Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

I'd say that if they have him at IR- for return... you'd just have to see how close the Cards are to the playoffs... once they are out of contention... they'd probably shut him down for the year.

His return would rely on the playoff chances.

Just my thoughts

That is a valid analysis. Without DJ, their chances are very small for the playoffs. They might even finish behind the Rams this season in their division.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Is Le'Veon Bell still more injury prone than David Johnson?

I think it's time people realize they can't predict injury...

Au contraire. We can predict Woodhead being injured early and often. Throw Edelman and Amendola in there as well. 

Edited by burninglegs
12 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Au contraire. We can predict Woodhead being injured early and often. Throw Edelman and Amendola in there as well. 

Hyde, Rawls, Big Ben, Keenan, Reed, Jeffrey, Smokey, Gronk- these guys fit in here, if not for outright missing games, at least for being chronic "Q" guys. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

This is why i play fantasy football at cheap entry fees , no more than 30 bucks but i will enter higher entry fee baseball, its way easier to replace a guy, if you drafted Johnson your year is over, chances are you have one decent rb left, they are so hard to replace

Just now, burninglegs said:

If closer to 12 weeks, Cardinals could be out of the playoff picture long before then. Might not even bring him back at that point. 

Have no choice but to keep holding at this point on the bench?

At this point no choice. 2 months is week 9. Which is after their bye week.

Holding out of spite but in redraft leagues there is a very strong argument to be made for dropping him. 

In 2-3 months the cards will be well out of the race and there's a good chance he won't play at all. Missing out on possible replacements FOR him by keeping him.

Just now, azeri98 said:

This is why i play fantasy football at cheap entry fees , no more than 30 bucks but i will enter higher entry fee baseball, its way easier to replace a guy, if you drafted Johnson your year is over, chances are you have one decent rb left, they are so hard to replace

First year playing fantasy football?

Just now, burninglegs said:

If closer to 12 weeks, Cardinals could be out of the playoff picture long before then. Might not even bring him back at that point. 

Have no choice but to keep holding at this point on the bench?

That is the key sir. I'm stashing in IR; and yes, you have to swallow that bench spot and leave him there with no IR spot. But the Cardinals are going to be putrid on offense now. DJ is the only thing that saved Palmer from complete embarrassment last year. If they are 6-6 and have a shot, he'll probably come back. They really need to win this week. Otherwise I don't see the point of them even bringing him back this year unless he just openly lobbies to come back to a 3-9 team.

Just now, azeri98 said:

Wrong. I drafted Johnson and then made sure to go heavier on RBs throughout the draft knowing the risk. Obviously your team takes a huge hit but saying the season is over is just premature. Granted, you are in a huge hole but there's still a chance to climb out.

1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

That is the key sir. I'm stashing in IR; and yes, you have to swallow that bench spot and leave him there with no IR spot. But the Cardinals are going to be putrid on offense now. DJ is the only thing that saved Palmer from complete embarrassment last year. If they are 6-6 and have a shot, he'll probably come back. They really need to win this week. Otherwise I don't see the point of them even bringing him back this year unless he just openly lobbies to come back to a 3-9 team.

What if he can come back in week 9? I'm dropping him right now if he is not coming back until week 13. It does say 2-3 months though...

Just now, azeri98 said:

Depends on the depth of your league.  In 10s/12s I think you can still make the playoffs losing your first round pick.  just have to manage the wire/trades and hope a few of your upside plays hit.  have to cut bench depth and take more shots on fliers/cuffs.  can be done.  now if you're in a 20 teamer it's gonna be hard.

I own zero shares of him this season, but I still hate to see a top guy go down so early in the year. This will surely put a lot of teams at a disadvantage, especially those in deeper leagues. You can do a thousand hours of research, but at the end of the day so much of fantasy football is pure luck. Good luck and bad luck. It was good luck to get the first pick in a draft to be able to draft an amazing player like Johnson, but on the same token it was big time bad luck for him to succumb to a potentially season ending injury in week one.

Why do we continue to play this game? Oh yeah, that's right; we're just a bunch of masochists. 

Get well soon, DJ. ✌️

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What if he can come back in week 9? I'm dropping him right now if he is not coming back until week 13. It does say 2-3 months though...

Man you can't just flat-out drop DJ with a chance to be back in Week 9 right? I'm preparing for 12 weeks regardless. This injury is actually pretty enlightening. I didn't realize so many leagues lacked IR slots.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic