elite

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

What a sad, sad time for DJ owners. Such high hopes and expectations. And taking such a major hit after the very first week of the season.

Hopefully he will play again this season, even if it's for the playoffs. Best all around RB in the league no question.

4 minutes ago, lavaman said:

What a sad, sad time for DJ owners. Such high hopes and expectations. And taking such a major hit after the very first week of the season.

Hopefully he will play again this season, even if it's for the playoffs. Best all around RB in the league no question.

Yep... I really need some of my high upside guys on the bench to explode onto the scene now. 

1 hour ago, ccimore said:

Tough luck but this guy is an adrian peterson level freak at healing.

There's still hope he plays in week 2 right?!?

17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There's still hope he plays in week 2 right?!?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Hey man at least you didn't have Allen Robinson

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Hey man at least you didn't have Allen Robinson

I had both in a .5 ppr keeper league :( luckily we have an IR spot. still sad

You guys are depressing. I'm only logging into Rotoworld once per week (Monday Night) from here on out. I lost DJ in my big money, 16-team league like many others did. If you say something enough, you ultimately convince yourself that its true. My squad is not done and I'm still winning the 2017 Championship.

1-0 after Week 1. I'll post an update this Monday night.

got the #2 pick in my fantasy draft and actually cheered when the #1 grabbed leveon. lord.

lucky enough to land cohen and grab hunt. so as long these rookies dont fizzle i think ill be okay. this was my first year rostering him and i was stoked for what he could do.

19 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

who is the handcuff for dj? kershawn? andre ellignton?

Kerwynn Williams got 5 carries, so that would be my guess, and Fitzgerald and Brown should get an upgrade on targets.
Williams is by no means sure yet, but he did alright (got a TD, always nice), so his stock is pretty good on the waiver wire right now.

Edited by Boudewijn

5 hours ago, lavaman said:

False, the best rb all round plays each week, excluding bye

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Here's a little pep talk for all of you who lost Johnson - at least he gave you a performance on his way out the door.  A lot of you won week 1.  It could've gone another way - he could've gotten injured so early that you got 1 point and lost because of it.  (You know, like Allen Robinson.)

Not insurmountable, but waivers where priority is dictated initially by draft position will be tough. Last couple of years I've used the Monday night cheat code since players don't lock until they play in my leagues. If you have a free roster spot or an expendable  player it's a nice thing to use if teams playing that night have potentially valuable handcuffs were the starter to go down. Was able fo get Howard a week in advance that way last year and grabbed Kamara this past week after losing Johnson. Can't replace him obviously but you have to throw the kitchen sink from every angle at this problem.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Here's a little pep talk for all of you who lost Johnson - at least he gave you a performance on his way out the door.  A lot of you won week 1.  It could've gone another way - he could've gotten injured so early that you got 1 point and lost because of it.  (You know, like Allen Robinson.)

Thanks, that's SO reassuring. I feel way better now.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Sucks for the losers that had both *starts to cry*

19 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Not insurmountable, but waivers where priority is dictated initially by draft position will be tough. Last couple of years I've used the Monday night cheat code since players don't lock until they play in my leagues. If you have a free roster spot or an expendable  player it's a nice thing to use if teams playing that night have potentially valuable handcuffs were the starter to go down. Was able fo get Howard a week in advance that way last year and grabbed Kamara this past week after losing Johnson. Can't replace him obviously but you have to throw the kitchen sink from every angle at this problem.

Great tip. I've been trying to do that with the late afternoon and Sunday night games too. Managed to grab Carson that way.

Jamaal Williams is a good one to grab before Sunday night game this week.

That's how I managed to get Cohen, more or less. White got injured, I saw Cohen was wrecking the field and didn't think twice. Boom!

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Well, now I feel better. It's as if Johnson hasn't even left my lineup 

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

What if you had both?  Of course year I get first pick this happens.  Been playing fantasy for 20 years and can't remember the number 1 pick getting injured in week 1 like this.

This is exactly why I drafted running backs early and often cuz of crap like this. He needs to be back in time for the playoffs!

57 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Been playing fantasy for 20 years and can't remember the number 1 pick getting injured in week 1 like this.

Well, s--- happpens, now we have to deal with it and prove we're the smart ones. Imagine the bragging rights if you even get to the play-offs without those two.
I see this as a win-win situation - if we do well we'll look like a genius and if not we can say "yeah but I lost DJ in the first round".

I've thought long and hard on what to do with him; I consider if there's a 50% chance he'll be back to the play-offs at say 80% of his power, then I have a nice lottery ticket on my bench for the play-offs as a flex. I'll take it, and keep my league mates worried about him coming back.

What do others think is the likelihood he's back for the fantasy playoffs?  0% 25% 50% 75%?