swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

Yea this is why I spring for him almost ever year. Sure when guys like cam were actually good you could wait but he is awful anymore, and other guys are just wishy washy. Brady is worth it for peace of mind , set and forget it type player in which you're lookin at 25 minimum almsot and potentially 40 to 50 if he's totally going balls to the wall.

Fantasy changes so much within the first 3 weeks in terms of wr and rbs from the draft, but one thing that never changes is how the goat will almost guaranteed get you those reliable points. 

Edited by Savatage79

9 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Yea this is why I spring for him almost ever year. Sure when guys like cam were actually good you could wait but he is awful anymore, and other guys are just wishy washy. Brady is worth it for peace of mind , set and forget it type player in which you're lookin at 25 minimum almsot and potentially 40 to 50 if he's totally going balls to the wall.

Fantasy changes so much within the first 3 weeks in terms of wr and rbs from the draft, but one thing that never changes is how the goat will almost guaranteed get you those reliable points. 

agree 100%. 

knowing that 30 points will be sitting there every week is just so worth it. took him top of the 3rd and not looking back

14 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

im literally going back and forth with throwing this logic out the window, and offering quite a damn bit for him. Going to take a 2 for 2 or 2 for 3, so gotta get creative, but man he's on one of those rolls where he can absolutely carry you to wins every week.

Logic?  By whom?  The so-called experts?  Well I graduated from using their advice solely long ago.  Only as a starting consulting point.  I give the executive orders! 

Why would I drafted him early?  Rule#1 consistency....no one is better in the game.  Yeah draft that high WR or high RB who may bust or may be injured.  Tom has earned my trust.

Rule#2 Upside...When you have a single player who is capable of dropping 5 megaton TDs or more on any given week, you best respect and fear that team.

Unless he's on your team of course.  :D

Just now, oliminator123 said:

What's Brady's value?

Would you be looking for a Bell/Hunt/AB 1-for-1 kind of trade?

I wouldn't trade him for anyone but if you need a RB..I wouldn't take less than Hunt.

As someone who picked David Johnson for my first pick ........taking Brady sure seems like a brilliant move. And I'm one of those "Get a qb late" believers too.

48 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Do Pats fans feel it's necessary to call him the "GOAT" after every win? Even a regular season game against a rookie QB and below avg team?

After every win, no it's not necessary.

I think it's warranted given the fact that he led yet another fantastic 4th Q drive to win the game.

• Like 1

The Patriots defense looks horrible this year. Good for fantasy, expecting a lot more shootouts. Looking similar to Peyton's big year right now...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 4:18 AM, edwin23 said:

The Patriots defense looks horrible this year. Good for fantasy, expecting a lot more shootouts. Looking similar to Peyton's big year right now...

and Brady's last year with a bad defense -- 2011 when he threw for 5200+ yards.

18 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

With the worst D in the league, Brady is going to put up 45 plus TDs this year to keep the Pats in every game.    

Gotta agree that Brady's value has skyrocketed compared to what was expected of him going into this season. The defense is beyond horrendous. 

On a sidenote, Brady has been absolutely pummeled and was rumored to be injured in the last game. If they keep up this rate of him getting hit, I wonder if he'll make it a full season. He is a gritty player and has played hurt before, but I wonder how much beating his 40-year old body can take. And make no mistake, he has taken a lot of hits in these last 4 games. Teams know they're throwing and are pinning their ears back gunning for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gimme the ball said:

Gotta agree that Brady's value has skyrocketed compared to what was expected of him going into this season. The defense is beyond horrendous. 

On a sidenote, Brady has been absolutely pummeled and was rumored to be injured in the last game. If they keep up this rate of him getting hit, I wonder if he'll make it a full season. He is a gritty player and has played hurt before, but I wonder how much beating his 40-year old body can take. And make no mistake, he has taken a lot of hits in these last 4 games. Teams know they're throwing and are pinning their ears back gunning for him. 

I don't understand this.  They have 4 RBs (Well when Burk comes back), to run the ball.  

Is the O-line worse at run blocking than pass-blocking?  I really haven't paid much attention because their D has put them in catch-up mode every game it seems.  

40 minutes ago, balotelli773 said:

They're 2-2 it's clear its Garrapollo time, Brady is over the hill.

:mellow:    :angry:    :lol:

3 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

On a sidenote, Brady has been absolutely pummeled and was rumored to be injured in the last game. If they keep up this rate of him getting hit, I wonder if he'll make it a full season.

He was playing against an elite defense (CAR).  He only has two remaining tough matchups for the rest of the season, DEN and PIT.

Brady has a bye week 9 and then plays at Denver week 10. Off the top of their head does anyone know of a streamable qb who has good matchups for those two weeks? I'll look into it later when I have time but just wondering if anyone has looked into that yet.

11 hours ago, Elcapitan said:

Brady has a bye week 9 and then plays at Denver week 10. Off the top of their head does anyone know of a streamable qb who has good matchups for those two weeks? I'll look into it later when I have time but just wondering if anyone has looked into that yet.

Tyrod has been the guy I’m leaning on fornthose weeks.  Watson might have decent matchups as well

Thank you Tom for crapping the bed in what is one of your best matchups of the season. Going against him this week, and I was expecting a 25-30 burger.

That being said, of course he'll be fine going forward. TNF is wacky. He turned the ball over two times.

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Thank you Tom for crapping the bed in what is one of your best matchups of the season. Going against him this week, and I was expecting a 25-30 burger.

That being said, of course he'll be fine going forward. TNF is wacky. He turned the ball over two times.

I think the moral of the story is don't play QB's who play on Thursday's. It's a crapshoot.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

I think the moral of the story is don't play QB's who play on Thursday's. It's a crapshoot.

It's tough. Goff and Hoyer played absolutely great a few weeks ago. TNF just needs to end. It's an awful experiment and experience. The game last night was at least packed from a fan perspective and crowd cheering perspective.

The patriots don't usually stall out in the red zone. Probably Tom's worst game of the season. But, he clearly misses Gronk. Who wouldn't?

Brady took another beating last night. He's not gonna make it the rest of the season if this keeps up. Some of y'all may wanna call Belichick.

1 minute ago, gimme the ball said:

Brady took another beating last night. He's not gonna make it the rest of the season if this keeps up. Some of y'all may wanna call Belichick.

or pick up Grapp for back-up.

7 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Definitely a concern especially considering that TB had one whole sack coming into the game.