Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Altuve 2017 Outlook

As astros fan I want altuve for the rest of his career.  Time for astros to tear up contract and extend him. 

The well known studs don't get talked about much on here, usually unless they are slumping and not doing what's expected of them. Altuve is arguably doing even more than expected, he is someone you build a team around that can win you a championship. His high AVG is even more valuable nowdays with the lack of .300 hitters around.

On 2017-7-25 at 10:22 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

.365 for the season so far in this era of travel and specialty relief pitchers and defensive shifts etc is up at Ted William's level when he hit over .400.

Yep and to provide power/speed and OBP is just unique, especially at 2B. He's special and we should just enjoy watching him. At 5ft nothing we may never see anyone hit like him again.

With Kershaw's injuries, Altuve is the clear no2 pick next year imo. Everything he's doing is phenomenal (even improved his SB success to top it off).

Edited by swfcdan

Pulled from tonight's game after his third at bat. Speculation on Twitter is he may have strained his neck during that at bat, anyone happen to see it?

Edited by Jub Jub

40 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Any updates? Wondering if he'll play tonight.

Just saw he's out of the lineup tonight.

Reached 20-30 again. Insane AVG (highest by a distance) and OPS (6th best) and highest figures of his career. 5th highest OBP in mlb, and his best SB% this season. This guy is a dwarf amongst men, not to mention a gamer, plays and produces even when dinged up which is such a rarity in baseball. Clear top 3 pick next year, I'd take him 2nd after Trout.

Is it possible he even has another level to reach next year?

Edited by swfcdan

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Little Altuve continues to be elite every season. Love that power from such a wee guy.

al mvp?

11 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Reached 20-30 again. Insane AVG (highest by a distance) and OPS (6th best) and highest figures of his career. 5th highest OBP in mlb, and his best SB% this season. This guy is a dwarf amongst men, not to mention a gamer, plays and produces even when dinged up which is such a rarity in baseball. Clear top 3 pick next year, I'd take him 2nd after Trout.

Is it possible he even has another level to reach next year?

trout, goldie, then altuve

6 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

trout, goldie, then altuve

That's probably accurate. In points leagues, Altuve would probably go before Goldy due to the difference in K%.

I've argued Altuve over Trout for #1 due to position scarcity for a while now. I know I'm in the minority but 2B is just so weak these days while OF is as strong as ever. 

No one can touch Tuve at 2B in my points league.  I can not see ever trading Tuve, Belly nor Triple T.  There is no replacement, e.g. Tuve 740 pts Ramirez 675 Schoop 664.  Similarly for comparison's sake, Goldy has like an 80 pt lead on Rizzo (3rd) and just 30 over Votto.  

4 minutes ago, STLSU said:

No one can touch Tuve at 2B in my points league.  I can not see ever trading Tuve, Belly nor Triple T.  There is no replacement, e.g. Tuve 740 pts Ramirez 675 Schoop 664.  Similarly for comparison's sake, Goldy has like an 80 pt lead on Rizzo (3rd) and just 30 over Votto.  

In my points league, only Blackmon and Sale have more points than Altuve. It's amazing how good he is. 

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

In my points league, only Blackmon and Sale have more points than Altuve. It's amazing how good he is. 

yup he is one of those guys who raises the level of play of the entire team a la Michael Jordan, Mike Trout, Daniel Murphy...