Rotoworld.com Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Seems to be painting a worst case picture. Is there some risk with McCoy? Yes. But I still believe in the talent. 

I believe in the talent as well, I have no faith in the Bills.  Thats a big risk to me.  I passed on him at the turn twice last night.  Took the risk with Zeke instead.

everyone calm the F down on shady sheesh

DJ bell evans odell julio Abrown id take over him

after that maybe jordy but shady is the next pick right there worst case

they lost watkins who missed some games anyway and shady did fine, its the same situation but shady is gonna get more catches and maybe more TD's with gilleslee gone from vulturing

all these risks are overthinking hes the 3rd RB off the board no question

19 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

everyone calm the F down on shady sheesh

DJ bell evans odell julio Abrown id take over him

after that maybe jordy but shady is the next pick right there worst case

they lost watkins who missed some games anyway and shady did fine, its the same situation but shady is gonna get more catches and maybe more TD's with gilleslee gone from vulturing

all these risks are overthinking hes the 3rd RB off the board no question

I agree. The offense may be worse than the top 10 offense it was the past two years but Gillisee is gone as a vulture and McCoy will catch more passes, boosting him in PPR and also mitigating the risk from negative game scripts even in non-PPR.

The Watkins stuff is overblown--look at his game logs last year and also look at what McCoy did when Watkins was out for half the year. Robert Woods was the #1 receiver for Buffalo for half the season--J. Matthews is an upgrade on that and Zay Jones has promise.

Edited by Ace_King
31 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

I agree. The offense may be worse than the top 10 offense it was the past two years but Gillisee is gone as a vulture and McCoy will catch more passes, boosting him in PPR and also mitigating the risk from negative game scripts even in non-PPR.

The Watkins stuff is overblown--look at his game logs last year and also look at what McCoy did when Watkins was out for half the year. Robert Woods was the #1 receiver for Buffalo for half the season--J. Matthews is an upgrade on that and Zay Jones has promise.

Look, I chose Shady because he's a PROVEN 3-down STUD, that's the Engine of the Bills O and after him there are so many questions at RB.  As stated above, he's in line for more passing work and vulture is gone.

He's slipping in drafts because of fears but that's when you pounce and take him because of the negativity and your getting really nice VALUE.

And don't forget the underrated, under-the-radar, cheap, unquestioned handcuff in Williams.

You lock him up to mitigate risk.

You have to take the plunge on Shady and not look back.  

Bills went 7-9 last year not really a pinnacle of an amazing season, same with 2011 eagles... They went 8-8 and shady went berserk that year. Sure maybe they're a bit more dire but shady has had alot of his success based on his talent as a runner, simple as that. 

I think there are definite red flags with shady  being a top 5 rb. People need to divorce his talent and past accomplishments from the reality that th Bills are not building a team that is contending to win this year. They are trading away their assets and not giving their offense the weapons to succeed. They give Tyrod posession wr's when he is a vertical passer. I have no idea how all of this affects shadys production which means I avoid him and  take melvin Gordon who is on a much better offense that will be in the red zone frequently or i grab a wr and get vlm guys like gurley/ajayi in 2nd  but you have to consider team risk in terms of how it affects the production of the stud ur spending your 1st rd pick on.

Bottom line is Buffalo as a team is currently a major question mark, so factor that in.

I actually picked up williams off the waiver because he is a cheap option for a lottery given that shady injury risk may increase with his potential increased workload.

Edited by dashoe
14 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Bills went 7-9 last year not really a pinnacle of an amazing season, same with 2011 eagles... They went 8-8 and shady went berserk that year. Sure maybe they're a bit more dire but shady has had alot of his success based on his talent as a runner, simple as that. 

no way they win 7 this year. Might not even sweep the jets

24 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Look, I chose Shady because he's a PROVEN 3-down STUD, that's the Engine of the Bills O and after him there are so many questions at RB.  As stated above, he's in line for more passing work and vulture is gone.

He's slipping in drafts because of fears but that's when you pounce and take him because of the negativity and your getting really nice VALUE.

And don't forget the underrated, under-the-radar, cheap, unquestioned handcuff in Williams.

You lock him up to mitigate risk.

You have to take the plunge on Shady and not look back.  

he was tremendous value last year in mid/late second round ... dunno if  mid/late first round this year is tantamount. 

he'd have to equal/exceed last year's PPG to merit that leap of faith, and i don't quite see it happening.  

won't knock anyone for believing in the guy, but 'value' is not his calling card this year - he's gonna have to shine just to hit R.O.I.

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think there are definite red flags with shady  being a top 5 rb. People need to divorce his talent and past accomplishments from the reality that th Bills are not building a team that is contending to win this year. They are trading away their assets and not giving their offense the weapons to succeed. They give Tyrod posession wr's when he is a vertical passer. I have no idea how all of this affects shadys production which means I avoid him and  take melvin Gordon who is on a much better offense that will be in the red zone frequently or i grab a wr and get vlm guys like gurley/ajayi in 2nd  but you have to consider team risk in terms of how it affects the production of the stud ur spending your 1st rd pick on.

Bottom line is Buffalo as a team is currently a major question mark, so factor that in.

I actually picked up williams off the waiver because he is a cheap option for a lottery given that shady injury risk may increase with his potential increased workload.

Everyone is factoring that in, which is why Shady is slipping to the back-end of round 1 8-12.  if your getting Shady there you MUST POUNCE.  

And quite frankly I wouldn't endorse getting Ajayi or Gurley in round 2 who have just as many question marks, if not more.  I'd be looking to still grab a WR1 there or a stud QB in the 2nd.   

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he was tremendous value last year in mid/late second round ... dunno if  mid/late first round this year is tantamount. 

he'd have to equal/exceed last year's PPG to merit that leap of faith, and i don't quite see it happening.  

won't knock anyone for believing in the guy, but 'value' is not his calling card this year - he's gonna have to shine just to hit R.O.I.

The only true obstacle I see holding Shady back is health which is true of any football player never-mind the RB position and Taylor.

If Taylor stays healthy and matches last years stats, I see no reason why Shady will crash and burn that many on here are in fear of.   

Edited by theSPANKER
1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

The only true obstacle I see holding Shady back is health which is true of any football player never-mind the RB position and Taylor.

If Taylor stays healthy and matches last years stats, I see no reason why Shady will crash and burn and many on here are in fear of.   

i personally never mentioned crash and burn - my issue was with calling him a 'value' pick - see why in my previous post. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i personally never mentioned crash and burn - my issue was with calling him a 'value' pick - see why in my previous post. 

It's all about perception....we shall see won't we?  If he falls 8-12 I consider him value and personally will draft him without hesitation every time.  

Some do think he's crash and burn and will not select him in the 1st round period. 

Edited by theSPANKER

Just fell to 10 in my most recent draft.  Hadn't game planned on getting him at all with pick 10.  I have the same concerens as everyone else but you can't really not draft a possible top 5 rb at that point especially considering the position scarcity. 

13 minutes ago, jdegs7 said:

Love shady but he does tend to have up and down seasons... it's looking messy up there in buffalo. That being said, I agree with the post above, can't do much better if you have the 8th or 9th pick and he's still on the board.

He only has a down season when he misses a little time, otherwise he's a lock for over 1000 rushing alone, closer to 12-1300 not counting his receptions. 

44 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Nor should one be concerned with making a "value" pick in the first round.   Big scorers that give you weekly Rb1 + Wr2 points are gold.  There's only a few.