swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

7 minutes ago, helmholtz_watson said:

Glad I traded him for Hunt after pat’s bye and actually saw qb scoring increase after doing so (got Ben). Def won’t consider  drafting Brady before the 6th round at the earliest next yearr. 

Cool trade story bro. 

• Like 1

It's perplexing to me why he is continually ranked a top 3 option on all the major fantasy sites.

Just now, TTo34 said:

It's perplexing to me why he is continually ranked a top 3 option on all the major fantasy sites.

Name. Same reason Julio, AJG, and other are constantly in the top 3 despite bad performance. 

Given Brady's recent struggles and historic issues against Buffalo, I've grabbed Foles and am seriously considering an emergency start in the championship game...not a bench coach question - kinda - but is anyone else considering safer options? I feel like Tom will get his piece but the ceiling is tempered

• Haha 1

with the news (not news?) that brady's quack-doctor has been stripped of some team privileges by belichick, does this indicate any cracks in the relationship?

sounds like he needed to go.. magic concussion juice? wtf?

If I were alive, I'd be leaning towards playing Goff (against the Titans) over Brady.

• Like 1

Does  DT Kyle Williams and CB E.J. Gaines possibly being out Sunday add to Brady's value?

Finally made it to the "ship" and trying to decide between Brady, Goff, and Winston...

Kyle Williams being out would be more of a reason to run the ball against one of the worst rush defenses in the league.

Sitting Brady in the fantasy finals is crazy talk.

Good luck to those who do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

275/3 to win owners the Championship!!

On 22/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, dmb3684 said:

Sitting Brady in the fantasy finals is crazy talk.

Good luck to those who do.

Anyone who even considers benching Brady or gronk  in the finals, deserves to lose and come in second 

Never sit your studs.  Unfortunately, Brady isn't a stud, so the decision is tough if you have another good QB.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Anyone who even considers benching Brady or gronk  in the finals, deserves to lose and come in second 

I had a moment of insanity/panic....I'm rolling with who got me to my first championship: Brady all day!

• Like 1

Brady will be a better FF qb next year when he has Edleman back. 

6 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

And his draft price should go down a round or so u'd believe...but never say never, a historic playoff run is always a possibility which would redeem his current draft value.  

Best thing to do with Brady, if he is healthy to start 2018, is use him for the first ten games or so while you hunt for the next Wentz/Goff/Garapolo to use down the stretch.  When it is cold, the Pats get into some tight games and focus a lot on the running game.

• Like 1

I believe the Pats would have scored more points this season with Garoppolo at QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I believe the Pats would have scored more points this season with Garoppolo at QB.

Belichick probably does, too.  But he could not get rid of fan favorite Tom Brady 

11 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The biggest difference maker next to Gronk that props up his game. 

If Tom Brady wins MVP this year, the MVP race is trash.

In no way should he be the favorite to win MVP, if we're talking football.

But if he wins, it's all just a popularity contest on "Who is the bigger name in Football".

• Like 3

Brady has soured me.  Nothing to do from a real football perspective, but I should have never fallen for him.  He is atrocious in fantasy playoff time.  Burned by Brady this year.  He played excellent this year, but not MVP excellent.

Same here.  I made it to the semifinals despite him.

My fault for trying to recapture 2007 by drafting him.

Remember when Tom Brady was outplayed over a 5 game stretch this season by Josh McGown despite the fact that Brady is on a Super Bowl team and McGown is on, well, the Jets?

Here is another interesting statistical nugget from Brady's 2017 season:

"In December, he completed just 61.3% of his passes and completed a TD-INT ratio of 6-5 for a passer rating of 81.6. Those are Brock Osweiler numbers."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/overlooked-detail-in-espn-story-that-should-concern-pats-fans/ar-BBI7day?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

MVP?

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1