swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

I'm sure i'm not the only one that's working with the theory Brady wont finish top 3 qb or even top 5 this season in points simply. I'm basing it on NE will run the ball at least 50% (best looking backfield talent on paper  they have had had in years) and the defense will be even better than last year. i dont think brady is going to need to throw as much particularly in the red zone

I welcome the Friends of Gisele and Her Boy Toy responses.

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

I'm sure i'm not the only one that's working with the theory Brady wont finish top 3 qb or even top 5 this season in points simply. I'm basing it on NE will run the ball at least 50% and the defense will be even better than last year.

if I remember correctly - I think someone recently posted a stat about how the Pats continue to throw it in the second half, no matter the lead. 

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

if I remember correctly - I think someone recently posted a stat about how the Pats continue to throw it in the second half, no matter the lead. 

very possible but I'm predicting that changes, more running and runnng and running

7 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

what is it of? unfort twitter blocked at new work ...travesty to be honest 

Tom Brady deep throw completion percentage. 

2012: 33.3%

2013: 30.3%

2014: 28.3%

2015: 35.8%

2016: 46.9%

Unless he's about the fall into the mouth of the same Sarlacc monster that ate Peyton Manning, Brady has the weapons to be the QB1 in fantasy this year. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say he's got nearly a 50-50 shot at it, possibly more. It pains me to admit it, but Gronk, Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, James White, Dion Lewis, and Dwayne Allen is a smörgåsbord of weapons. He had 3500+ yards, 28 TDs, and 2 picks in 12 starts, seven of which were without Gronk, and now Cooks is in the fold, and White and Mitchell are on the rise. 

• Like 4

Whatever the league expects the Patriots do they will do something else. When the league finally figures out an answer to whatever the Patriots are doing Belichick will either double down and do it more or find some unexpected plan of attack. I really enjoy when I get to take that extra RB or WR and snag Brady as the 3rd-5th QB off the board. 

There is no one I feel safer about making sure my team is in the position to win every week. 

• Like 1

When is Ndamukong Suh going to do this to Brady? Been 2 years now, still waiting.

Don't ever doubt Tom Brady. There running game is not the handoff game. It's the short pass and dump off. Blount got his tds last year, but didn't matter...brady was still very good post suspension. I'm not pulling him in top 3 rounds because he's a qb but he's almost a lock to finish top 5 if he is healthy all year. Besides A-Rod, maybe Brees, I just can't imagine many others passing him. If you can, throw names out there....

2 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

:lol:

I hate watching him use his legs he just looks like a guy break dancing to a waltz

Maybe in some alternate universe they run more than they do pass...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattice1 said:

Don't ever doubt Tom Brady. There running game is not the handoff game. It's the short pass and dump off. Blount got his tds last year, but didn't matter...brady was still very good post suspension. I'm not pulling him in top 3 rounds because he's a qb but he's almost a lock to finish top 5 if he is healthy all year. Besides A-Rod, maybe Brees, I just can't imagine many others passing him. If you can, throw names out there....

If NE somehow loses a game before week 14 (they very well may not), I can only imagine the predicament Brady (or Gronk) owners might find themselves in come fantasy playoff time.  While streaming QBs in the playoffs can be the ticket to a league title, I'd prefer not to be forced into it while my 40 year old stud starter is freshening up for the NFL post-season.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

If he's still the same Tom Brady he's easily going for 40+ TD's.  I'd take him over Rodgers this year.  There's no reason to think he won't be better than Rodgers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

If he's still the same Tom Brady he's easily going for 40+ TD's.  I'd take him over Rodgers this year.  There's no reason to think he won't be better than Rodgers.

This.

Rodgers and the GB passing offense is due for some TD regression, while NE...definitely isn't with the return of Gronk and addition of Cooks. 

Would easily take Brady over Rodgers this year. No reason TB12 can't reach 45-50 TD passes if he plays 16 games. 

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Rodgers rushing yards/TDs is actually one good reason.

It's a coin flip for me.  If I had both of them in front of me I'd take Brady just because it feels more like he's going to do something historic this year, and because Rodgers lost two really good linemen.  But it's really just a coin flip I think.  If they don't finish 1 and 2 I'll be shocked, or they'll be injured.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Rodgers rushing yards/TDs is actually one good reason.

It's a coin flip for me.  If I had both of them in front of me I'd take Brady just because it feels more like he's going to do something historic this year, and because Rodgers lost two really good linemen.  But it's really just a coin flip I think.  If they don't finish 1 and 2 I'll be shocked, or they'll be injured.

Historic? Change his hair-gel and Brady will have a historic meltdown. Guaranteed

• Like 1

I'm just nervous spending a third round pick on a 40 year old. Yes I know we're not talking about just any 40 year old, but nobody defeats father time and sometimes it is a STEEP drop off. 

Brady or Brees?  

Brees for sure should put up more yardage.

My concern with Brady is they will run more...but then with Brees having AP and Ingram, they may try to punch it in more at the goal line.  otherwise, I don't get why everyone has Brees ranked 3rd when he has been a stud as well.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:36 PM, dashoe said:

I'm sure i'm not the only one that's working with the theory Brady wont finish top 3 qb or even top 5 this season in points simply. I'm basing it on NE will run the ball at least 50% (best looking backfield talent on paper  they have had had in years) and the defense will be even better than last year. i dont think brady is going to need to throw as much particularly in the red zone

The Patriots had 18 rushing TD's leave via free agency (all from Blount).  Half of those couldn't end up going to the passing game.  Brady was on pace for 38 TD's last season, and now he has Brandin Cooks, Dwayne Allen, and Gronk is back.

LeGarrette Blount had 68 red zone rushing attempts.  15 more than the 2nd highest.

You mentioned the backfield talent but most of them excel at catching passes out of the backfield.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 2:36 PM, dashoe said:

I'm basing it on NE will run the ball at least 50% (best looking backfield talent on paper  they have had had in years)

8 minutes ago, yojiveself said:

My concern with Brady is they will run more...

You don't trade your first round pick for Brandon Cooks to run the ball more.

3 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

You don't trade your first round pick for Brandon Cooks to run the ball more.

You don't spend more than you have in ten years on a running back, then do it again on another running back, to run less.

I'm a Patriots fan. I have no idea what sort of run-pass splits to expect. I think the Patriots would like to feel comfortable going into a game planning to run 60% of the time or to throw 80% of the time. They now have the personnel to do either should the opportunity or necessity arise. That has the added benefit of making it yet more difficult for defenses to prepare for them.

I'd say the personnel moves point towards a desire to have flexibility and unpredictability with regard to their tendencies. Throughout the season, I'd expect to see a bit of it all. How that washes out in the end is debatable. In a vacuum, though, I think they'd like to limit wear on Brady's arm and hits he takes in his age 40 season, even in the event they have a season as dominant as 2007. I don't see passing records being broken, even if they have the pieces to threaten some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irvnasty said:

You don't spend more than you have in ten years on a running back, then do it again on another running back, to run less.

I'm a Patriots fan. I have no idea what sort of run-pass splits to expect. I think the Patriots would like to feel comfortable going into a game planning to run 60% of the time or to throw 80% of the time. They now have the personnel to do either should the opportunity or necessity arise. That has the added benefit of making it yet more difficult for defenses to prepare for them.

I'd say the personnel moves point towards a desire to have flexibility and unpredictability with regard to their tendencies. Throughout the season, I'd expect to see a bit of it all. How that washes out in the end is debatable. In a vacuum, though, I think they'd like to limit wear on Brady's arm and hits he takes in his age 40 season, even in the event they have a season as dominant as 2007. I don't see passing records being broken, even if they have the pieces to threaten some.

They don't have to run "more" just because they signed a RB.  They already ran the ball the 3rd most in the league last year.  The key here is that they ran the ball in the red zone more than anyone in the league because they had Blount, now they don't.

9 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

and in other BREAKING NEWS- Tom Brady reveals his favorite smoothie recipes. . . .:o

I guess the big queston is. do u spend a 3rd round pick on him because if u don't grab him there, u know someone else will.