SpecialFNK

Kris Bryant 2017 Outlook

Wait, it's not just irrelevant, it's total bull****.  His AVG in May and June were .267 and .221, not counting today.  What kind of math makes that average out to "around .200"?

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Yes, because it's irrelevant.

Well damn.  I had no idea that getting hits was irrelevant to the game of baseball!

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Wait, it's not just irrelevant, it's total bull****.  His AVG in May and June were .267 and .221, not counting today.  What kind of math makes that average out to "around .200"?

Espn has this nifty little thing called "last 30" you should check it out.  It shows .207 right now and has been around that number for 4 straight weeks when I look at it.  It hasn't cycled through 60 full days yet, hence the use of the word "nearly"

Edited by jdbob11

Just now, jdbob11 said:

Espn has this nifty little thing called "last 30" you should check it out.  It shows .207 right now and has been around that number for 4 straight weeks when I look at it.  

Math that I learned today:

1.  A month of .267 and a month of .221 can average out to "around .200"

2.  "30 days" is "almost two months".

Guess we will just all have to hope he comes out of this "little slump"

Edited by jdbob11

13 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

http://www.fangraphs.com/splitstool.aspx?playerid=15429&position=3B&splitArr=&strgroup=month&type=2&startDate=2017-4-24&endDate=2017-6-24&filter=

Just not seeing your numbers on average. Might be wrong but .220 doesn't look to be possible with the dates you chose

It's not.  I didnt notice it was PA's I was looking at.  His 2 month avg as of yesterday is .266, 7 week avg is .244 and 6 week avg is .225.  Unless he makes some major changes in the next two weeks those first couple April weeks contributing to the .266 will fall off and he will have a 2 month avg of .220 or less. 

Edited by jdbob11

42 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Math that I learned today:

1.  A month of .267 and a month of .221 can average out to "around .200"

2.  "30 days" is "almost two months".

Jdbob is one of those you just block. Not sure he's ever added anything of value anywhere. Look in any player or Gameday Thread and it's his personal vent thread. 

6 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

It's not.  I didnt notice it was PA's I was looking at.  His 2 month avg as of yesterday is .266, 7 week avg is .244 and 6 week avg is .225.  Unless he makes some major changes in the next two weeks those first couple April weeks contributing to the .266 will fall off and he will have a 2 month avg of .220 or less. 

The data doesn't change as we are just using a defined start date with a defined end date. No matter what he does from 6/25 onward has no bearing on your premise and the same goes for anything that happened before your start date of 4/2. It is a static sample size.

ive been almost benching him in my daily league. hes turned into joey gallo

17 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Jdbob is one of those you just block. Not sure he's ever added anything of value anywhere. Look in any player or Gameday Thread and it's his personal vent thread. 

Can you PM me how to block/ignore? I've asked in a different thread and the post was pulled. Unless I have to be on the computer to do it, I can't figure it out from my phone. 

Bryant 0 for 3 so far this Monday night vs Gonzalez and the Nationals.

Me thinks its to the bench for ole Kris against Scherzer and Strasburg coming up.

Just zero pop in his bat.  NONE.  He's benched on my team. 

This lineup busted.  Zobrist got old/hurt.  The guys replacing Fowler suck.  Schwarber was suppose to be a big component, he sucks.  Russell regressed, Contreras regressed, Heyward still blows. Happ being counted on to be a run producer when he's a table setter.  This lineup just sucks to be blunt.  Bryant is being magnified by being surrounded by busts.  If he was hitting the way he is now surrounded by last years team it wouldn't be noticed as much.  

I wonder if there's any chance of Maddon giving KB a shot at leadoff to get his bat going. Worked for Rizzo and Contreras.

12 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

This lineup busted.  Zobrist got old/hurt.  The guys replacing Fowler suck.  Schwarber was suppose to be a big component, he sucks.  Russell regressed, Contreras regressed, Heyward still blows. Happ being counted on to be a run producer when he's a table setter.  This lineup just sucks to be blunt.  Bryant is being magnified by being surrounded by busts.  If he was hitting the way he is now surrounded by last years team it wouldn't be noticed as much.  

It's a shame they play in the NL Central. Given how they've been managed and the underperformance from just about the entire roster, they deserve to be sitting in the cellar somewhere or at the very least 5-6 games out of a playoff spot. 

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

I wonder if there's any chance of Maddon giving KB a shot at leadoff to get his bat going. Worked for Rizzo and Contreras.

His tinkering with the lineup is probably why this team sucks. 

I wouldn't blame the lineup around Bryant. The guy just sucks. Plenty of stars play in junk lineups. 

Lot of KB hate. Would any of you sell low in a redraft? If so, I'm going fishing again. Hope for some bites this time. 

19 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

Lot of KB hate. Would any of you sell low in a redraft? If so, I'm going fishing again. Hope for some bites this time. 

im looking to sell for the right deal, not in any hurry though.

People need to stop ripping on Joe Maddon.  The team, in general, has woefully under performed relative to their potential - Kris Bryant included.  That's not Joe Maddon's fault as much as fantasy owners want to spout away reasoning why players they drafted aren't living up to their ADP.

The fact is to start the season they really didn't have a lead off hitter lead to Maddon try Schwarber, unsuccessfully.  It was a mistake, but the lineup in general has been hot garbage all year.

Edited by IlliniGuy76

Can we just agree that he's a very good baseball player who is struggling this season for whatever reason?  Every year we have a first round pick or two who absolutely kills their fantasy teams and this year, Kris Bryant is in the running to be that guy...so far.

Hoping for a turn around...but until then what are you going to do, sell low?  No...you're not.

Welp, for the first time all season he is on my bench.  He is 0-8 against Scherzer and he's been pretty bad lately regardless.  

Fully expect a 3/4 1HR 2R 2RBI day now.

Just now, DemOrioles said:

Welp, for the first time all season he is on my bench.  He is 0-8 against Scherzer and he's been pretty bad lately regardless.  

You know I was going to bench him for Kyle Seager but now...no, just because you said that LOL.  

One of us will win.  I should be getting 5-1.

7 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

People need to stop ripping on Joe Maddon.  The team, in general, has woefully under performed relative to their potential - Kris Bryant included.  That's not Joe Maddon's fault as much as fantasy owners want to spout away reasoning why players they drafted aren't living up to their ADP.

The fact is to start the season they really didn't have a lead off hitter lead to Maddon try Schwarber, unsuccessfully.  It was a mistake, but the lineup in general has been hot garbage all year.

The only thing we are blaming Joe for is changing the lineup daily. The subtraction of Dexter Fowler is killer. I know Dex is hurt now, but he was always on base setting the table. 

All of a sudden this team look beatable. Their lineup isn't scaring anyone right now. Couple that with a questionable starting staff and we have a down year.

That said....they will win the division 

2 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

RBI Triple off the wall against scherzer that was about a foot away from being a bomb to dead center. 

The reverse jinx strikes again!