JSA2422

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

Beat everyone in the league this week...

...Except the person that I'm matched up against in the playoffs

No repeat for me this year :(

We have some dumb rule in this league where a 40+ yard td gets an 8 point bonus. 8 whole points!

My opponent got two of them in the form of rod smith and dez with long tds. 16 point swing. 

Down by 10 with pats D with my opponent still having Julius Thomas. Need a Monday night miracle 

My league doesn’t have a first round bye and I just lost to the #8 (6-7) seed after putting up the most points in the league all season (10-3) 

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

My league doesn’t have a first round bye and I just lost to the #8 (6-7) seed after putting up the most points in the league all season (10-3) 

Ouch! Who were you busts this week?

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

That literally almost happened to me yesterday. Most points for by 150, and just squeaked by the 6-7 last seed.

2 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

8 teams in the playoffs is unacceptable in any format, even 16 team leagues (which wouldn't even be fun).  I'm sorry, man.

14 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

That’s rough.  I’m sorry buddy I feel for you. I wish this guy pulled 2 TD’s out of his butt it just doesn’t look like it at all.

Thanks man. Between Howard and BELL I have a chance to win despite this scrap heap... mccown and Kamara combined to net me two zeros. ?

The fact I can say I have a chance at winning is basically a damn miracle. 

Kamara will play for me again, but frig mccown. I should know better by now than to ever rely on the jets.

Well I couldn't overcome Kamara and Mixon suffering concussions as well as Tevin Coleman sucking. I had the team to go all the way. Just not my year.

That's all she wrote fellas, playing for 5th place next week then my fantasy season is over.

Glad Dez and Gordon decided to sit out the second half of their games. Didn't want them to blow up.  Lamar Miller, ASJ nice job against those great matchups. 

Oh yeah, Mike Evans lose some weight so you can get open you POS. 

Going to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs to a team to a team that had Gronk and Peterson in their lineup because he had Bell/Keenan Allen and he got more points from Frank Gore and the TEN defense than I got from AJ Green, Lamar Miller, Cameron Brate, Robby Anderson and Dan Bailey.

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

We have some dumb rule in this league where a 40+ yard td gets an 8 point bonus. 8 whole points!

My opponent got two of them in the form of rod smith and dez with long tds. 16 point swing. 

Down by 10 with pats D with my opponent still having Julius Thomas. Need a Monday night miracle 

A 40 yarder?  Isnt an extra point these days like 35?  Thats dumb...

We got rid of kickers in my main league a few years ago, but when we had em, I loved the scoring system we used, which was decimal scoring and you got .1 per yard extra everything over 30 yards.  So if it was a 42 yarder you got 4.2 yards where a 35 yarder would be 3.5 a 55 was 5.5.  I thought it was pretty good way to do it. 

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

8 teams in the playoffs is unacceptable in any format, even 16 team leagues (which wouldn't even be fun).  I'm sorry, man.

8 teams?  That is just stupid.  Its one of those things where people who run fantasy leagues get confused somewhat by real life.  One of the reasons for Wild Cards and extra wild cards and such in real life is TV revenue and the more teams in wild card hunt, the more tickets you sell the more interest in your product for more teams.  This is Fantasy football, nobody is buying tickets to watch a fantasy game, the league isnt paying you more money to keep your teams interested.   

My favorite settings are:

6 teams, with top 2 getting a BYE.  

4 teams, 12-week regular season and the playoffs are 2-week totals.  So 4 v 1 and 3v2 combined total for week 13 and 14  then Championship is combined 15 and 16. 

18 minutes ago, parrothead said:

A 40 yarder?  Isnt an extra point these days like 35?  Thats dumb...

We got rid of kickers in my main league a few years ago, but when we had em, I loved the scoring system we used, which was decimal scoring and you got .1 per yard extra everything over 30 yards.  So if it was a 42 yarder you got 4.2 yards where a 35 yarder would be 3.5 a 55 was 5.5.  I thought it was pretty good way to do it. 

The bonus is for a td reception or run over 40 plus yards, not kicks 

6 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Gotcha, thought it was kicks....

We used to have a length of TD bonus too, but it made TD's just way too valuable and got rid of it.   So take the play your talking about, lets say its a 40 yard reception for a TD.  So TD 6 points, bonus 8 points, 40 yards of reception 4 points, catch 1 point.    That is a 19 point play, is that play really the equivalent of 190 yards rushing?

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

Gotcha, thought it was kicks....

We used to have a length of TD bonus too, but it made TD's just way too valuable and got rid of it.   So take the play your talking about, lets say its a 40 yard reception for a TD.  So TD 6 points, bonus 8 points, 40 yards of reception 4 points, catch 1 point.    That is a 19 point play, is that play really the equivalent of 190 yards rushing?

My thoughts exactly lol. My opponent got two of them. 

5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Glad Dez and Gordon decided to sit out the second half of their games. Didn't want them to blow up.  Lamar Miller, ASJ nice job against those great matchups. 

Oh yeah, Mike Evans lose some weight so you can get open you POS. 

pryor-workout.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnksuP5cn1Sb4rfPDOOEH

Sat Cooper Kupp and Devin Funchess for Tyrek Hill and Nelson Agholor in standard. Wouldv'e been up by 11 points instead I am down by 6 with my Brady vs his Burkhead and NE D. Not feeling great right now.

Knocked out of the playoffs because i played against the one person in america that started Buck Allen. 

FF is a cruel, fickle bitch. 

This year has brought me awfully bad luck. In a huge money league: I lost David Johnson week 1, still won the week only for it to be overturned by a score correction 3 or 4 days later (by like a tenth of a point I lost), I drafted Kamara and waited patiently til he became a beast only for him to get a concussion when I needed him most, my kicker got a concussion on the opening kickoff and I lost a week by like 3 points, I had a 21 point lead facing Antonio Brown last night and got eliminated from the playoffs when he got just enough yards to beat me. If Kamara hadn't got hurt or I didn't play Alex Smith I'd still be in it despite losing in comic fashion at least 3 or 4 times throughout the year.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, leffe186 said:

Great idea - although late injuries/Questionable would make this hard.

well you gotta wait till the first game starts then check in again around 4. I just re-download it like a psycho

Ran into a buzzsaw. Opponent had Jamal Williams, Theo Riddick, Baldwin, Landry, Gould, and Sanu. 

4 of them just put up their best games of the season. 

There just isn't anything I could do. 

18 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Happened to me before. Will never play in a league without a first round bye again.