Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Altuve 2017 Outlook

I don't see him doing anything less than .315/90/20/100/30 this year. He'll get Rs and RBIs in that pretty stacked lineup (if all the young studs stay the course), he's a good bet to win the batting title, and even a slight regression in HRs is still a great number. Steals should be steady, he's not getting old yet and the Astros like to run a bit.

27 minutes ago, agg2596 said:

I don't see him doing anything less than .315/90/20/100/30 this year. He'll get Rs and RBIs in that pretty stacked lineup (if all the young studs stay the course), he's a good bet to win the batting title, and even a slight regression in HRs is still a great number. Steals should be steady, he's not getting old yet and the Astros like to run a bit.

I have a feeling the SB decline to 25 or so. I think last year was his power ceiling so I can also see that decline in HR.  maybe 15-18.

8 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

He's more of a second half guy, right?

He will be the consensus top 10 pick that has a down year.  Remember this post in September.

He won't be horrible, but won't be the Jose we have come to expect.

9 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

He's more of a second half guy, right?

2 games, dude...

Check out Bryant's stats...

33 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

He will be the consensus top 10 pick that has a down year.  Remember this post in September.

Seems reasonable after a 2/7 start.

48 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Seems reasonable after a 2/7 start.

Not based on his start at all.  It's just tough to maintain the level of excellence that he has accomplished the last few years.

I don't like him hitting 3rd at all. I don't get the manager insists on Springer leading off and his horrid SB rate. Altuve is the table-setter and while the power is a plus, he and Springer should flip. 

3 minutes ago, cad300 said:

I don't like him hitting 3rd at all. I don't get the manager insists on Springer leading off and his horrid SB rate. Altuve is the table-setter and while the power is a plus, he and Springer should flip. 

I totally agree with this. Altuve should be the one setting the table with his plus speed at the top of the lineup. Springer is a horrid base runner who keeps running into outs. I would actually put Correa in the three hole and move Springer into the cleanup spot. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

10 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Based on your extensive analysis and commentary I thank you for dropping future knowledge :bow:

On 4/5/2017 at 7:45 PM, STLSU said:

Based on your extensive analysis and commentary I thank you for dropping future knowledge :bow:

Nice start so far.

On 4/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, cad300 said:

Agree and hopefully tuve's slow start might trigger this. He's perfectly suited for lead-off.

17 hours ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

It's the first week....

I know.  But I think it is a portent of a season to come

These days when he gets one hit I am happy.

Think he's back on track now. Hopefully the power should return soon, and need him to keep the early steals pace up as his steal rates always decline as the year goes on.

To me power is gravy. If he hits .325 and scores close to 100 runs and steals at least 30 bags I will be happy with 10 homers.

Just reached based for the 10th straight plate appearance with an oppo double down the right field line.  Any concern about his slow start is a distant memory....he's baaaaacckkkkk.

Just walked again.  11 straight times on base.  Consecutive games reaching base 5/5 times.  Sorry for bringing this up again but that's crazy imo.  Gotta love being Correa hitting behind him right now.  Raised his avg from like ~.180 to ~.320 in 3 games.  Patience truly is a virtue in this game.  

10 minutes ago, Triple Crown25 said:

Just walked again.  11 straight times on base.  Consecutive games reaching base 5/5 times.  Sorry for bringing this up again but that's crazy imo.  Gotta love being Correa hitting behind him right now.  Raised his avg from like ~.180 to ~.320 in 3 games.  Patience truly is a virtue in this game.  

Totally depends on the player we're talking about.  But with a player with Altuve's track record, yes, definitely.

Agreed.  Now if Jose Bautista would actually make me not want to jab my eyes out, things would truly be looking up for the team I felt so good about offensively ?. 

Altuve should be batting leadoff, no doubt in my mind. 

Use Springer's power in the 3 hole

2 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Altuve should be batting leadoff, no doubt in my mind. 

Use Springer's power in the 3 hole

I think everyone and their mother realize this is the best way to use them, except the brilliant manager for the Astros.