swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

Thanks everyone for pointing this out.  I finally figured it out why things went wrong.....

Halloween is coming.  :(

12 minutes ago, The Answer said:

With all the hits and a tough matchup after the bye, who are you stashing?

Jets are considered tough?  

12 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Jets are considered tough?  

After the bye.  Denver is considered tough

Something crazy would have to happen for me to sit a healthy Brady but I have Dak and Watson on my bench...  Insurance I'd really like would be Winston.

Jameis Winston and Nick Folk killed us.  Because of their ineptitude, the Pats took the foot off the pedal.  Also, bad field position was a problem.

8 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Jameis Winston and Nick Folk killed us.  Because of their ineptitude, the Pats took the foot off the pedal.  Also, bad field position was a problem.

I agree and I think it is a bit unfortunate they didn't get burned.  Gronk being gone I think hurt too because the bucs were gonna have a real hard time covering him.  Their D is still atrocious.

5 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

Something crazy would have to happen for me to sit a healthy Brady but I have Dak and Watson on my bench...  Insurance I'd really like would be Winston.

You have two QBs on your bench behind Brady?  Seems like a major waste for most formats.

• Like 1

Brady's injured. Told you it would happen. Great job, Bill! Everyone's expendable, well there ya go, let's see Jimmy the Galloping Chicken pull off the same 4th quarter comebacks. 

• Like 1

Sprained AC joint.

Lucky it's not his 40-year old throwing shoulder.

I think D-lineman are a little extra motivated to land a good hit on Brady...

1) He thinks he can play until 45.

2) He's a Trump supporter.

55 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Brady's injured. Told you it would happen. Great job, Bill! Everyone's expendable, well there ya go, let's see Jimmy the Galloping Chicken pull off the same 4th quarter comebacks. 

Calm down, its a sprain to his non throwing shoulder. 

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

not going to worry until it is his throwing shoulder

You do realize both shoulders are involved to throw an accurate pass.

If he injures this further in a game beyond his pain tolerance there is no way Bill is keeping his golden boy in the game.

21 minutes ago, Juke said:

You do realize both shoulders are involved to throw an accurate pass.

If he injures this further in a game beyond his pain tolerance there is no way Bill is keeping his golden boy in the game.

yes, your entire body is involved, but as long as his throwing shoulder is fine he can continue to play, it is game over if it is his throwing shoulder, it isn't game over if it is the other shoulder.  so why be concerned over it?  it isn't enough information to actually sit him or start to scour for replacements.  now if there is data taht says a qb can't be effective with a sprained AC joint in the non throwing shoulder that is different.  but i don't believe that is the case here.  the season is 17 weeks and brady is a little banged up.  unless any of that will limit him what does it matter. 

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

yes, your entire body is involved, but as long as his throwing shoulder is fine he can continue to play, it is game over if it is his throwing shoulder, it isn't game over if it is the other shoulder.  so why be concerned over it?  it isn't enough information to actually sit him or start to scour for replacements.  now if there is data taht says a qb can't be effective with a sprained AC joint in the non throwing shoulder that is different.  but i don't believe that is the case here.  the season is 17 weeks and brady is a little banged up.  unless any of that will limit him what does it matter. 

I think you should be concerned because of all the hits Brady has taken.  The sprain may just be the beginning.

I was actually forgoing a backup for my Brady teams, but this should kinda be a wakeup call and if you can grab a decent backup, maybe it's time to do it.

Just now, RustyMiller said:

I think you should be concerned because of all the hits Brady has taken.  The sprain may just be the beginning.

I was actually forgoing a backup for my Brady teams, but this should kinda be a wakeup call and if you can grab a decent backup, maybe it's time to do it.

previous hits have nothing to do with it. it is the next hit.  and if that is the case of concern then you better back up everyone, because every player has a chance at injury every time they are hit?  how many hits he has taken in the past isn't relevant.  it doesn't make you any more or any less likely to get injured. 

4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

previous hits have nothing to do with it. it is the next hit.  and if that is the case of concern then you better back up everyone, because every player has a chance at injury every time they are hit?  how many hits he has taken in the past isn't relevant.  it doesn't make you any more or any less likely to get injured. 

But he is taking alot more sacks than ever before. More hits, more chances of getting injured.  All I'm saying is I'm picking up a backup if a decent one becomes available.  It might be wise for other people to do it too.

10 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

But he is taking alot more sacks than ever before. More hits, more chances of getting injured.  All I'm saying is I'm picking up a backup if a decent one becomes available.  It might be wise for other people to do it too.

just take Jimmy G then, doubt he is on anyone's roster. and you're not going to bench Brady unless he is inactive.  and at that point  Jimmy G is better than just about any other middling QB out there anyways

4 hours ago, Panthor said:

previous hits have nothing to do with it.

What? Of course they do, especially when you're 40.

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

What? Of course they do, especially when you're 40.

previous hits don't make you any more likely to get  injured.  they happened in the past.    now a previous injury to the same body part is a different story.  you are confusing an injury with getting hit.  or hits eventually wearing you down to the point where you aren't very effective.  that is completely different from getting injured.  the hits that Brady has taken over his career have no bearing on his likely of getting injured this year.  (that is what the Madden cover is for, LOL).  you can argue that all those hits are going to start to add up and he will not be good, but you can't say it is going to make him more susceptible to injury.

Are any of you concerned about him making it through the whole season?  Anybody roster a backup qb?

4 hours ago, Panthor said:

the hits that Brady has taken over his career have no bearing on his likely of getting injured this year. 

I'm talking about hits this season:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4806567/rising-total-of-hits-on-tom-brady-a-growing-concern-for-patriots

"Through five games, Brady has now taken 32 hits and been sacked 16 times." That's a whole lot of abuse for a 40yo guy and those hits WILL affect the chance of him getting new injuries.

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm talking about hits this season:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4806567/rising-total-of-hits-on-tom-brady-a-growing-concern-for-patriots

"Through five games, Brady has now taken 32 hits and been sacked 16 times." That's a whole lot of abuse for a 40yo guy and those hits WILL affect the chance of him getting new injuries.

Yup

52 minutes ago, The Answer said:

Are any of you concerned about him making it through the whole season?  Anybody roster a backup qb?

I am concerned and try to keep a high priority waiver pick for Grap. I have him in 2QB league and it’s scarce QBs.