fawkes_mulder

Alex Kirilloff - 1B/OF (Twins)

After a bit of a slow start, he’s got a .425 wOBA right now...should earn him a promotion from A ball to A+ soon.

• Like 2

Hit home run #8 today. I wonder if his 2020 MLB ETA could get bumped up a year if he keeps this up all season and into next.

1 hour ago, cltubbs said:

Hit home run #8 today. I wonder if his 2020 MLB ETA could get bumped up a year if he keeps this up all season and into next.

ETAs are usually very conservative. Soto wasn’t supposed to play til 2020 or something too.

• Like 1

3-for-4 tonight with a 2B and 3 RBI.

What's been most impressive to me is his plate discipline lately. It was a little shaky early on, but in his last 8 games he has 4 walks and only 1 strikeout. I think he's definitely due for a promotion soon.

Fortunate to live about 20 minutes from Cedar Rapids and get to see Kirilloff a ton. His approach is really advanced. His promotion should be coming within the next week or two would be my guess. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a September 2019 call-up if he continues hitting like this at the next few levels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went 4-for-6 with 2 HR and 4 RBI, bringing his season slash line to 329/386/608.

Up to #67 in the latest Fangraphs rankings. I think he’s got upside well beyond that but lists will probably be cautious until he moves up a level. Worth getting in now if you still can before he blows up.

• Like 1

Scorching hot week since the Futures Game - 15 for 26 with 6 doubles, a triple and a homer. Had a bit of an adjustment period at High-A but this stretch has brought his OPS back above 900.

He's gotten some aggressive midseason rankings, including 15 from Razzball, and he may be living up to them.

Amazingly quick rise after basically losing his first real minors season...

At this rate he's gonna start next year in AA and possibly put himself in position to play a significant big league role by mid summer or at least the next Spring.

• Like 3

He's got average up to .370 and OPS up to .968 in Fort Myers after another 3-hit evening with a HR. 

How is Kirilloff not in AA right now? What is this TB's organizational pace for promoting players? lol.  As of today 4 Aug 2018 hes hitting .369 with 3 HR and 31 RBI over 149 at bats. That was after torching Full A while batting .333 with 13 HR and 56 RBI over 252 at-bats. This dude is going to good. Grab him and stash if your league is sleeping on him. 

On 8/4/2018 at 3:20 PM, LarrysBraves26 said:

How is Kirilloff not in AA right now? What is this TB's organizational pace for promoting players? lol.  As of today 4 Aug 2018 hes hitting .369 with 3 HR and 31 RBI over 149 at bats. That was after torching Full A while batting .333 with 13 HR and 56 RBI over 252 at-bats. This dude is going to good. Grab him and stash if your league is sleeping on him. 

Well I kinda hear you, but this guy lost his entire 1st year--out of high school--last season. Most felt the bat was far more advanced than a typical HS player, but there is really no need to rush him in what amounts to his very first pro year. A strong finish in high A basically assures AA to begin next campaign and which point he can kinda dictate his own timeline...A remarkable year, and such a great prospect. I love a lefty that can thrive against same handed pitching. His hit tool is very near that 70 type territory and the power will come--esp in that park with the MLB super balls.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1

Kirilloff is now #10 overall on the MLB.com top 100 prospects list! What a rise for him this year!

Edited by cltubbs
  • Like 2

Just grabbed him in our offseason MILB draft after trading Peraza for a manager's 4 MILB picks this draft.  This kid can absolutely rake.  Love the low K's and seems to make great contact whether it's against left or right-handed pitching.  His ascension kinda reminds me of Goldschmidt's rise through the minors but with less power. 

Seems a little bit like a Christian Yelich type player.  Valuable for the hit tool, and a great MLB player, but may take a few years to grow into his full power potential as a fantasy contributor.

21 hours ago, treat88 said:

Seems a little bit like a Christian Yelich type player.  Valuable for the hit tool, and a great MLB player, but may take a few years to grow into his full power potential as a fantasy contributor.

He also missed a year with TJ that probably set him back a bit with developing his power. I think the Yelich career power arch is really good comp. I think Kiriloff is a pure hitter and I find it refreshing to see a hitter that doesn't have a 25+K% selling out for power. I hope the Twins challenge Kiriloff with competition this year. Rankings accelerated for him, but it almost feels like the lost year of development hasn't full set in. Really like him as a prospect and think his floor is high and his ceiling is still in that TBD territory as he makes massive strides with a healthy offseason to develop.  

• Like 1

Kirilloff moving to 1B

The Twins will start breaking Kirilloff in at first base this season, Twins Daily reports.

This makes all the sense in the world, as Kirilloff has filled out since his days as an amateur and the Twins have a crowded outfield already, without factoring in last year's first-round pick Trevor Larnach, who is a corner outfielder/designated hitter and on the fast track to the majors. A move to first base does not negatively impact Kirilloff's fantasy stock.

Edited by SpartyOn4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting and prob does make plenty of sense for both the team and player. He would have been fine on a corner OF spot I thought, but whatever. For fantasy this might actually increase his value...1B has been thinning out a bunch of the last couple years. He's immediately the top 1B by a ways imo...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's immediately the top 1B by a ways imo...

It isn't even close.  

Is he the top prospect going into 2020 drafts? Gotta think it's between him and Adell.