tywalson

Eduardo Rodriguez 2017 Outlook

Good news??

Red Sox "have not been given any timeframe from Dr. Andrews" on Eduardo Rodriguez, manager John Farrell said. Although Rodriguez (knee) is in what Farrell described as a "rest and rehab phase" from throwing off a mound, he will resume throwing off flat ground within a few days.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Flauber_scott.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropScott Lauber, ESPN Staff Writer

15 hours ago, mtblock said:

Good news??

Red Sox "have not been given any timeframe from Dr. Andrews" on Eduardo Rodriguez, manager John Farrell said. Although Rodriguez (knee) is in what Farrell described as a "rest and rehab phase" from throwing off a mound, he will resume throwing off flat ground within a few days.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Flauber_scott.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropScott Lauber, ESPN Staff Writer

I don't know where at all this "done for the year" assumption is coming from. Guess it's just people getting immune to injury setbacks and expecting the worst, as this year has been the baseball apocalypse.

...surgery is not needed and that he should be able to get back on the mound after some time off. Rodriguez is expected to start playing catch in a few days...

...Eduardo Rodriguez said it’s untrue that he was told he will have to rest for three to four weeks before getting back on a mound...

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2017/06/07/morning-sports-update-no-timetable-given-for-eduardo-rodriguezs-return

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

I don't know where at all this "done for the year" assumption is coming from. Guess it's just people getting immune to injury setbacks and expecting the worst, as this year has been the baseball apocalypse.

That's me. I'm jut fed up and sick of the injuries. I would love for some sort of timeline. If its back by end of June, its a maybe hold. if its anything longer than that, I might jump ship. There's no guarantee he'll continue with this success, and that he is at risk for reinjuring it (already over the winter and in the ST, and then this). I'd rather hold Bour.

22 hours ago, mtblock said:

Yes, best case scenario. Likely is at least a few weeks longer than that. Im holding, but probably will drop with my next major DL stint since I only have two slots.

I had to drop him. I had Bour, Wood, ERod, Morton all hit the DL at the same time, and I already had Turner and Cahill. So I decided to drop ERod, but am definitely going to be monitoring him. It just seemed like he had the greatest potential to be on the DL the longest and possibly lose his season. I was sad to do it...I was REALLY stoked about him this year. Taoball promoted him all spring, and I bought in. Only to see the same injury crop up and put him down. 

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

It wasn't an "assumption" but a fear. The early reports said if surgery was needed, it would cost him the remainder of the season. 

Rodriguez (knee) played catch Wednesday while throwing from a semi-windup position, The Boston Globe's Pete Abraham reports.

Rodriguez also threw from 120 feet Wednesday but still does not have a timetable for his return but is currently resting his knee over the course of the next 3-to-4 weeks while he keeps his arm in shape. The southpaw has not been given the green light to throw from the mound yet, and likely still has a ways to go before completing a rehab assignment.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, mmcc1029 said:

I was referring to the poster as a rookie, Not Eduardo. I owned Erod his rookie year i'm well aware. 

BBT, although an expert on "theory", sometimes has trouble with "comprehension" of the reading type. 

On 6/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, Flyman75 said:

It wasn't an "assumption" but a fear. The early reports said if surgery was needed, it would cost him the remainder of the season. 

From what I was reading it was being made out that he was likely done for the year. If surgery is needed it often costs players the rest of the season, isn't it best to just wait and see first? Anyway I'm happy as he got dropped in my keeper and I spent a high claim and got him- DL is packed but don't care, he's better than bloody Daniel Norris.

Certainly sounds like promising news which is a relief.

Edited by swfcdan

2 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

From what I was reading it was being made out that he was likely done for the year. If surgery is needed it often costs players the rest of the season, isn't it best to just wait and see first? Anyway I'm happy as he got dropped in my keeper and I spent a high claim and got him- DL is packed but don't care, he's better than bloody Daniel Norris.

Depends on how a team's roster looks whether it's best to wait and see. For me, I had too many DL'd players for my DL slots, and I looked at ERod as the most expendable SP I had because of the initial reports and decided to drop him. I have since picked him back up and am hoping for the best. 

And no doubt...he's way better than Daniel Norris. Lol. 

Can someone give me a realistic timetable for this guy? I have an open DL spot and was thinking of grabbing him to throw on it. If he's back early July sounds worth it to me. If he is succeeding to a level similar as before he was hurt he'll be a real value to anyone who scoops him up.

23 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

Can someone give me a realistic timetable for this guy? I have an open DL spot and was thinking of grabbing him to throw on it. If he's back early July sounds worth it to me. If he is succeeding to a level similar as before he was hurt he'll be a real value to anyone who scoops him up.

No ones knows. But early July is realistic IMO. 

This is what i could find:

By Christopher Smith

BOSTON -- Eduardo Rodriguez is progressing quicker than originally expected. He could return to the mound within the next five days. 

The Red Sox placed the left-handed starting pitcher on the 10-day disabled list June 2 with a right knee subluxation. 

"He's actually going through a lower lift right now, a lower-body workout," Red Sox manager John Farrell said at his pregame media availability today. "How we're approaching this post-injury is pretty much in five-day phases. And it would be increased agility work, increased running. We still have to take him through some PFP (pitchers fielding practice), all those, basically markers along the way.

"Optimistically, to get him on the mound in this next five days, would be a really good sign for him," Farrell added. 

Today is the fifth day of the first five-day phase. 

Rodriguez is 4-2 with a 3.54 ERA in 11 outings (10 starts). He slipped while warming up before his June 1 start in Baltimore and injured his right knee. He pitched anyway that night, allowing seven earned runs (four homers).

His ERA jumped from 2.77 to 3.54 during that one start.

Edit: that was posted Yesterday

Edited by JoeSas

25 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

No ones knows. But early July is realistic IMO. 

22 minutes ago, JoeSas said:

This is what i could find:

By Christopher Smith

BOSTON -- Eduardo Rodriguez is progressing quicker than originally expected. He could return to the mound within the next five days. 

The Red Sox placed the left-handed starting pitcher on the 10-day disabled list June 2 with a right knee subluxation. 

"He's actually going through a lower lift right now, a lower-body workout," Red Sox manager John Farrell said at his pregame media availability today. "How we're approaching this post-injury is pretty much in five-day phases. And it would be increased agility work, increased running. We still have to take him through some PFP (pitchers fielding practice), all those, basically markers along the way.

"Optimistically, to get him on the mound in this next five days, would be a really good sign for him," Farrell added. 

Today is the fifth day of the first five-day phase. 

Rodriguez is 4-2 with a 3.54 ERA in 11 outings (10 starts). He slipped while warming up before his June 1 start in Baltimore and injured his right knee. He pitched anyway that night, allowing seven earned runs (four homers).

His ERA jumped from 2.77 to 3.54 during that one start.

Edit: that was posted Yesterday

Thanks to you both. Looks like I'll take the chance. With how unpredictable starting pitching has been throwing another arm on my team can't hurt.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

He'll be back in starting lineup in 2-3 weeks, watch.

2 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

Happy days are here again.

:D

Great news.

Better...closer...warmer...

Return late in week 13, or early week 14?

Eduardo Rodriguez (knee) will face hitters later this week.

Rodriguez got through a bullpen session last week with no issues and is ready to take the next step. Assuming the session against hitters goes well, he'll then be cleared for a rehab assignment. The left-hander is tracking toward an early July return if he can avoid a setback.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Return late in week 13, or early week 14?

Looking good, and read that he'll only need 1 rehab start (which could be by mid next week)...I'm think he starts somewhere between 7/2-7/7 (maybe @ TEX or @ TB)...

Looks like AFTER the break:

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(1 hr ago) Boston GM Dave Dombrowski said he hopes Rodriguez (knee) will rejoin the starting rotation after the All-Star break,Ryan Hannable of WEEI.com reports.

Rodriguez has been slowly working his way back from a knee injury suffered earlier this month and should be able to begin a rehab assignment soon. Nonetheless, the Red Sox will turn to newly-acquired Doug Fister as their fifth starter until the young left-hander is able to return to the big league roster. Look elsewhere for starting pitching depth until July 14.

30 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Looks like AFTER the break:

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(1 hr ago) Boston GM Dave Dombrowski said he hopes Rodriguez (knee) will rejoin the starting rotation after the All-Star break,Ryan Hannable of WEEI.com reports.

Rodriguez has been slowly working his way back from a knee injury suffered earlier this month and should be able to begin a rehab assignment soon. Nonetheless, the Red Sox will turn to newly-acquired Doug Fister as their fifth starter until the young left-hander is able to return to the big league roster. Look elsewhere for starting pitching depth until July 14.

Dang. Might as well rest though. Don't want him getting re-injured.

The latest report I'm seeing has him down for a rehab start this Thursday with the possibility of coming back after that start. This could be before the break but we'll have to wait and see after Thursday's game.