FlashGordon401

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

Coaching actually matters, as does offensive creativity. I think a big story after this season will be about how a team and an offense can have a huge turnaround when led by a truly smart leader. (Not someone who just yells a lot and expects everyone to listen to him because he's been really good at succeeding by yelling a lot in the past.) 

Are you guys handcuffing him with Malcolm Brown?  I had to look up who the backup even was. He is available in all my leagues, even the one I don't have Gurley.

I'm all in on Gurley this year; he's going to get close to 300 carries, and catch more passes; has a nice floor; as last year was definitely a down year; has a ceiling of Top 3 RB.  Too much talent to not shine in his 3rd year as a pro.

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

How high us too high to draft this guy? 

front of 2nd rd,  same tier as demarco and howard but with a higher ceiling  to finish top5

21 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Are you guys handcuffing him with Malcolm Brown?  I had to look up who the backup even was. He is available in all my leagues, even the one I don't have Gurley.

I'm not. Thought about it. If I missed out on a guy like D. Henry...I would consider it. 

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

How high us too high to draft this guy? 

depends if you drafted WR with your 1st pick or not. but I would say it's a tossup between him and howard.  I would maybe give Gurley the edge here. I drafted him after going RB in round 1 with Baldwin, Cooks, dez still on the board since I felt the upside for Gurley was too good to pass up, and the floor is pretty safe

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

front of 2nd rd,  same tier as demarco and howard but with a higher ceiling  to finish top5

I misread the question. I think Gurley should be taken front of rd 2 same tier as demarco/howard and he has the higher ceiling of a top5 rb finish

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

I'm not a big proponent of cuffs with no standalone value or on teams with no rb controversy or players without injury histroy

3 hours ago, Sternes said:

Depends on how many bench spots you have, and how bad a Gurley injury would hurt your RB corp.  If your current RB3 is someone you'd start Brown over if Gurley got hurt, it makes sense to pick him up if you have the roster space.

I didn't cuff Gurley bc I have Hunt as my RB3, and there was noone on my bench I wanted to let go of.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan

28 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

I like his volume, but his vision is terrible. Sometimes I feel like Brown would perform better in there. He should be a very high rb 2

Does anyone have any screenshots that demonstrate the poor vision? I didn't watch him last year. But you aren't the only one to have said that. 

I remember the old screenshots of Trent Richardson

26 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Does anyone have any screenshots that demonstrate the poor vision? I didn't watch him last year. But you aren't the only one to have said that. 

I remember the old screenshots of Trent Richardson

I'm so scared from having this guy as my RB1.

Hopefully he turns it around. Those clips are so bad, especially the one at 0:42.

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

I'm so scared from having this guy as my RB1.

Hopefully he turns it around. Those clips are so bad, especially the one at 0:42.

If he was as terrible as people claim, then the new coaching team would have surely brought in other rb's to limit gurleys volume, so I'm not too concerned about last years performance on a bad team that was falling apart vs this years forecast on a team committed to rebuilding and winning games.

49 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Wow... some of those are bad.

56 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

Drafted him everywhere believing in Todd McVay and the new offense knowing well that clips like this exist but haveta say doesn't make re-watching them any easier.

Thank goodness there's clips like these to make me feel a bit warmer and fuzzier inside:

Hope we see more of those 3:14 type runs this season...

Edited by Mr.E

first time visiting this thread ... I really can't read all 35 pages

what is the consensus -- do we think Gurley will have a bounce back season?

the reason I asked this weekend in two important league I drafted Todd ....

Just now, shakestreet said:

Well...if you've got him already, what's the point?

who cares what the consensus of the public is. You liked him enough to draft him. Stick with your gut, and screw what anyone else thinks. 

1 minute ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Well...if you've got him already, what's the point?

who cares what the consensus of the public is. You liked him enough to draft him. Stick with your gut, and screw what anyone else thinks. 

woooo ... another angry poster

Just now, shakestreet said:

woooo ... another angry poster

Not angry at all. Just don't see the point of polling public opinion on a player you already own. 

You like him. Roll with it. 

22 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Not angry at all. Just don't see the point of polling public opinion on a player you already own. 

You like him. Roll with it. 

He clearly doesn't like him or he wouldn't feel the need to justify the pick.

As for the original post, don't sweat it. Based on volume alone his floor is safe and if pieces fall into place top 3 is possible.

58 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I recommend researching players prior to drafting them, but I certainly think he comes back.  I think he's a lock for top 5

Edited by daguyondacouch