Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Altuve 2017 Outlook

No one talks about him but he's having another very Altuveish year. Showing last years power surge was no fluke, and should eclipse last years runs and RBI totals the way that lineups rolling this year.

Clearly a top 5 hitter, maybe even top 3 behind Trout and Gold****.

An amazing talent and a draft 1st round worthy fantasy stud.

Edited by B&F

38 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Showing last years power surge was no fluke, and should eclipse last years runs and RBI totals the way that lineups rolling this year.

Definitely possible, although Altuve is noticeably behind pace in RBI. 

Last year, Altuve had 108/96. This year he is on pace for 108/80. 

If anything, given how amazing Houston's offense has been this year, Altuve has been extremely unlucky to have had only a 80 RBI pace hitting in the #3 hole. I suspect his RBI pace will correct and Altuve will have an even better second half. 

Edited by Rainyy

When is this guy gonna start getting the respect he deserves? Should be a top 5 consensus pick, higher in keeper leagues. Having this stud at 2B is probably the biggest positional advantage in fantasy baseball after Kershaw, and even that's debatable.

If he was taller he'd be top 3 on every list.

/rant

Jose Altuve went 2-for-4 with a double and a steal of home in Sunday's win over the Twins.

Altuve stole home when the ball got away following a strikeout of Josh Reddick in the seventh inning. The diminutive second baseman is putting another all-universe campaign together this season, slashing .349/.418/.553 with 13 homers, 51 RBI, 62 runs scored and 19 steals across 338 at-bats. He has picked up multiple hits in seven of his last 10 games.

Isn't that a passed ball or wild pitch, not a steal? Did anyone see the play?

1 minute ago, Dodgers said:

He did not go on the pass ball/wild pitch..He went on the throw to 1b for a SB of home.

Thank you. Poorly written blurb. From what I understand from you, this is how I would have written it: "Altuve stole home after strike three to Josh Reddick got away from the catcher. Altuve broke for home after the catcher threw to first base for the putout."

I play in a yahoo league and they're only giving him credit for stealing 3rd base. Also, on the MLB at bat app, he's only credited for 1 steal. So I guess he didn't technically steal home? Or is a stat correction coming?

Hmmm maybe MLB at bat has it wrong then. I was following the game feed and said he stole third. That would make sense. 

Now hitting .352 with a .970 OPS! This guy just doesn't stop. 

After his early K binge he's almost stopped striking out at all. 51 in 369ABs is ridiculous for someone who hits for power too, especially in todays K crazed age. On another 30 steal pace too which is valuable in itself in fantasy.

He really is a special hitter and someone who deserves far more love than he gets. People think he's boringly good but really he far better than that.

he could steal MVP from Judge if judge has a slow 2nd half....thoughts?

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

he could steal MVP from Judge if judge has a slow 2nd half....thoughts?

I'd actually be more surprised if he didn't overtake him. He's so solid, so consistent.

Best hitter in baseball.

Swung at the first pitch on three straight at bats today. 3-run homer, double (terrible Trumbo D) and single.

I've gotten a couple big offers for him and I decline all of them. 

4 for 4 with 2 doubles so far tonight. Extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Average is up to .365.

Sell high? Haha

This hot streak is getting ridiculous. He could quite easily be the top fantasy player this year and no2 pick next year after Trout.

over the last 30 days Altuve is hitting an even .500 with a Ruthian 1.271 OPS!!!

Oh, and he's kicked in 9 bags

Wish I owned him.

29 minutes ago, jb_power said:

over the last 30 days Altuve is hitting an even .500 with a Ruthian 1.271 OPS!!!

Oh, and he's kicked in 9 bags

Wish I owned him.

No no... Per this guy on twitter Bryce Harper has been the best hitter over the last 30 days: @mike_petriello

Stop posting here please. Don't want him to get hyped so I can get him with the 7th pick again.

For real, this dude is Top 3 - maybe even Top 1 material depending on league format. I love you Jose Altuve.

When reading the Astros box score this monster has me doing double takes.