swaggyp

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

6 minutes ago, thirdeye said:

Remember when everyone was freaking out after week 1? LOL

He didnt have that amount of time to wait and throw in week 1. . . . .context  :D

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

He didnt have that amount of time to wait and throw in week 1. . . . .context  :D

I think it was more he was REALLY rusty with Gronk after not seeing him for so long. No longer.

My team would be a steaming hot pile of poo without you.  Thank you Mr. Brady.

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

He was sacked 5 times in this game and was under constant pressure, including on the game-winning TD.

The Week 1 overreacting was all a circle jerk by Brady/Patriot haters who have been pining for years for the demise.

If you can't appreciate this man's career and what he's doing this year, at the age of 40, I don't understand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

He was sacked 5 times in this game and was under constant pressure, including on the game-winning TD.

The Week 1 overreacting was all a circle jerk by Brady/Patriot haters who have been pining for years for the demise.

If you can't appreciate this man's career and what he's doing this year, at the age of 40, I don't understand.

What are u blathering about? No one mentioned anything about his career, his age or anything of the sort.  The topic was the last drive vs game 1 performance he had plenty of time to throw the game winning TD. 

Jesus you fanboys need therapy. . . :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

What a silly generalized statement to make. I own Tom Brady, I kept him in a keeper league, I have no animosity at all towards him and infact warmed up heavily to NE after they took out Seattle in the Superbowl because...well the mods will delete this if I explain how I really feel about Seattle lol.

Week 1 overreacting was overreacting to watching a QB who is 40 freaking years old look incredibly off, wildly missing easy throws, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and looked completely uncomfortable in the pocket. I could see if someone jumped the gun and made a definitive statement like "BRADY IS DONE FTW" then yeah whatever, but I still standby that it was completely reasonable to wonder/worry if age was catching up because he looked horrible in that game. 

• Like 1

Dannnnggg...I was hoping they keep talking sh*** about how bad his throws look and his regression in WEEK 1. lol..

I can't take all this praise of Brady. It hurts my fantasy team. ;)

The sad part is that he's just warming up.lol..

Wait until he gets more chemistry with Cooks.

2 hours ago, Jason497 said:

I could see if someone jumped the gun and made a definitive statement like "BRADY IS DONE FTW" then yeah whatever, but I still standby that it was completely reasonable to wonder/worry if age was catching up because he looked horrible in that game. 

Just because you didn't hear or read those statements doesn't mean they weren't said or written. My post was not meant for people like you who have him on a team and were worried about his opening game. It was for the trolls who immediately took to the Internet to celebrate his demise after one game.

If you want proof, just visit the Brady-Manning thread.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

What are u blathering about? No one mentioned anything about his career, his age or anything of the sort.  The topic was the last drive vs game 1 performance he had plenty of time to throw the game winning TD. 

Jesus you fanboys need therapy. . . :blink:

Clearly someone who didn't watch the game. He had a damn hand in his face on the game-winning throw. 

You can call me a fanboy all you want. You've already stated multiple times on these boards you are a Patriots and Brady hater, so it's easy to understand why you post things that aren't true to help make your point.

I know for a fact you haven't seen the game, because if you had a clue you would have referenced instead how lucky the Patriots were that the deep pass on the final drive that should have been easily intercepted fell incomplete off the defender's hands. That was a horrible play, and the game should have been over then.

But what do I know, I'm clearly the one blinded by my rooting interests here, not you. 

1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Clearly someone who didn't watch the game. He had a damn hand in his face on the game-winning throw. 

You can call me a fanboy all you want. You've already stated multiple times on these boards you are a Patriots and Brady hater, so it's easy to understand why you post things that aren't true to help make your point.

I know for a fact you haven't seen the game, because if you had a clue you would have referenced instead how lucky the Patriots were that the deep pass on the final drive that should have been easily intercepted fell incomplete off the defender's hands. That was a horrible play, and the game should have been over then.

But what do I know, I'm clearly the one blinded by my rooting interests here, not you. 

I can state for a fact I did watch the last TD drive and he did have plenty of time to throw.

Edited by phatrat
personal attacks removed
  • Haha 1

Loving how bad the Pats defense looks.  With that 14 point spread, I was worried the pats would have their foot off the gas later into the game.  Nope!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I can state for a fact I did watch the last TD drive and he did have plenty of time to throw.

Not addressing your personal insults, just this comment, because all you are doing is making unfair assumptions about me as a person.

Yes, on the final drive he had more time to throw. My original response to your comment was in regards to the notion that the offense performed better this week than Week 1 due to more time to throw, which just isn't the case. Brady was hit, hurried and sacked all game by Watt, Mercilus and Clowney, to name a few, including the game-winning strike to Cooks. So if we're trying to assess why Brady was better this week than vs the Chiefs, better protection is not something I'd say was really the reason. I'd say better chemistry with Cooks, Gronk getting his legs back after missing most of last season, and the Texans not being able to cover Hogan were keys to Brady's success this week.

On a side note, if you have Brady on teams this year, the fact that the defense has looked terrible so far is encouraging. Negative game script well bode well for Brady and Co.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Loving how bad the Pats defense looks.  With that 14 point spread, I was worried the pats would have their foot off the gas later into the game.  Nope!

I was thinking the same thing during the game.  Defense looks good enough that Brady will be forced to throw most if not all games.

If Watson can lite up that D, when most so-called-experts had the Pats as a top 10 D or better this week, then the out look of Brady looks even more promising, if that's even possible.   

19 minutes ago, Texansfan said:

Why is the Pick 6 he threw to Clowney scored as a fumble?

Yeahhhhhhhhhh we were ripped off!  :angry:   :D

23 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

GOAT

Do Pats fans feel it's necessary to call him the "GOAT" after every win? Even a regular season game against a rookie QB and below avg team?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

And they all say to wait on your QB.  :lol::lol::lol:    :mellow:     :lol::lol::lol:

im literally going back and forth with throwing this logic out the window, and offering quite a damn bit for him. Going to take a 2 for 2 or 2 for 3, so gotta get creative, but man he's on one of those rolls where he can absolutely carry you to wins every week.

3 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Do Pats fans feel it's necessary to call him the "GOAT" after every win? Even a regular season game against a rookie QB and below avg team?

pretty damn good defense! GOAT (hate the Pats)