elite

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

16 minutes ago, jpars82 said:

It's a wrist injury, if he comes back it's not going to affect his running.

No, but ball security could be an issue. 

15 hours ago, smeeze said:

Yeah they took the context out of his quote.  

“He’s scheduled for surgery this week and hopefully, as miraculously as he came back from that knee injury last year, I’m hoping we can possibly get him back by Thanksgiving or Christmas,” Arians told Jeff Rickard and Bill Polian on Sirius/XM NFL Radio Tuesday.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1240122/cardinals-bruce-arians-hopes-david-johnson-back-thanksgiving-christmas/

15 hours ago, Gohawks said:

“Hopefully, as miraculous as he came back from that knee injury last year, I’m hoping we can possibly get him back by Thanksgiving or Christmas,” Arians told Jeff Rickard and Bill Polian on Late Hits.

So, Being the total f--- tards the media are they take it out of proportion to get as many clicks as they can.

Even if he said it like you put it, that would mean nothing. Arians probably doesn't know much more than we do at this point.

So if he heals "miraculously" they "hope" he can play by Thanksgiving or Christmas ? That is the update people are hanging on in hopes he's back by November ?

10 hours ago, dakimbell said:

That would qualify as league winner. Anyone who comes out of the blue and gets a couple 100 yards games is extremely valuable and a hell of a shot in the arm for any playoff roster

Is a guy like David Johnson really "coming out of the blue" though? He was the number 1 overall pick by most people for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if he performs very well when he comes back.

Edited by JooCraig

I mean guys like OBJ, Ware and Marshall are labeled done for the season, DJ isn’t which is why I am hanging in there

1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

So if he heals "miraculously" they "hope" he can play by Thanksgiving or Christmas ? That is the update people are hanging on in hopes he's back by November ?

What would you suggest people do then?  We're talking about the best overall fantasy player last season...

16 minutes ago, smeeze said:

What would you suggest people do then?  We're talking about the best overall fantasy player last season...

I'm just pumping the brakes on the timeline. People are talking about trading for him and acting like he's back in November. Of all the possible scenarios that play out, the chances of getting a 100% David Johnson starting in Thanksgiving sound pretty small...."miraculous".

As far as what to do everyone's league and situation is different. I'm lucky enough to have an IR spot in the league I own him. But if you're 2-3 in a redraft and have bye weeks I can totally see selling for whatever you can get of value.

Edited by fletch44

Hmm, the AP trade might mean he isn’t close 

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

I think it just means Arizona needs a running game until DJ returns. They are getting nothing from the current backfield and AP was a cheap stopgap.

3 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Or could just mean that they want to compete and contend for the playoffs, which means that Cardinals won't give up.  I am sure you can guess what the next sentence will be.  Connect the dots.  It's been 4 weeks since he had a surgery - look at the forest, not the trees.

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Thanksgiving is six weeks away. That is the earliest possible he returns. Six weeks is definitely not close if you will.

1 minute ago, Thinkingcap said:

Or could just mean that they want to compete and contend for the playoffs, which means that Cardinals won't give up.  I am sure you can guess what the next sentence will be.  Connect the dots.  It's been 4 weeks since he had a surgery - look at the forest, not the trees.

What if the prettiest tree had surgery to repair a severely dislocated branch?

The AP trade means there is no rush for DJ to come back.  If the Cards have a losing record in a few weeks even less so.

AP acquisition is an attempt to stay in it until their god comes back. If anything, this is a good thing. 

Remember it was a wrist injury, the guy didn't have his leg amputated

Clearly they are making this move to amputate AP's wrist and surgically repair it to DJ.

28 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

And it means he might not get his role back when he's better.  Peterson could easily steal early down work.  :rolleyes:

DJ should still get run as an 3rd down back if he can stay healthy though.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

And it means he might not get his role back when he's better.  Peterson could easily steal early down work.  :rolleyes:

DJ should still get run as an 3rd down back if he can stay healthy though.

I sincerely hope this is tongue-in-cheek.

23 minutes ago, street sharks said:

AP acquisition is an attempt to stay in it until their god comes back. If anything, this is a good thing. 

Lol never change rotoworld

Can't wait to see the Wing T in December with these three HOF RB.

1 hour ago, JooCraig said:

Is a guy like David Johnson really "coming out of the blue" though? He was the number 1 overall pick by most people for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if he performs very well when he comes back.

coming out of the blue as in coming back from injury after a long absence. Any DJ owners who were able to manage a playoff team this whole time, will have a huge advantage if he returns to form is more or less what I was insinuating.

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

coming out of the blue as in coming back from injury after a long absence. Any DJ owners who were able to manage a playoff team this whole time, will have a huge advantage if he returns to form is more or less what I was insinuating.

Ya I think having the #1 overall pick in form on your team would be an advantage