FlashGordon401

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Great, Brady confirmed as MVP. Thanks WashPo


Where is this?? Not seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:


Where is this?? Not seeing it.

 

Just making fun of that garbage publication that is wrong way more often than it is right

 

Gurley should 100% be the MVP and if Tom Brady gets it it will just be because the NFL is a sellout to QBs

Edited by lolcopter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todd Gurley is MVP and it's not even close.

 

There's a ton of ways this argument goes. What Brady supporters will say is that it is the most valuable player to the team. So what players team will suffer the most without them? Even with that logic, it's not Brady. It would be Wilson. The MVP award should be a combination of wins + impact + overall dominance. 

 

The Patriots have also shown they can succeed with anyone at QB. So even using that metric he is not the most valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Todd Gurley is MVP and it's not even close.

 

There's a ton of ways this argument goes. What Brady supporters will say is that it is the most valuable player to the team. So what players team will suffer the most without them? Even with that logic, it's not Brady. It would be Wilson. The MVP award should be a combination of wins + impact + overall dominance. 

 

The Patriots have also shown they can succeed with anyone at QB. So even using that metric he is not the most valuable. 

Says you.... I can’t wait till February 3rd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Says you.... I can’t wait till February 3rd 

It's a regular season award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's a regular season award.

Yea I know that... what date will the NFL announce who won?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 TD’s but sitting meaningless week 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Todd Gurley is MVP and it's not even close.

 

There's a ton of ways this argument goes. What Brady supporters will say is that it is the most valuable player to the team. So what players team will suffer the most without them? Even with that logic, it's not Brady. It would be Wilson. The MVP award should be a combination of wins + impact + overall dominance. 

 

The Patriots have also shown they can succeed with anyone at QB. So even using that metric he is not the most valuable. 

 

 

Yes, because succeeding is winning meaningless regular season games and missing out on the playoffs lol... but I agree that Gurley should be MVP.  I'm not sure why Brady's name is even mentioned, and that's as a huge Pats fan.  He hasn't done anything special this season IMO.  Gurley, Wentz, Wilson, and a few others should have their names mentioned in the running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Todd Gurley is MVP and it's not even close.

 

There's a ton of ways this argument goes. What Brady supporters will say is that it is the most valuable player to the team. So what players team will suffer the most without them? Even with that logic, it's not Brady. It would be Wilson. The MVP award should be a combination of wins + impact + overall dominance. 

 

The Patriots have also shown they can succeed with anyone at QB. So even using that metric he is not the most valuable. 

By that logic, MVP should go to Aaron Rodgers as we saw what happens to the Packers when he can't play.

 

Meanwhile, we've seen what happens when Patriots go without Brady.

Edited by Holben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, biggquis said:

 

 

Yes, because succeeding is winning meaningless regular season games and missing out on the playoffs lol... but I agree that Gurley should be MVP.  I'm not sure why Brady's name is even mentioned, and that's as a huge Pats fan.  He hasn't done anything special this season IMO.  Gurley, Wentz, Wilson, and a few others should have their names mentioned in the running.

 

As someone known in these parts as being not the biggest fan of Brady, he certainly has had a MVP-caliber season: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx171225/case-todd-gurley-2017-nfl-mvp-why-tom-brady-favorite-award

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Todd Gurley is MVP and it's not even close.

 

There's a ton of ways this argument goes. What Brady supporters will say is that it is the most valuable player to the team. So what players team will suffer the most without them? Even with that logic, it's not Brady. It would be Wilson. The MVP award should be a combination of wins + impact + overall dominance. 

 

The Patriots have also shown they can succeed with anyone at QB. So even using that metric he is not the most valuable. 

 

Like that year Brady went down and they missed the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Like that year Brady went down and they missed the playoffs?

What an absolutely silly and terrible straw man.

 

Them missing the playoffs that year was insanely unfortunate. They won 11 games. Only two teams ever missed playoffs at 11-5. In fact, they won more games that year than the year right after with Tom Brady. Come again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What an absolutely silly and terrible straw man.

 

Them missing the playoffs that year was insanely unfortunate. They won 11 games. Only two teams ever missed playoffs at 11-5. In fact, they won more games that year than the year right after with Tom Brady. Come again.

 

Peep the schedule. They didn't beat good teams.

 

 

 

Cassell made the Pro Bowl after he left too. Not like it was Ryan Mallett. You sir are the one with the silly argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Peep the schedule. They didn't beat good teams.

 

 

 

Cassell made the Pro Bowl after he left too. Not like it was Ryan Mallett. You sir are the one with the silly argument.

 

I think his point was that, regardless of which backup QB started, the Patriots still have played very well without Brady - indicating that their system is a major factor in their continued success.

 

Why is Mallett even relevant to the conversation?  He barely even saw the field for the Pats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BMcP said:

 

I think his point was that, regardless of which backup QB started, the Patriots still have played very well without Brady - indicating that their system is a major factor in their continued success.

 

Why is Mallett even relevant to the conversation?  He barely even saw the field for the Pats?

 

And my point, is that his point is wrong. 

 

They had one of the easiest schedules of all  time that season and Cassell had a long career. Jimmy G looks legit as well. Hell even Brissett  had some good games this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

And my point, is that his point is wrong. 

 

They had one of the easiest schedules of all  time that season and Cassell had a long career. Jimmy G looks legit as well. Hell even Brissett  had some good games this year.

It's almost as if QBs that spend time in NE are developed very well by a system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

And my point, is that his point is wrong. 

 

They had one of the easiest schedules of all  time that season and Cassell had a long career. Jimmy G looks legit as well. Hell even Brissett  had some good games this year.

 

I think they had about the 25th-toughest SOS of any team just that year.  Out of curiosity, where are you coming up with  “easiest of all time”?

 

Sure, Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett have looked pretty solid to good in limited starts - but are they future HOFers?  Does the fact that no QB has left a successful stint in NE only to be abjectly awful mean that his claim is false - i.e., non-Brady QBs also have success in that system?

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's almost as if QBs that spend time in NE are developed very well by a system...

 

Right, you are free to have that opinion.It's just wrong, and I'm trying to inform you of such.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, their SOS that year was 28. It was easy but you claim it was one of the easiest all time yet it wasn't even bottom 3 that year. This year their SOS is 23 not too far off from that year. Rams is 6th.

 

I ask again, how is Brady MVP? Please try and use facts and not silly straw men and just false information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.