swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Brady will be just fine. Although I think Edelman is a bigger loss than some attribute. The guy has more much importance than his on-paper stats and performance show.

 

For Pats fans I'd be far more worried about the D which can't seem to put any pressure up at all. They need to get Ninkovich out of retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Pats D being a sieve should help Brady put up numbers. When KC finally started getting pressure on Brady things really fell apart. The last couple drives were especially awesome to watch when KC pinned their ears back and just buried poor Tommy. Will be interesting to see if New England can make adjustments and right the ship. At the very least we know Brady will light up the bad teams they play, which is most of their division.

 

Crazy part is his inablity to punish that defense when he had ALL day to throw the ball. One of those red zone plays I couldve swore the dude couldve made coffee and still had enough time to make a pass.

 

The protection is there, the offense just couldnt move the ball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bahubali said:

 

Crazy part is his inablity to punish that defense when he had ALL day to throw the ball. One of those red zone plays I couldve swore the dude couldve made coffee and still had enough time to make a pass.

 

The protection is there, the offense just couldnt move the ball.

 

KC was playing very physical. The penalties show that. If Brady connects with Cooks on that back shoulder throw by the 1 yard line and connects with Cooks on the bomb in the 4th, you are potentially looking at 340/2 TD game and we aren't even having this conversation. Yes it doesn't count, but it is amazing how penalties can change the outcome and perspective of a players performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

 

KC was playing very physical. The penalties show that. If Brady connects with Cooks on that back shoulder throw by the 1 yard line and connects with Cooks on the bomb in the 4th, you are potentially looking at 340/2 TD game and we aren't even having this conversation. Yes it doesn't count, but it is amazing how penalties can change the outcome and perspective of a players performance. 

 

That look Brady had at the end of the game being on the sidelines was very telling. For a guy who is extremely jolly and comical, its rare to see him this legit pissed.

 

The Saints defense better be ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Brady will be just fine. Although I think Edelman is a bigger loss than some attribute. The guy has more much importance than his on-paper stats and performance show.

 

For Pats fans I'd be far more worried about the D which can't seem to put any pressure up at all. They need to get Ninkovich out of retirement.

 

 

Read somewhere that Brady has a QB rating of 116 when Eldeman plays, and a 89 rating in the games without Eldeman. Was only 9 games without, and I'm not sure what the team make up was at the time he was injured.

 

Still, as much as I want the Pats to lose every game, Belichick will have them ready for the Saints. So Brady should get back on track next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

 

 

Read somewhere that Brady has a QB rating of 116 when Eldeman plays, and a 89 rating in the games without Eldeman. Was only 9 games without, and I'm not sure what the team make up was at the time he was injured.

 

Still, as much as I want the Pats to lose every game, Belichick will have them ready for the Saints. So Brady should get back on track next week. 

 

Yea, I don't see the Pats losing that division. Ain't going to lie, i expect Hogan to just slide right into the Eldeman role. They made "capturing lightning in a bottle" look easy with the shift from Welker to Eldeman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is fine, I think their scheming and new team have a bit of adjusting to do, but Brady looked as capable as always and I don't think Gillisle will steal every TD like he did last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady would have a lot more yards if the KC D didn't give up all those pass interference calls too.

 

And what was up with running into the kicker twice for what only 5 yards each time? I thought it was an automatic first?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole team seemed off last night. Brady had no problem with his arm strength but his accuracy was off. I don't have any doubt he'll figure his s--- out next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Brady would have a lot more yards if the KC D didn't give up all those pass interference calls too.

 

And what was up with running into the kicker twice for what only 5 yards each time? I thought it was an automatic first?

 

just a 5 yard penalty if it's the kicking leg - which is nuts considering a hold is 10 yards.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Brady there is nothing to worry about...it's the WR corp you have to worry about more imo. From last nights game it looked more like Amendola was going to fill in for Edelman. The problem with that is Amendola himself seems to always get hurt, case in point last night. He did however put up a 7/100 stat line which was solid. Brady's accuracy was definitely a little off but it's the 1st game no need to panic. That throw to Gronk in the endzone was an inch away from being a touchdown, if Gronk could have pulled it in 2 seconds sooner, granted he dove and his arms were fully extended it was a helluva grab. 

 

What I think could possibly be the downfall of Brady and the Pats is the defense. If they don't pull it together ASAP they are going to be putting Brady in a bunch of bad situations....think Stafford last year with 8, yes 8! 4th quarter comeback wins. Brady is still just warming up with Cooks and Gronk but the potential is sky high. Brady needs Gronk to stay healthy now more than ever with Edelman out for the year. 

 

Brady will come back with a vengeance next game....but will the defense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tb 12 is another guy I would buy low along with gronk. I've seen nothing to suggest he was not able to make throws that manning struggled with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I just think it's a little funny how there are some that obviously can't admit that Brady had some bad throws, it doesn't mean he's over and done with, I'm sure timing with cooks and hogan was off at times but still it's ok to admit. That game had a handful of moments where it was an awkward wtf type throw... Least for me and I rarely feel that when watching Brady, but he will be fine ultimately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Brady doesn't ball out against the Saints, jump ship and get the best offer you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, whoopsie said:

The whole team seemed off last night. Brady had no problem with his arm strength but his accuracy was off. I don't have any doubt he'll figure his s--- out next week.

 

 

I knew from that first horrible pass to Allen that it was gonna be a long night lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, biggquis said:

 

 

I knew from that first horrible pass to Allen that it was gonna be a long night lol

As bad as that pass was... still catchable... allen and his butter fingers lol... but you are right in saying it was a prelude of things to come haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Szer0 said:

As bad as that pass was... still catchable... allen and his butter fingers lol... but you are right in saying it was a prelude of things to come haha

 

 

I don't think so man.  Calvin Johnson could've caught it.  Or Julio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew I wouldn't see the people that said Brady looked like Manning and was regressing/done.

 

I wanted the talks to continue so he can light my fantasy team to pieces. If you were playing against this overrated/regressed QB, you probably lost this week.

 

I was NEVER worried about his skills or arm and knew he would shred NO to pieces. 

Edited by TX Babe Ruth
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I knew I wouldn't see the people that said Brady looked like Manning and was regressing/done.

 

I wanted the talks to continue so he can light my fantasy team to pieces. If you were playing against this overrated/regressed QB, you probably lost this week.

 

I was NEVER worried about his skills or arm and knew he would shred NO to pieces. 

 

The trolls have returned to their dens depressed.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I knew I wouldn't see the people that said Brady looked like Manning and was regressing/done.

 

I wanted the talks to continue so he can light my fantasy team to pieces. If you were playing against this overrated/regressed QB, you probably lost this week.

 

I was NEVER worried about his skills or arm and knew he would shred NO to pieces. 


For what it's worth Brady probably looked more like Blake Bortles in week 1 than Manning but Father time will win at some point. I think his performance was so bad it was fair to speculate, but he rebounded like he always does. I was probably scarred from owning not just Manning his last year, but Favre his last year too...btw I actually did defeat the Brady owner in a league this week by 1.1 points (I know CSB but since you mentioned it...)

Edited by Jason497

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it last week in Minnesota threads and I'll say it again here: form no conclusions (unless negative) about players based on their performance against the Tulane defense. 

 

Here are the QB lines against Tulane thus far:

Bradford 27/32, 346, 3 TD

Brady 30/39, 447, 3 TD

 

Cam Newton is next up at the buffet line.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just happy that he came out and proved a point. I still stand by the notion of drafting guys like Brady and Rodgers a bit early for what they can pull off. In any case I just hope he keeps trucking, I have Brady and gronk and that is such a lethal combination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I said it last week in Minnesota threads and I'll say it again here: form no conclusions (unless negative) about players based on their performance against the Tulane defense. 

 

Here are the QB lines against Tulane thus far:

Bradford 27/32, 346, 3 TD

Brady 30/39, 447, 3 TD

 

Cam Newton is next up at the buffet line.

nah i think im good in saying Brady will feast ROS

 

 

Edited by TrillaTrilla
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 1:06 PM, TrillaTrilla said:

nah i think im good in saying Brady will feast ROS

 

 

I was hoping that they kept talking about him regressing. The more they talk, the more my fantasy points were going up. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.