elite

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Ya I think having the #1 overall pick in form on your team would be an advantage

How many DJ teams can scrape together a playoff run though. I know I still need some breaks to get there. And only reason I am hanging on is because of auction draft, built a pretty solid team top to bottom. Shudder at all of the poor souls out there who took DJ in 1st and Amari in 2nd

Edited by dakimbell

There are plenty of us out there.  When DJ went down I immediately acquired Zeke for Thomas/Ajayi.  You just have to start focusing on big risk/big reward and not play it safe when something like this happens.

Trading for Peterson could mean the Cards have no faith David Johnson will return this year.

But it could also mean Arians knows they need a credible run threat so they can win some games until Johnson gets back in week 10.  Current Cardinals RBs certainly aren't cutting it.

Bet Peterson is thrilled to get out of New Orleans, TBH.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Trading for Peterson could mean the Cards have no faith David Johnson will return this year.

But it could also mean Arians knows they need a credible run threat so they can win some games until Johnson gets back in week 10.  Current Cardinals RBs certainly aren't cutting it.

Bet Peterson is thrilled to get out of New Orleans, TBH.

I've been hearing nothing but Christmas for Johnson's return. What do you know that I don't? :lol:

I see the move for AP more to replace CJ2K who was not cutting it. AP will now get 1st/2nd down carries with Ellington still holding onto 3rd down responsibilities. As long as the Cardinals continue to win games (currently 2-3) and have a chance at the playoffs, DJ will come back and when he does, AP will go back to being irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I've been hearing nothing but Christmas for Johnson's return. What do you know that I don't? :lol:

Read back a few pages... Rotoworld misquoted Arians.  He clearly said Thanksgiving or Christmas.  

I'd prefer a Halloween return, but will settle for Thanksgiving B)

For those that are concerned, even if AP balls out with his new team he will be worn down by the time DJ returns and we can all enjoy our championship run.

15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Read back a few pages... Rotoworld misquoted Arians.  He clearly said Thanksgiving or Christmas.  

Did he mention which year?

9 hours ago, smeeze said:

And, if you listen to the audioclip, and I have, Arians is just spouting coachspeak, rather than giving a definite timeline.

Trying so hard to hold. So much juicy potential on waivers I've had to pass up because of this turd. But he's an amazing turd so get well soon sweet prince.

11 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

Trying so hard to hold. So much juicy potential on waivers I've had to pass up because of this turd. But he's an amazing turd so get well soon sweet prince.

Turd? Uh what?

Got DJ off waivers today, I haven’t really followed his injury updates regarding a timetable but from what I can gather there is no concrete info., just speculation. So he could either come back in a month or is done for the year, nice. 

for some reason I thought he was out for the year.  Anyway I just picked him up as a lottery ticket, if you have room on the bench why not?  He could end up being a big factor in fantasy playoffs. 

2 hours ago, HamMach1 said:

Cersei-Lannister-Get-Out.gif

5 hours ago, hype said:

Turd? Uh what?

3 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Cersei-Lannister-Get-Out.gif

You guys clearly didn't read past the first turd. I said he's an amazing turd. Like a lincoln log type turd that only needs one wipe, not a sloppy post bag of flamin hot cheetos + coffee turd. 

Sheesh.

2 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

You guys clearly didn't read past the first turd. I said he's an amazing turd. Like a lincoln log type turd that only needs one wipe, not a sloppy post bag of flamin hot cheetos + coffee turd. 

Sheesh.

He isn't a turd at all.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:51 PM, burninglegs said:

nths it was originally thought he would be sidelined.

By NFL rules, the soonest Johnson can return is Nov. 9 vs. Seattle. 

“My conversation with David was you can’t listen to what everybody says about the length of time you’re going to miss because nobody can forecast that, especially when you’re a genetic freak like him,” Keim said.

“We all heal differently, and I wouldn’t be surprised if David heals faster than most when it comes to that injury.”

What are the chances he's the same guy as 2016?  His line absolutely blows, he's going to be 26 next season and RBs don't last for that long

Is he this eras Arian Foster or is he a flash in the pan who had a good system that made him have a huge outlier year?

I know I know Im crazy

10 minutes ago, BigOrangeScrew said:

Great now we're arguing over turd types

I'm just talking about how good DJ is and they're arguing with me about how good DJ is. :(

On 10/10/2017 at 12:41 PM, dakimbell said:

How many DJ teams can scrape together a playoff run though. I know I still need some breaks to get there. And only reason I am hanging on is because of auction draft, built a pretty solid team top to bottom. Shudder at all of the poor souls out there who took DJ in 1st and Amari in 2nd

DJ and Amari. I went with Kareem Hunt on 1st pick of the 3rd round so that has salvaged something. Currently at 2-3 hoping to build my team through the waiver wire.

1 hour ago, PointGawd0 said:

What are the chances he's the same guy as 2016?  His line absolutely blows, he's going to be 26 next season and RBs don't last for that long

Is he this eras Arian Foster or is he a flash in the pan who had a good system that made him have a huge outlier year?

I know I know Im crazy

26 next year makes him suddenly old? He should have 3-4 years left at the top of his game.