Rotoworld.com Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Freeman and Gordon are definitely ahead of McCoy for me now. 

COME ON PONCHO.... Seriously?

He's #3 for me in PPR.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, midlip said:

I have my draft tonight and giving serious consideration to McCoy at #5 overall...  the Round 1 RBs are better than teh ROund 2 options, where same can't be said about WR 

Dez and Baldwin aren't as good as Green and Jordy. But the rb options round 1 def better than 2. More likely a healthy round 1 wr1 doesn't bust as opposed to a round 1 rb1

2 minutes ago, midlip said:

I have my draft tonight and giving serious consideration to McCoy at #5 overall...  the Round 1 RBs are better than teh ROund 2 options, where same can't be said about WR 

Yes that was the determining factor for me when I selected him #8 overall.  Much more depth at WR compared to RB.  Not even a comparison.  

Had to go with position scarcity first.  

Glad to hear J. Williams is the cuff....took him with last pick.  Feel much better about Shady selection with report on here Williams doing well in camp.

3 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Dez and Baldwin aren't as good as Green and Jordy. But the rb options round 1 def better than 2. More likely a healthy round 1 wr1 doesn't bust as opposed to a round 1 rb1

There were WR round one busts last year.....do we really need to get into that?  At least if the RB goes down with injury and you have a clear cuff to mitigate the risk.  

The same can't be said for a WR.  

Edited by theSPANKER
4 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

but then i'd have to decide between ODB, Green, Evans... and they're all so similar im liking the catching ability of Shady as well in PPR 

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

There were WR round one busts last year.....do we really need to get into that?  At least if the RB goes down with injury and you have a clear cuff to mitigate the risk.  

The same can't be said for a WR.  

Pre-season handcuffs are overrated and not always that clear. I'm not I'd feel too comfortable starting Jonathan Williams if the Bills are starting a 5th round rookie at QB

I do worry about this offense being stuck in reverse all season.  There is nobody on this team that can back up a defense, it will be Shady vs. 11 every time he hits the field.  LeSean being the entire offense sounds great on the surface but you're better off with half of something than all of nothing.  

6 hours ago, scheibler said:

Yep. Bradturd was actually decent his rookie year. The bills are awful

SJax accounted for 1624 total offensive yards that season and 6 rushing TDs. If you think a rookie Sam Bradford on a bad Rams team is better than Tyrod in his 7th year behind an average offensive line then I don't know what to tell you.

5 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Pre-season handcuffs are overrated and not always that clear. I'm not I'd feel too comfortable starting Jonathan Williams if the Bills are starting a 5th round rookie at QB

Depends what size of a league you're in. In a 12 team league where there's virtually not many options at RB in free agency you'll be happy you cuffed Williams. In an 8 or 10 team league there are probably better options out there. Although I'm confident Tyrod is the starter.

Edited by CamNewton
13 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

McCoy and the Bills in general scare the daylights out of me this year.  They wont compete at all and if Shady gets any type of playable injury I have a feeling they will shut him down and not risk him as they have nothing to play for anyway.  

Crazy talk.   Why would they shut down a 29 yr old back who has no part in their long term rebuild?    They will run him into the ground and try to give their fans something to cheer for-  and maybe another team bites on his contract.    

The weirdest fears in this thread lol 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:37 PM, CamNewton said:

Depends what size of a league you're in. In a 12 team league where there's virtually not many options at RB in free agency you'll be happy you cuffed Williams. In an 8 or 10 team league there are probably better options out there. Although I'm confident Tyrod is the starter.

I would grab J Williams in any league 10 teams or bigger.    Many paths to a serious workload.   He's one of the best cuffs in the league with little danger of being in a timeshare- they have no one else 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I would grab J Williams in any league 10 teams or bigger.    Many paths to a serious workload.   He's one of the best cuffs in the league with little danger of being in a timeshare- they have no one else 

I see your really high on McCoy. What kind of stats u think he puts up and where he finishes amongst rbs 

Everyone worried about the lack of a passing game should consider if McCoy won't catch 60-70 balls this year in order to help that passing game.  It's not like he's not capable; he caught 50 last year, has exceeded 50 four times, and caught 78 in Philly in 2010 (granted, nobody threw to RBs like Andy Reid in those days).

Bills Oline is ranked 10th (profootballfocus) and 7th (fantasypros). Fantasy pro's said this about them;

Any time an offensive line produces 2.56 yards before contact for their running backs, they’re good in my book. The Bills offensive line did just that, while the next closest team was the Falcons who created 2.27 yards before contact. They also drafted right tackle Dion Dawkins in the second-round, which was their biggest point of weakness in 2016. If he pans out, they’ll move into the top-five.

I guess their Oline is better than we think. Which makes me feel better about taking him 6th overall (if he falls to me).