Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Nope. A break is easier to heal. This is worse, hence the need for surgery

Broken wrists are not an easy heal.  Much in the same way ankles aren't either.  Sure, sprain is often times more severe and hard to recover from, but there are so many tiny bones in your wrists and ankles that make healing incredibly hard to deal with.  tl/dr  A broken wrist would take as much time to recover as a sprained one.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Broken wrists are not an easy heal.  Much in the same way ankles aren't either.  Sure, sprain is often times more severe and hard to recover from, but there are so many tiny bones in your wrists and ankles that make healing incredibly hard to deal with.  tl/dr  A broken wrist would take as much time to recover as a sprained one.

Sure a sprain is easier to recover from than a break. 

We're talking about a dislocated wrist. That's a whole different story 

We can't really over-analyze any of this.  After surgery, Johnson will begin the healing process.  Some people heal quicker, some slower.  No one has a way of knowing how quickly Johnson will heal.  And honestly Arians just seems like he's being a dick in those comments.  The only thing he knows is that it will take 8-12 weeks.  We won't know much more until a month or so from now. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

After debating back and forth, I'm keeping DJ. If you have enough depth, you should be able to tread water until he comes back. Hopefully your other picks blow up and pick up the slack. I can't even consider selling him low or dropping him, only for one of the other stack teams to get him and have him for their playoff run. 

Time to go down with the ship on this one. If he comes back earlier than 12 weeks, that is great. 

2 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Sure a sprain is easier to recover from than a break. 

We're talking about a dislocated wrist. That's a whole different story 

My b, haha. I don't know why I thought he had a severe sprained wrist as opposed to a dislocated one.

If i didnt trade him yesterday not sure I could stomach cutting him, would hurt too bad. Had him his rookie year, couldnt snag him in last years auction and paid a kings ransom for him this year only to see him go down after half a game.. 

Half a game is what is brutal, i mean damn... How about mid season or something, even tho that's not fun either but still not even a single game of fun.  Just sucks, it's amazing i knew when I landed bell, zeke and Johnson that one was going down i just had no clue which. But I even texted a friend saying wonder who will go down out of the 3 and I totally thought bell would be the one 

Edited by Savatage79
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic