Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Yea my leagues have guys who feel every player they have is a demigod so they barely trade.... Couldn't even imagine being like "uhh durr do you want my Johnson, he's only maybe I think possibly sorta kind of missing 2 weeks or 2 years, want??.." 

same.  abt the only trades that happen in most of my leagues are in keepers 2-3 weeks ahead of playoffs when the eliminated teams deal vets for youth/picks.  at this point in the season no way

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

Idk about you but if I hear he is definitley returning at any point this season, I have to hold... Even if it's a 12 week injury I don't think I could drop him because those last 4 weeks of the season he'll be an rb1

Will he? It may sound dumb but not playing in a game situation for 3 months is brutal. Sure he can still do non contact drills since it's only his wrist but that's nothing. Might take a game or two to get going and then you only get the real beast mode Johnson for the finals. Which is probably too late.

2 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Rapporport is reporting 12 weeks 

Ouch.  Hang on to this guy just for the fantasy playoffs?  That would be tough.  Essentially you're trying to manage your team with one bench spot short.  Unless you play in those weird leagues that allow an IR spot, which I think is a cop-out.  Make people make tough decisions and not just allow them a free bench spot to stash somebody.

Tough to see probably the #1 draft pick in the majority of leagues go down in week 1. 

4 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I'm more upset that someone who crushed the league last year is already gone.. I was more pumpe about Johnson than mostly everyone else. And I mean... It's just such a disheartening moment 

Want to hear something even more disheartening? 

This is a real human being who is in pain, needs surgery, and will have to go through rehabilitation.  :(

Just now, yanki01 said:

he also said he may play week 2. hopefully we get more concrete news tomorrow.

I wouldnt bet a 1$ he plays week 2.  Dislocated wrist is nothing to laugh at.  You wouldnt be able to "fiddle" with yourself much less hold a ball after than injury.  

Just now, Kareem of the Crop said:

This is a real human being who is in pain, needs surgery, and will have to go through rehabilitation.  :(

Great point.  Let's not think about fantasy implications at a time like this.

1 minute ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

Really?? Omg I had no idea 

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Great point.  Let's not think about fantasy implications at a time like this.

Right, there are probably other forums we can go to for that.  Things like fantasy have no place here on RotoFeels.

Edited by Iron-cock
1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

Really?? Omg I had no idea 

Just thought it was kinda funny that I haven't come past a single post yet that just said "Get well soon DJ" or "Best wishes for a speedy recovery" or anything like that.  Seems like a few years ago there would have been multiple people sharing such sentiments, but players have been so completely commoditized in our minds at this point that we rarely even stop to acknowledge their humanity anymore before we go on whinging about the devastating effect their real life injury has on our fake football team.

5 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

This is a fantasy forum though... For you know...Fantasy? It sucks but he will recover and be 100% back to normal.

Just now, Kareem of the Crop said:

Just thought it was kinda funny that I haven't come past a single post yet that just said "Get well soon DJ" or "Best wishes for a speedy recovery" or anything like that.  Seems like a few years ago there would have been multiple people sharing such sentiments, but players have been so completely commoditized in our minds at this point that we rarely even stop to acknowledge their humanity anymore before we go on whinging about the devastating effect their real life injury has on our fake football team.

Bruh he'll live...

Just now, Gohawks said:

This is a fantasy forum though... For you know...Fantasy? It sucks but he will recover and be 100% back to normal.

Well, this is the fantasy thread for discussing his fantasy outlook, not the thread for whining about how screwed your team is now (Cool Story Bro?).  But that doesn't seem to stop anybody from discussing those off-topic tidbits.

1 minute ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

Let's have a moment of prayer and silence.  Nobody post for the next two minutes.

3 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

Ridiculous, because it all goes without saying  and common sense dictates that everyone here feels bad for the kid... But it's not like he posts here, it's a fantasy forum and that is what most are posting about.  And he messed up his wrist, not like he lost a leg. 

Edited by Savatage79
4 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

We're here to talk fantasy football. Plus if/when I take a few moments to feel sorry for someone it will be the victims of the two recent natural disasters, not a millionaire football player who got hurt playing football. If the dude suffered a major life changing injury you'd have a point. He hurt his wrist

Edited by owenmills
2 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

virtue-signal-300x212.png

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

We're here to talk fantasy football. Plus if/when I take a few moments to feel sorry for someone it will be the victims of the two recent natural disasters, not a millionaire football player who got hurt playing football. If the dude suffered a major life changing injury you'd have a point. He hurt his wrist

TBH Bruce Arians stupidity is a natural disaster.  Otherwise I get your point.  Carry on.

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

12 teamer, big money league, with friends that know what they are doing.

Doesn't change the fact that I think i'm better at fantasy than them or that I know how to build a team. I prepared for this during the draft by drafting all the RB depth I can. 

Ok u have david johnson and some back up scrubs big deal. I dont care about how u claim to be good at building a fantasy team. 99% of the people here can say the same after week 1. 

If your internet public league friends know what they are doing too, cool story bro.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic