mysonx3

2017 Middle Relievers Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

 

Yea Daytons role is being used when LA trails. Pretty weird o well. 

 

yeah I cut Dayton this am in a holds league.  Thought I had a gem and it turned out to be a dirty rock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mysonx3 said:

According to FanGraphs, the slowest fastball he's thrown this year has been 95.8, so I'm assuming what you saw was hanging sliders (which average about 89 for him)

wow im sorry.  maybe i was watching the wrong reliever.  could have sworn it was jones on the jersey and he threw 3 or 4 straight pitches that were 89.  i guess it was possibl he threw sliders and im just a dope...wouldnt be the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

Matt Barnes has been lights out thus far and getting quite a few looks as setup man.

 

Will be interesting to see what happens when Thornburg and Carson Smith come back.

Edited by lassetjus
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the thread feeling about Archie Bradley? Fit's the mold perfectly of the elite MR type but not sure of planned usage for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

How is the thread feeling about Archie Bradley? Fit's the mold perfectly of the elite MR type but not sure of planned usage for him.

 

 Based on his usage so far and what the coaches have said I think that he is worth grabbing in league swear holds or middle relievers/hi K9 guys have value.    Looks to be possible similar value to Devenski.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my K/9 league, feeling bummed I missed the boat on Leclerc after watching him K the Mariners all the while shaking off Lucroy to throw a change or a breaking ball on a 3-2 count with the bases loaded, them's some huevos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pernil said:

In my K/9 league, feeling bummed I missed the boat on Leclerc after watching him K the Mariners all the while shaking off Lucroy to throw a change or a breaking ball on a 3-2 count with the bases loaded, them's some huevos

Stripling available ? Hes got similar numbers to leclerc.. actually better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mortl said:

Stripling available ? Hes got similar numbers to leclerc.. actually better 

 

How sustainable are Stripling's 2017 numbers? He has doubled his K/9 rate from last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luis Avilan seems to be getting setup work behind Jansen. Good numbers to date. Always had good underlying metrics too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been watching some mlb.tv clips...man, Jose Torres on the Padres is really impressive. I see a spitting image of Felipe Rivero. Hold opportunities aren't going to be amazing obviously, but I think the ratios and Ks will be awesome.

 

Could be a guy that gets traded too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob Barnes with a hold today, still a sparkling 0.00 era on the season. He also threw a 93 mph slider today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

He also threw a 93 mph slider today.

Is that good? Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mysonx3 said:

Is that good? Haha

yeah, it was a nasty pitch. I guess you could maybe call it a slutter or deep cutter.

 

Anytime you see a slider that's at a fastball velo, that's usually a pretty good sign.

 

I'm sure you were being sarcastic though, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

yeah, it was a nasty pitch. I guess you could maybe call it a slutter or deep cutter.

 

Anytime you see a slider that's at a fastball velo, that's usually a pretty good sign.

 

I'm sure you were being sarcastic though, lol

Definitely being sarcastic. Watched a couple IP from him a few days ago, and Barnes is nasty.

I wish I had space for all these high-K, low-ratio relievers I want to roster. There's a sea of them.

Edited by mysonx3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of valuable MR are all but picked up in my league so now I need some backdoor options.

 

Can anybody give some info about how did Marc Rzepczynski looked so far? No K's in his 4.1 in, but he looks interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

yeah, it was a nasty pitch. I guess you could maybe call it a slutter or deep cutter.

 

Anytime you see a slider that's at a fastball velo, that's usually a pretty good sign.

 

I'm sure you were being sarcastic though, lol

 

Disclaimer: don't Google "slutter" at work.


Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pap said:

Most of valuable MR are all but picked up in my league so now I need some backdoor options.

 

Can anybody give some info about how did Marc Rzepczynski looked so far? No K's in his 4.1 in, but he looks interesting. 

 

Any reliever who has zero K's is a serious red flag. Better to stay away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else using ESPN not get a Hold for Archie Bradley last night? Ended up losing my match up because of it and hoping it gets corrected...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Hand being used so sparingly thus far this year? I believe last year he led the league in relief appearances. Right now he has only 5 strikeouts across 5.2 innings versus 111 last year in 89 innings (so essentially 4.3 strikeouts across 3.4 innings per week). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, pduce242424 said:

Jacob Barnes just mowed down the Cubs, 3 up, 3 down.  K'd the side (Almora, Schwarber, Bryant).

barnes is that DUDE...own him in literally all my leagues. He was great last year too in limited action.

 

Would be amazing if he turns out to be a $1 closer in my NL only keep 10 league...one can dream...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Why is Hand being used so sparingly thus far this year? I believe last year he led the league in relief appearances. Right now he has only 5 strikeouts across 5.2 innings versus 111 last year in 89 innings (so essentially 4.3 strikeouts across 3.4 innings per week). 

 

He is a lefty and 3rd in line for setup it seems. They like Buchter as the primary set up for the great Maurer. Hand is legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

 

He is a lefty and 3rd in line for setup it seems. They like Buchter as the primary set up for the great Maurer. Hand is legit.

that padres bullpen is legit...jose torres, capps coming back.

 

Add in miguel diaz rule 5 (still developing obviously, though will prob eventually start like Perdomo). Gotta figure they will trade some of these relievers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fawkes_mulder said:

that padres bullpen is legit...jose torres, capps coming back.

 

Add in miguel diaz rule 5 (still developing obviously, though will prob eventually start like Perdomo). Gotta figure they will trade some of these relievers.

 

Yeah they definitely have some nice pieces that will have a chance to close once Maurer loses the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...