year.

You're just embarrassing yourself here.

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Wait, now after moving the goalposts from "worst first round pick" to "wort top 5 pick", the argument is about Bryce Harper?  Of course you can cherry-pick better values, but there's a reason you and I both picked Bryant when Harper was still on the board.

And Harper had some cold streaks last year that put Bryant's cold 20-ish game stretch to begin the season to shame.  Of all the guys to pick for the latest iteration of your flawed argument, you pick a guy who batted .200 in May and .176 in July last year.

You're just embarrassing yourself here.

You know what, you're right.  Frustration has gotten the best of me and I'm getting nowhere.  I apologize for the commotion.  

Best of luck to us Bryant owners ROS.

Cheers, mate.  I hope we can come back to this thread and celebrate him returning the top 5 value we were hoping for.

April 2016:  .289/4/15

April 2017:  .289/4/14

Crazy

On 4/24/2017 at 5:55 PM, DemOrioles said:

Cubs hang 10 runs in 5 innings and of course Kris Bryant is the only one to strike out besides the pitcher.

BUT BUT BUT...check his stats at the end of the year!  Reigning MVP!  BUT BUT BUT

Dude is hot garbage and is the worst first round pick in recent memory.

You said this in April?  Shhhhhh

did he just get hurt? not watching but just got a phone alert. someone please tell me it's minor! :(

He's "sick", stomach bug.  He'll probably miss the rest of the weekend knowing my luck.  

Maddon told reporters they felt the schedule has been unfair thus far.  I'm sure guys are milking the schedule for a day off.  

Anybody got an inside scoop as to whether or not Bryant suits up today?  I can't find an update....

41 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

Anybody got an inside scoop as to whether or not Bryant suits up today?  I can't find an update....

He is in the cage taking BP right now so that is a good sign... I think he's going to play today

4 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

He is in the cage taking BP right now so that is a good sign... I think he's going to play today

I love this board.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I love this board.

Thanks!

Bryant is OUT today 

7 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I love this board.

Thanks!

I hope whatever he ate was worth it. I can't remember a year where the flu or stomach illnesses had such an impact.

Edited by warningtrackpower
Spelling

I'm always paranoid when a player misses three days to a stomach bug.  Addiction? Cancer? Ron Mexico?  I need to relax :)

This is starting to get a little ridiculous. 

In the past 2 weeks, the only runs he's batted in have been himself.