swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

People really think Brady is done after having a rough night against a solid D? He will probably have 350+ yards and 4 TDs next week. Relax.

He always seems to look more human vs the Chiefs. He was off on many intermediate passes last night but was money on a few deep throws.

I think theyll find something thatll work, they're the Patriots, they always do.

Look for White to possibly take the slot if Amendola misses time. Cooks and Hogan shore up the outside and Gronk working short to intermediate routes. One thing I did find interesting is Brady looking at Gronk many times regardless of the double teams or being completely blanketed by Berry.

Should be an absolute shootout vs the Saints next weekend. 2 of the premier QBs going head to head.

• Like 1

Rest of his games are against Buffalo and the Jets.  Beautiful Tom will be fine. 

9 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

If you're mining for coal.

lol, that's what I thought. TB will be fine, need to see the real TB in NOLA this week though or I will be legitimately concerned. Losing Edelman and even Mitchell is clearly a big void for the passing game as of now

I hope all the negative talk about Brady's skills deteriorating like Manning continue..it's good for his fantasy owners. 

Brady is eating his avocado ice cream and watching film as we speak. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

is Jimmy G worth a speculative add?

Even if Brady struggles, Jimmy G isn't playing unless he gets injured.

44 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I hope all the negative talk about Brady's skills deteriorating like Manning continue..it's good for his fantasy owners. 

Brady is eating his avocado ice cream and watching film as we speak. 

Hes went thru some bad stretches before.. So it's not a total guarantee that he's just coming back with 4 to 5 tds next week and there could be a ton of reasons.

I been watching and having Brady on my teams for ages now and I want the guy to kick a**, but despite how everyone wants to fluff it off and make jokes, he looked off... Not all game, just at times he looked off and maybe it's the line not being as solid, maybe it's the lack of Edelman, maybe he doesn't see things AS clearly as he did, maybe it was just all the chiefs defense being all over guys...or maybe it's a little of everything.

The point everyone always says that moment comes, look at Favre when he was rocking and came back his final season and it just wasn't there, I had him that year and it was bad and just one season prior Favre was doing what he does best.

Now I think Brady will recover and be fine... OK before anyone quotes me realize I'm sayin I am sure he will be fine, that's my mentality BUT I still found a few things to look totally uncharacteristic for tom Brady and I think that's a reasonable statement. 

2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Hes went thru some bad stretches before.. So it's not a total guarantee that he's just coming back with 4 to 5 tds next week and there could be a ton of reasons.

I been watching and having Brady on my teams for ages now and I want the guy to kick a**, but despite how everyone wants to fluff it off and make jokes, he looked off... Not all game, just at times he looked off and maybe it's the line not being as solid, maybe it's the lack of Edelman, maybe he doesn't see things AS clearly as he did, maybe it was just all the chiefs defense being all over guys...or maybe it's a little of everything.

The point everyone always says that moment comes, look at Favre when he was rocking and came back his final season and it just wasn't there, I had him that year and it was bad and just one season prior Favre was doing what he does best.

Now I think Brady will recover and be fine... OK before anyone quotes me realize I'm sayin I am sure he will be fine, that's my mentality BUT I still found a few things to look totally uncharacteristic for tom Brady and I think that's a reasonable statement. 

I have not owned Brady throughout the years like you so you probably know more about him in fantasy than me. I owned him last season and I have him in one of my leagues this year.

What I saw was a lot of dropped balls from Gronk and WRs, PI calls, and timing was wayyyyyy off(expected timing to be off losing Edelman and Cooks implemented into the system). His balls were spiral and sharp, they didn't look like Manning's duck passes in his regression. I'm not trying to make light or give excuses for his performance but a lot of what happened last night wasn't on Brady. KC came out to do what they intended and that was kick their a**.

Give credit to KC because everything that was wrong with the Pats last night, KC was the catalyst. 

I'm not worried at all...I hope the talks of him regressing continues. lol

Just now, TX Babe Ruth said:

I have not owned Brady throughout the years like you so you probably know more about him in fantasy than me. I owned him last season and I have him in one of my leagues this year.

What I saw was a lot of dropped balls from Gronk and WRs, PI calls, and timing was wayyyyyy off(expected timing to be off losing Edelman and Cooks implemented into the system). His balls were spiral and sharp, they didn't look like Manning's duck passes in his regression. I'm not trying to make light or give excuses for his performance but a lot of what happened last night wasn't on Brady. KC came out to do what they intended and that was kick their a**.

Give credit to KC because everything that was wrong with the Pats last night, KC was the catalyst. 

I'm not worried at all...I hope the talks of him regressing continues. lol

But that's not totally accurate, there were a handful of floaters that just looked weird.. Sure he is still throwing quickly and tight, but I mean unless I watched a different games some of them were just way over their heads and a few the guys had to slow down to come back to it. Again... Not like I'm saying Brady is done I'm simply sayin it was a weird game.

It's just not a fun way to open up fantasy and I think most can agree with that plus we get to now wit and wait for over a week to see Brady back out there.

I'm all in on Brady, one of my favorite teams this year is made up of him and gronk so believe me I want to have all the confidence in the world but he looked off and I said it in other threads maybe that was just because of a really good and really fired up chiefs defense, and hopefully that's all it was. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

But that's not totally accurate, there were a handful of floaters that just looked weird.. Sure he is still throwing quickly and tight, but I mean unless I watched a different games some of them were just way over their heads and a few the guys had to slow down to come back to it. Again... Not like I'm saying Brady is done I'm simply sayin it was a weird game.

It's just not a fun way to open up fantasy and I think most can agree with that plus we get to now wit and wait for over a week to see Brady back out there.

I'm all in on Brady, one of my favorite teams this year is made up of him and gronk so believe me I want to have all the confidence in the world but he looked off and I said it in other threads maybe that was just because of a really good and really fired up chiefs defense, and hopefully that's all it was. 

The floaters was timing...Brady had to adapt without key players, new player,and playing against a top ranked defense(that blanketed Gronk). The Pats were ahead starting the 4th quarter and then the flood gates opened;besides, nobody was beating the Chiefs last night to be honest. 

Smith was on fire and had to prove that he's the man in KC, and Hunt and the defense fed off his energy. The Chiefs were a category 5 hurricane and the Pats defense had no answer to stop them.

I think you are overreacting but we will see next week.  

Good luck and it's going to be all good. :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

The floaters was timing...Brady had to adapt without key players, new player,and playing against a top ranked defense(that blanketed Gronk). The Pats were ahead starting the 4th quarter and then the flood gates opened;besides, nobody was beating the Chiefs last night to be honest. 

Smith was on fire and had to prove that he's the man in KC, and Hunt and the defense fed off his energy. The Chiefs were a category 5 hurricane and the Pats defense had no answer to stop them.

I think you are overreacting but we will see next week.  

Good luck and it's going to be all good. :-)

All I can say is I hope so, I'm with ya or I want to be ... Just hope he turns the tides next week. 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1

I told people that I expected Brady to have a down year this year (during the practice drafts).  Everyone attacked me...

My reasoning was Belichick picked up a bunch of RBs, and that the run game should be greatly improved.  And, I thought they would run more to save Brady's arm for the playoffs.

What I meant was Brady a shouldn't be selected in the first 3 rounds (like people were doing).  Big Ben in the 8th (which is where I drafted him) was better than Brady in the 3rd.

That said, Brady will have a good year.  NE is just working out the kinks in this new offense.  I suspect that in most games, Brady will run up the points early then they will pound the ball.

I'll be trying to trade for B. Cooks while his stock is down.

2 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I'll be trying to trade for B. Cooks while his stock is down.

If 88 yards receiving in a game is his stock being down, then I'd like whatever you are having. What in the world kind of unrealistic expectations were you having for him? 10/180/3? Come on now.

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

If 88 yards receiving in a game is his stock being down, then I'd like whatever you are having. What in the world kind of unrealistic expectations were you having for him? 10/180/3? Come on now.

I kinda see what he is getting at... if the people expressing disappointment/regret make up some of the fantasy leagues you play in, his stock of public opinion is most definitely down, even if that doesn't reflect reality.

Just now, Trifecta said:

I kinda see what he is getting at... if the people expressing disappointment/regret make up some of the fantasy leagues you play in, his stock of public opinion is most definitely down, even if that doesn't reflect reality.

I guess shark vs. minnow aspect. Only an inexperienced minnow Cooks owner would fall for that.

249/1td/sacked 4 times

149/1 td

234/1td

159/1td /2ints

Those are Brady's first 4 weeks of the 2014 season. People said he was done. He looked done. It was hard to get anything of value back in a trade for him. A lot of people flat out dropped him. 

He finished with 4109/33/9, another championship and a Super Bowl MVP. Everyone is done at some point but he's earned the benefit of the doubt for at least a few more weeks (if need be). 

• Like 3

Brady doesn't look done. He still gets the ball out fast. Still has ability to get the ball down field. Still can read defenses. It just looked like NE had the SuperBowl hangover. Slow and lethargic. Things changed the first time MG couldn't convert on 4th down. Momentum swung. The first series Brady marched the offense down the field like he always has. I think another week to work out their timing and the offense should be fine. Nothing like a little NO action to get things going. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

I guess shark vs. minnow aspect. Only an inexperienced minnow Cooks owner would fall for that.

"With the NE injuries, know one really knows who will get the targets."

That's the argument against B. Cooks.  My hope is they see the 3 catchs, and are unhappy with their #2 receiver.

They'd be wrong to trade B. Cooks but that doesn't mean they won't made an 'emotion' decision and do it.

I'm higher on B. Cooks than ever, so I'll be trying to make the trade happen.

I'll never forget 2014...rage dropped brady after week 4 I believe and then he went on his tear.  I could've won my league had I kept him.  Yes, very stupid to rage drop but I was so angry with his crap performance and thought he was done.  I hate the pats as I'm a jets fan and it would be perfect timing if the pats sucked right when the jets are trying to tank the season lol.  Anyway, don't be like me and rage drop and don't count this man out just yet. 

Brady didn't look great, but all the holes in the defense was more surprising for me. Not a Pats fan, but respect (jealous) of how that team has been able to play "next man up" on defense and look stout. Just wasn't there tonight. 

Buy low from a panicky owner. Brady is in a lot better shape than Peyton was in his last year. Brady doesnt throw P-Money style ducks either.

The only thing that wasn't out of the ordinary of that game was Danny Amendola getting injured. That man is Mr. Consistent.

6 minutes ago, norfolk said:

Brady didn't look great, but all the holes in the defense was more surprising for me. Not a Pats fan, but respect (jealous) of how that team has been able to play "next man up" on defense and look stout. Just wasn't there tonight. 

That defense took a major hit without Hightower. I dont know what his status is but based on last nights game, Patriots defense is not even worthy of being rostered let alone starting in Fantasy.

Smith is a good QB but not almost 400 yards 4 TDs good. They took out Kelce completely, fantastic. Just allowed Hill to have a Top 5 WR caliber game. Allowed a very talented, albeit a rookie, running back to have a debut for the ages on their home turf.

Pats D being a sieve should help Brady put up numbers. When KC finally started getting pressure on Brady things really fell apart. The last couple drives were especially awesome to watch when KC pinned their ears back and just buried poor Tommy. Will be interesting to see if New England can make adjustments and right the ship. At the very least we know Brady will light up the bad teams they play, which is most of their division.