swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

I have him in an autodraft league and I'm very concerned. I will ride him until the wheels come off, but you better believe I've got a backup.

Unfortunately that backup (Wentz) plays on Thursday, so I'll have clenched butt-cheeks until Sunday, hoping Brady really plays and scores big. I need you, Tom.

17 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I have him in an autodraft league and I'm very concerned. I will ride him until the wheels come off, but you better believe I've got a backup.

Unfortunately that backup (Wentz) plays on Thursday, so I'll have clenched butt-cheeks until Sunday, hoping Brady really plays and scores big. I need you, Tom.

I’m not so worried about this week but thinking more down the road.  If he keeps taking a beating it will catch up to him.  Goff is the only qb on the wire right now and I’m not ready to roster him as a backup.  

Just now, The Answer said:

I’m not so worried about this week but thinking more down the road.  If he keeps taking a beating it will catch up to him.  Goff is the only qb on the wire right now and I’m not ready to roster him as a backup.  

why not just grab Jimmy G, we already know he is more than capable of filling in.  as a matter of fact there is virtually no drop off

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

why not just grab Jimmy G, we already know he is more than capable of filling in.  as a matter of fact there is virtually no drop off

Not a bad idea.  It could be tough come bye week for Brady but I guess better safe than sorry.  

I'd prefer Goff who I think has some value on his own, but Garropolo could be an option if you have a very deep bench.

Yes, in general my concern for Brady is ROS, but I just wanted to say I'll be just as concerned this week.

1 hour ago, The Answer said:

Are any of you concerned about him making it through the whole season?  Anybody roster a backup qb?

I bit the bullet this week and picked up a back-up just in case. I think he'll be fine this week but the number if hits he is taking is certainly concerning.

Tom Brady (left shoulder) returned to practice Wednesday, Jeff Howe of The Boston Herald reports. Brady was held out of Tuesday's practice with a minor injury in his non-throwing shoulder. (Source: Boston Herald)

18 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I'd prefer Goff who I think has some value on his own, but Garropolo could be an option if you have a very deep bench.

Yes, in general my concern for Brady is ROS, but I just wanted to say I'll be just as concerned this week.

322 yards 

4 touchdowns 

mark it, dude. 

4 hours ago, The Answer said:

322 yards 

4 touchdowns 

mark it, dude. 

I'll take the under on both, but boy do I want you to be right.

• Like 1

Extra rest, extra time to gameplan, important divisional game. What is everyone afraid of exactly? Guy is a professional and insane competitor. A little premature with sounding the alarms this week, methinks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Extra rest, extra time to gameplan, important divisional game. What is everyone afraid of exactly? Guy is a professional and insane competitor. A little premature with sounding the alarms this week, methinks.

I like the way you think, methink.  :D

I hate it when the Patriots defense comes to play.  Once Belichick knows he has the opposing offense's number, the Patriots offense gets so conservative.  If Tampa and Atlanta had not been so pathetic on offense, Brady would have had a lot more points in those games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I hate it when the Patriots defense comes to play.  Once Belichick knows he has the opposing offense's number, the Patriots offense gets so conservative.  If Tampa and Atlanta had not been so pathetic on offense, Brady would have had a lot more points in those games.

Sadly I think we’re looking at a lot of similar gsmescripts but here’s hoping the D starts sucking again. Seems like they’re currently rotating good/bad games on D.

A disturbing trend has developed:  the Patriots defense is no longer a sieve.  Shootouts are a thing of the past.  :(

Q: The score was in the teens for most of the game. Is that a style of play your team is comfortable playing? 

BB: What are you talking about?

Q: Do you prefer the low-scoring, grind-it-out type of games?

BB: We prefer to win. I mean, I don’t know.

lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean he has the safest floor out of any QB.  he's almost guaranteed to get you around 18 points.  sprinkle in a few 24 and 30 pointers and im good

8 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Q: Do you prefer the low-scoring, grind-it-out type of games?
BB: We prefer to win. I mean, I don’t know.

lastjoyousalpinegoat.gif?w=640&h=448

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, matanp said:

I mean he has the safest floor out of any QB.  he's almost guaranteed to get you around 18 points.  sprinkle in a few 24 and 30 pointers and im good

Problem is that you took him as a third rounder at the latest and he hasn’t been a difference maker at the QB slot since week 3. I’m personally disappointed with him as my starter all things considered.

Now it looks like Hogan may be injured, capping his TD upside even more.

13 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Problem is that you took him as a third rounder at the latest and he hasn’t been a difference maker at the QB slot since week 3.

Good point. I got him in an autodraft league and was actually looking around to trade him (maybe to the Rodgers owner) as I have Wentz as a backup.

36 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Now it looks like Hogan may be injured, capping his TD upside even more.

IN before ....

Image result for martavis bryant memes

CSB (Brady):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-bill-belichick-said-when-the-49ers-asked-if-tom-brady-was-available-for-trade/

"So Lynch calls back," Glazer continued, "and actually asks Bill Belichick: 'Alright, so if Garoppolo is off limits, would you trade us Tom Brady?'"

Belichick's response: "What did you just ask me?!"

"[Lynch] said, 'I'm asking, would you trade us Tom Brady? You said Garoppolo is off limits.'"

"Did you just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady? ... Did you just ask if I'd trade the greatest quarterback of all time?"

"And [Lynch] said, 'So is that a no?'"

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone has said this all year, so let me be the first.

This guy sucks!

He got zero points this week!

He costed me the W!

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

CSB (Brady):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-bill-belichick-said-when-the-49ers-asked-if-tom-brady-was-available-for-trade/

"So Lynch calls back," Glazer continued, "and actually asks Bill Belichick: 'Alright, so if Garoppolo is off limits, would you trade us Tom Brady?'"

Belichick's response: "What did you just ask me?!"

"[Lynch] said, 'I'm asking, would you trade us Tom Brady? You said Garoppolo is off limits.'"

"Did you just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady? ... Did you just ask if I'd trade the greatest quarterback of all time?"

"And [Lynch] said, 'So is that a no?'"

xByII.jpg?fb