Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Altuve 2017 Outlook

Love how he gets the steals in early. You know they will drop off later in the year, so can sell Altuve for a gold mine around the ASB.

Didn't think the power was a fluke either, here it comes. Both coming at the Trop, can't wait till he gets back home to start mashing. 

Just got in a brutal collision chasing down a ball in right field...would be shocked if either player remains in the game.  Altuve seems to be checking out his jaw/head.

Looked like he might have gotten whiplashed when Hernandez's arm flew into his face. No doubt he's being checked for head and neck injuries, but it was encouraging seeing him walk off looking okay.

No concussion, being called day to day. Breathing restored.

9 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

No concussion, being called day to day. Breathing restored.

*exhales* well thank goodness for that! 

My fantasy roster has been decimated. Please let it be a few days.

Shoulder issue now.

Just some soreness. He'll be back soon. Could have been WAY worse.

Just pinch hit and hit a single. Looks like he'll be back starting the next game.

Back in the lineup.  whew...

Could have been so very bad...

What's going on with Jose, K% way way up, 18%( 3 years in a row under 10% and never more than 12%). GB/FB at 2,2 and soft contact over 22%.

Got a hit in 9th and then immediately exited to clubhouse.  Announcers speculated lower leg injury perhaps?  Anyone see it?  What a day, Gomez, Polanco, Peralta, Pollock, and someone else all leaving with lower leg injury.  Does anyone stretch anymore?

58 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Got a hit in 9th and then immediately exited to clubhouse.  Announcers speculated lower leg injury perhaps?  Anyone see it?  What a day, Gomez, Polanco, Peralta, Pollock, and someone else all leaving with lower leg injury.  Does anyone stretch anymore?

Didn't see the replay of when it happened, only saw him get taken out and walking a little gingerly back on his own. It happened when Altuve ran from first to third on a single from Correa. The announcers said that he looked like he pulled up some when approaching third base kind of awkwardly.

Edited by The Analyst

I was wondering why this guy fell to me in the late second round of my points league.  

I guess everyone but me realized he might have had a career last year.

Edited by B&F

Can't find anything on an injury. Seems weird that he was pulled but the game seemed like a done deal at that juncture.

Yea so far really kicking myself taking altuve 7th overall in my points league over Bryant and Harper. Still have faith in him, but dang I was expecting at least borderline no k's.....def hasn't been the case so far.  

26 minutes ago, swnmkr12 said:

3 for 3 already with a double and a triple. A home run shy of the cycle

The box score im looking at says he has two triples and a double?

Liking the production lately, not liking the lack of steals which I need from him.

His steals always drop off as the year goes on. Dropping off early this year, only more of a 15-20SB guy?

2 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Liking the production lately, not liking the lack of steals which I need from him.

His steals always drop off as the year goes on. Dropping off early this year, only more of a 15-20SB guy?

He's on pace for 31 and steals tend to come in bunches...