swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Jason497 said:

Brady's throws were terribly erratic. Wildly overthrowing guys 10 yards away. He did a jump pass on a 5 yard crossing route that went right in the dirt. When he tried to go deep it just floated there forever. The one long completion he did have to Cooks would have been a touchdown if it wasn't underthrown. He couldn't thread the needle in tight coverage like he used to. 

This performance looked every bit as bad as 2015 Peyton Manning. Maybe I'm overreacting but it really looked to me like his age started to show tonight. If he has a bad game against the saints next week...might be time to start looking in another direction.

I came here to say this. 

At times his receivers had the defense boxed out and he couldn't put passes on the correct shoulder

It definitely reminded me of manning, but I'm not going to go there yet because we've seen Brady have some struggles and then just explode. So I'm hoping it was simply an off night with a chiefs D that was playing pretty well also. I personally don't see how a matter of a few months can change a guy like Brady to such degree, that's why I'm sure they'll figure it out although the lack of Edelman does mess with Brady 

Edited by Savatage79

5 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

It definitely reminded me of manning, but I'm not going to go there yet because we've seen Brady have some struggles and then just explode. So I'm hoping it was simply an off night with a chiefs D that was playing pretty well also. I personally don't see how a matter of a few months can change a guy like Brady to such degree, that's why I'm sure they'll figure it out although the lack of Edelman does mess with Brady 

Hmm, is Favre the only qb to ever have a good year over 40. I have trouble seeing the rest of Brads's season be like this. 

I think Tom will be fine.

Pats got rattled. Lost Amendola. Lost Hightower. Some piss poor routes run by the wideouts at times. Gronk is clearly not back yet. They got their faces kicked in by a team that was better prepared for the game as well as the bright lights.

Relax.  He threw a pass 60 yards in the air and dropped it right in Cooks' bucket.  For those that are comparing him to 2015 Manning, did you actually watch Manning that year?  He couldn't throw the ball 30 yards without it turning into a fluttering duck.  Relax everyone.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Relax.  He threw a pass 60 yards in the air and dropped it right in Cooks' bucket.  For those that are comparing him to 2015 Manning, did you actually watch Manning that year?  He couldn't throw the ball 30 yards without it turning into a fluttering duck.  Relax everyone.

It's just a loose comparison, doesn't mean pound for pound or pass for pass he looked identical but those floaters and huge off target passes just had a slight "feel" of manning, that's all. But I am sure he will right the ship 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Definitely no where near Manning in that year, that throw from his 20 to KC's 20 was perfect. Eric Berry had Gronk locked down and that definitely won't happen again next year.

Now what I would honestly be afraid of looks like Madden Curse coming in the form of a running game. They have no passing offense, besides passes to the RBs in the flats, when they get in the red zone which is MG had so many TDs. Next game I would think those targets go to Gronk as right now MG scored every Patriots TD. 

Yea it looked really bad.. crazy how a only 6 months can make such a big difference. Looks like father time is going to stay undefeated. He was downright terrible tonite, if this ship doesnt get righted in NOLA, it likely means its a quick spiral downward from there

He looked terrible. Hopefully he shakes the rust off any 40 year old would have from the off season and be ok. Hard to think he will though. 

• Like 1

There is going to be a lot of over reaction theatre happening this week both here and in the sports media. But it will mostly be just that, over reaction to one game. 

I am not going to deny that he a number of throws that were wild. But there were throws that were perfectly placed that were not caught due to the receiver being interfered with, a good defensive play, or the receiver just dropping it. He had one TD overturned, and those PI calls turned into Gilislee TDs. 

The biggest problem is the injuries. Edelman is obvious. The lesser discussed injury is Malcolm Mitchell. It took them half of 2016, but they established an excellent rapport. Still though, Brady has made it work with just awful receivers before. It's just a matter of how long it takes for him to get on the same page.

Everyone needs to relax a little bit. The Manning comparisons are laughable and lazy. Manning was half crippled in that final season and had lost the power in his throws. That was certainly not the case with Brady. I'd be curious of other age 40+ QBs have ever had a completion for as long as his 60 yard (in the air) as he did last night. The only commonality with those two right now is the age.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

So how many of you took Brady in third and passed on Hunt?

Monday morning QBing/ hindsight 20/20 analysis. lol

Relax until next week...Bellichick will adjust, and Brady will be Brady.It was more of what KC was doing to the Pats not Brady's skill set deteriorating. 

• Like 2

Love the overreaction this morning. 

Gronk was covered pretty well by Berry. All those PI turned into Rushing TD. Hogan was MIA whole game. KC Defense showed up = All blames to Tom Brady? Relax... Brady was Brady and he will be Brady. He could easily had 2 TD and over 300 yards if people were open, caught balls and less Penalty calls. 

TBH BUY Brady if you can if the owner is overreacting like half of you guys here. LOL 

Tom Brady's 44.4% completion percentage was 6th lowest of his career last night. 

6 hours ago, Jason497 said:

Brady's throws were terribly erratic. Wildly overthrowing guys 10 yards away. He did a jump pass on a 5 yard crossing route that went right in the dirt. When he tried to go deep it just floated there forever. The one long completion he did have to Cooks would have been a touchdown if it wasn't underthrown. He couldn't thread the needle in tight coverage like he used to. 

This performance looked every bit as bad as 2015 Peyton Manning. Maybe I'm overreacting but it really looked to me like his age started to show tonight. If he has a bad game against the saints next week...might be time to start looking in another direction.

Ok he wasn't his best but going this far is nuts. I watched the first half and Gronk ruined him twice. That TD pass was, come on now, a laser beam right on his hands that I've never seen Gronk drop before. That definitely emotionally wrecked the team. And if Brady is finished off 1 game then so is Kershaw who got shelled last night. If he has a clunker against the Saints who always have a crap D, then I'll start freaking out.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 0:22 AM, SpartanEric said:

No. To be honest this is a ridiculous strategy.

Brady has been a starter for 15 seasons, and in exactly 1 of those seasons did he miss games to injury. 

Banking on that happening again is based on what logic? 

Even if it did, there are 5 other guys like Palmer or Hoyer you could grab that would get similar points as Jimmy. And if that isn't good enough trade for someone. 

40-50% chance Jimmy G will be a Steeler next year, hence why I picked him up last round in my start-up Dynasty. 

6 hours ago, Jason497 said:

I believe it was more of the Chiefs D outmaneuvering the Pats than Brady playing erratically. 

pats offense didnt have 4 qtrs of rhythm, u could see points where they were out of sync where in the past they would just grind u down or light u up in the end.

i agree there is a lot of overreaction. sure, brady could eventually go the way of manning but we didn't see that last night. the main problem was chemistry with his wrs and the defense playing well. he was very close to a good game but like what was already stated there was the PIs that gave tds to gilly and gronk had the ground take away one. he wasn't always on point but he was at times and it's only a matter of time before they connect. 

Last night reminded me of 2013 Brady, when he had Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins as his go-to receivers next to newly acquired Edelman. The same season that Aaron Hernandez went to jail and Wes Welker went to Denver.

I own 0 shares of Brady, and actually played against him in my big league last night, and I think he will be fine.

First time Brady threw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage since 2007. WTF was he thinking?