Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

16 hours ago, boltup15 said:

I think it's time people realize they can't predict injury...

3 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Only 5 players in the past 27 seasons had Rushing Att >= 290 and Receptions >= 75.  Of those 5, only 1 played 16 games and didn’t regress.  That player is:

LaDanian Tomlinson

When a player is getting tackled 400 times in one season, it’s hard to expect their body to recover, even with a full offseason of rest (or rehab in DJ’s case).

19 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Yes... was including the hits they take from pass blocking. Not a single rb had 400 touches last season...

Nobody is talking about pass blocking other than you, and god knows for what reason.  Feel free to point me to a website with pass blocking stats.

Yes DJ only had 373 touches.  Not 400.   Huge difference, right?

Regardless, large workloads often aren't repeatable and the 400 touch thing is common fantasy knowledge if you've been playing for awhile:

http://www.footballguys.com/06yudkin_400touches.php

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2015-fantasy-football-draft-prep-400-touch-running-backs/

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Nobody is talking about pass blocking other than you, and god knows for what reason.  Feel free to point me to a website with pass blocking stats.

Yes DJ only had 373 touches.  Not 400.   Huge difference, right?

Regardless, large workloads often aren't repeatable and the 400 touch thing is common fantasy knowledge if you've been playing for awhile:

http://www.footballguys.com/06yudkin_400touches.php

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2015-fantasy-football-draft-prep-400-touch-running-backs/

I don't know what you're trying to argue about...

I agree large workloads are hard to repeat. 

All I was saying is RB's get hit all the time whether it's running, receiving or pass blocking. I pulled the 400 # out of my ***. You're thinking too hard about this 400 number.. 

Edited by boltup15
23 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Well....I think many are assuming the Cards will be terrible without DJ.   If they're out of the division and playoff picture when he's ready to return, why bring him back?

This is just terrible.  I own DJ in one league and I think I'd really rather just have him out for the year so I could comfortably drop and move on.

Is it time to label DJ as injury prone yet?  The knee last year and now this?  It's probably too early for that as this is a pretty fluky injury but it's going to take awhile for me to get over the sting of this injury.

1) DJ wants to play

2) Fans want to see him play = ticket sales

3) Bruce Arians doesnt seem like the type of coach who would just give up unlike Todd Bowles

4) The type of injury sustained by DJ is not a type that could be aggravated 

6 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

1) DJ wants to play

2) Fans want to see him play = ticket sales

3) Bruce Arians doesnt seem like the type of coach who would just give up unlike Todd Bowles

4) The type of injury sustained by DJ is not a type that could be aggravated 

If they were going to decide to shut Johnson down, the organization (not the coach) would likely be making the call.  

1 hour ago, ccsae said:

Between now and week 9 , they get IND and SF twice.. and LAR.  I know they suck without DJ, but hopefully they are still in the playoff picture or close to it.. 

Indeed, except that one IND will have Luck playing as a QB.  Next week should be a must win for the Cards..

31 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

??? He needs surgery. TJ Logan had the same injury and is out for 12 weeks. 

Folks in this thread are doing their best to ignore this. 12 weeks is very much in play. 

Hold him or fold him. Team's with shallow benches have decisions to make.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic